MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fedi said:

Thanks for the info (: that's interesting because 16 months after our first step towards immigration she was interviewed. it seems like it's form DS 5535/this extra vetting process which has delayed us. what do you mean by obsolete and dating back to when the CR1 process used to take years? If you could point me towards some specific threads to learn more that would be great. Thanks!

You're welcome! ^_^ 

And yes, I think that form is the main, if not the only reason, for the delay.

It took you guys 16 months to get an interview?! That's a lot...

Anyway, here are the search results you get when looking up K3 threads on this forum. Happy reading! :) 

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=K3&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F637938-form-ds-5535-supplemental-questions-for-visa-applicants%2F&ref=&ss=743j451605j4

~~~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all. Just a quick update: today, I called the National Visa Center in the U.S. and they told me I am on "Administrative Processing." I heard AP can take a long time, but nothing is for sure. We'll have to just be patient and see what happens...

Edited by Fedi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fedi said:

Hello all. Just a quick update: today, I called the National Visa Center in the U.S. and they told me I am on "Administrative Processing." I heard AP can take a long time, but nothing is for sure. We'll have to just be patient and see what happens...

Yes, i called NVC same day after the interview. They told me the same thing and said that I should contact the Embassy for further information. so we are waiting. 

when I check CEAC it shows my case was last updated on July 10th. we should wait 60 days when I searched it says most Administrative processing will be solved within 60 days so I'm trying to be optimistic.

Timeline
2 hours ago, rahsab said:

Yes, i called NVC same day after the interview. They told me the same thing and said that I should contact the Embassy for further information. so we are waiting. 

when I check CEAC it shows my case was last updated on July 10th. we should wait 60 days when I searched it says most Administrative processing will be solved within 60 days so I'm trying to be optimistic.

Hello rahsab,

I know how you feel. At this point we can only deal with the next steps as the cases progress, and in the meantime we can try to be proactive and always patient optimistic. Being consumed by negativity and worry will never be of any benefit. I pray and believe we will be with our family soon.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Fedi said:

Hello rahsab,

I know how you feel. At this point we can only deal with the next steps as the cases progress, and in the meantime we can try to be proactive and always patient optimistic. Being consumed by negativity and worry will never be of any benefit. I pray and believe we will be with our family soon.

I hope so but its so hard. I have a 10-month baby her one year birthday on Sep 15th it's so hard that her dad can't be with her. I have surgery end of August. they ruined our life for nothing my husband doesn't have facebook or any social media. but with all of that inshallah I will have the patience to wait. I will keep you in my prayers. We will get through it.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any updates on your wife's case yet?

I have received DS 5535 after my interview on June 23rd and since then my case is under AP. VO told me that it will take 1-2 weeks to complete the process then on the email next days when they sent me DS 5535 it was mentioned 10-30 days. Did the VO mention any timeline to your wife ?

Timeline

Hello,

No updates yet, it's been about 31 days. They actually never told us the estimated time it takes to process, I'm just going off of what the immigration website says (within 60 days). That's great that they said 10-30 days, I hope things move swiftly for you. Please do let me know if there are any updates.

Timeline
5 hours ago, USvisa5535 said:

Any updates on your wife's case yet?

I have received DS 5535 after my interview on June 23rd and since then my case is under AP. VO told me that it will take 1-2 weeks to complete the process then on the email next days when they sent me DS 5535 it was mentioned 10-30 days. Did the VO mention any timeline to your wife ?

Hello,

No updates yet, it's been about 31 days. They actually never told us the estimated time it takes to process, I'm just going off of what the immigration website says (within 60 days). That's great that they said 10-30 days, I hope things move swiftly for you. Please do let me know if there are any update

Hi everyone, I'm sorry that we are all facing this hardship. We had to fill out form DS 5535 after our interview for a k-1 visa on June 5th and we are still in AP with no update since June 9th. Has anyone had a positive outcome after being placed in AP, we've read that most cases are resolved within 60 days and almost 100% are resolved in 120 days but we have still not read of anyone's personal experience, are these real time estimates? Because we are already going on our second month waiting.

On 7/13/2017 at 9:22 PM, Fedi said:

Hello all,

I am an American born citizen, my wife is Moroccan. On June 19th, 2017 my wife had a k-1 visa interview in Casa Blanca and they gave her form DS 5535 immediately after the interview, in person, along with an email address for her to email the completed form to. She filled it out and sent it 3 days later. We haven't heard anything from them, and, like the rest of you we are wondering how long this extra step in screening is going to take. If you have any information regarding the time frame please do let me know. It is much appreciated. 

P.S. Stay optimistic. I hope you will be with your loved ones soon.

Warm Regards,

Fadi

Hi fadi, thank you  for sharing your experience! my wife also had an interview on july 17 in casablanca and yesterday I received an email about filling out the form DS-5535. they sent me an attachment as well as questions to be answered in form of an email ( I am assuming that's the form?). how did you fill out the form? copied those questions into microsoft Word?, cause I wasn't able to download the attachment. this is what they said

""As arranged at the end of your immigrant visa interview, please fill out the form below and send it back to us for processing. Attached is the official form sent to you just for informational purposes and NOT to fill it out.""

thank you!

Timeline
On 7/26/2017 at 10:24 PM, Salamano said:

Hi fadi, thank you  for sharing your experience! my wife also had an interview on july 17 in casablanca and yesterday I received an email about filling out the form DS-5535. they sent me an attachment as well as questions to be answered in form of an email ( I am assuming that's the form?). how did you fill out the form? copied those questions into microsoft Word?, cause I wasn't able to download the attachment. this is what they said

""As arranged at the end of your immigrant visa interview, please fill out the form below and send it back to us for processing. Attached is the official form sent to you just for informational purposes and NOT to fill it out.""

thank you!

Hello, I'm very sorry for the late reply. In our case they gave my wife the form directly after the interview in person and gave her an email address   To send the completed form to. I hope that you figured out a way to send them the form, and, again, I wish I could have been more help when you posted. I will definitely keep everybody on this thread up-to-date on anything that happens with our case and I hope for the best for everybody...

take care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone my fiancé also got ds5535 at the interview she was told her visa is approved and she will get her passport in 10 days but after 3 weeks she got email to fill out  ds5535 I was just wondering if anyone got there visa after submitting the form thanks 

Timeline
21 hours ago, E&R said:

Hello everyone my fiancé also got ds5535 at the interview she was told her visa is approved and she will get her passport in 10 days but after 3 weeks she got email to fill out  ds5535 I was just wondering if anyone got there visa after submitting the form thanks 

HELLO

not that we know of this form is new that's why we are here to inform each other. good luck and keep us updated.

For me and my husband its been 34 days since we filled it and sent it to the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, rahsab said:

HELLO

not that we know of this form is new that's why we are here to inform each other. good luck and keep us updated.

For me and my husband its been 34 days since we filled it and sent it to the embassy.

Hi Rahsab we just emailed today I will keep you guys updated 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.