Lion Star

Administrative Processing-Can someone explain about reply from US Embassy Islamabad

690 posts in this topic

My sister, her spouse along with 2 sons had immigrant visa interview on April 10th 2017. Their passports were kept by US Embassy in Pakistan and they were told that their case is being forwarded for administrative review. They were given 221g with explanation of administrative review. The thing is they do not have a set time frame for these review. All it says is that it could take several weeks which could mean infinite period.

Is it true that when a case is put in administrative review it gets thrown behind other cases that get priority over administrative review cases ?

If that is the case then, its totally unfair. These people already waited for over 13 years to get their cases approved, with all the required documents submitted, where all the docs. were supposedly cross checked for authenticity by relevant departments, only to find out at the final moment that their case needs further administrative review. They need to fix this process and make it more efficient. I think this is nothing but absolutely BS. Pardon my French.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, matrix66 said:

My sister, her spouse along with 2 sons had immigrant visa interview on April 10th 2017. Their passports were kept by US Embassy in Pakistan and they were told that their case is being forwarded for administrative review. They were given 221g with explanation of administrative review. The thing is they do not have a set time frame for these review. All it says is that it could take several weeks which could mean infinite period.

Is it true that when a case is put in administrative review it gets thrown behind other cases that get priority over administrative review cases ?

If that is the case then, its totally unfair. These people already waited for over 13 years to get their cases approved, with all the required documents submitted, where all the docs. were supposedly cross checked for authenticity by relevant departments, only to find out at the final moment that their case needs further administrative review. They need to fix this process and make it more efficient. I think this is nothing but absolutely BS. Pardon my French.

Unfortunately, There is nothing you can do about AP. Once you are in Administrative processing, its a wait game again.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello.

My parents interview were on June 14th. They didn't ask them additional documents but were told them to contact us after 2 months and gave them white paper indicated AP. my father travel a lot to Dubai so i think that may be one reason to keep him in AP. The interview went well and didn't ask a lot of questions. my father case was updated couples times on June 15th, June 17th, June 21th, and last update i see now is June 23rd since then no update was done. My mother last update was on June 15th. and they keep both of their passport. It has been now a month and didn't hear anything from US Consulate of Islamabad. :pop:

Timeline

and i did email them after their interview done and got the same response so i guess i will have to wait at least 2 months before sending them another email if no update from US Consulate Islamabad

On 7/12/2017 at 3:14 AM, Mehar said:

Unfortunately, There is nothing you can do about AP. Once you are in Administrative processing, its a wait game again.

I know and do understand its a waiting game. The thing is they do not have any set time frame for that which could possibly take several years as well if going by their "Definition" of time duration. Considering that, someone's life could get upside down by the time the admin review is completed. On top of that once your case is in administrative review, there is a good chance it will get thrown behind other cases hence causing further delay.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
14 hours ago, Daniyal Naeem said:

helo...

my case was going under AP since may.. bt now in my applicatn status it is showing ready instead of AP. can some one plzz tell me what does it mean? 

Congrat!, they are now working on ur case. soon it will change to issue visa..

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanq zaib.

could u plzz tell me how much time is required by tha Consulate for the issuance of visa on this stage? its showing ready from 25th july. On 21 july my case sats was ready then on 24 it was agaain in ready at morning and i again chek my status at tha evening on 24th july and it was again in AP. den at 25th july it is going ready. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Daniyal Naeem said:

thanq zaib.

could u plzz tell me how much time is required by tha Consulate for the issuance of visa on this stage? its showing ready from 25th july. On 21 july my case sats was ready then on 24 it was agaain in ready at morning and i again chek my status at tha evening on 24th july and it was again in AP. den at 25th july it is going ready. 

Our  case also updated from Ap to Ready on 20th july ..Still on Ready ...Only Allah knows and they knows whats going on behind Ready ..🙁🙁

Timeline
On 7/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, Daniyal Naeem said:

thanq zaib.

it could be anytime soon 2 days or a week. You can email them and ask for your case stats.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, Uzii said:

Our  case also updated from Ap to Ready on 20th july ..Still on Ready ...Only Allah knows and they knows whats going on behind Ready ..🙁🙁

DId you email them?

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zaib212 said:

it could be anytime soon 2 days or a week. You can email them and ask for your case stats.

DId you email them?

Yes i did..it says pending in administrative processing🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.