mcdull

Filing N400 online, anyone?

1,046 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Awesome -- thank you, @Texaco5! We'll make an account at some point, but until then, it was really helpful to be able to see these questions in advance. From your post earlier here, it looks like your application went amazingly fast. Let's hope that holds true for others who apply online (and that they work on expanding the pool of folks who are eligible to do so)!

• 3 weeks later...

Aibie and I used the same link on June the 13th, 2017.  We got our conformation number right away and then on the 22nd of June we also got a hard copy in the mail.  

I don't remember what day we got the letter about the biometrics appointment, but we were scheduled yesterday on the 5th of July.  

The link works great and from what I have seen read and heard it is much quicker process.  I hope this helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
14 hours ago, BradnAibie said:

Aibie and I used the same link on June the 13th, 2017.  We got our conformation number right away and then on the 22nd of June we also got a hard copy in the mail.  

I don't remember what day we got the letter about the biometrics appointment, but we were scheduled yesterday on the 5th of July.  

The link works great and from what I have seen read and heard it is much quicker process.  I hope this helps.

That's amazingly fast. Seems like IOE applications are on fire nowadays. Did you file 90 days prior to 3rd year resident anniversary and is your I-751 still pending? I'm leaning more on this option when my N 400 window opens up in a few months.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a couple of questions. Are we required to send two passport size photographs while filing it online? Also, is there a limit for 5 attachments per section (Evidence)? I tried uploading the 6th attachment and it gave me an error. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SamBillz said:

I have a couple of questions. Are we required to send two passport size photographs while filing it online? Also, is there a limit for 5 attachments per section (Evidence)? I tried uploading the 6th attachment and it gave me an error. 

It didn't prompt us for any photos, but we've read it's a good idea to bring passport photos to the interview, as some people are asked for them on the spot, so that's what we'll plan to do. I'm pretty sure we did upload more than 5 attachments in at least one evidence section, but the system is a bit buggy. Maybe try again? Navigate to a different page, then come back to evidence? Log out and back in if necessary?

Timeline

Thank you AK_2014. The website is definitely not working properly as now i see multiple attachments of the same file that i had uploaded. I delete them and save the responses and come back to find them again :S. 

Timeline

For the love of God, I cannot get the attachments sorted out. I have tried to delete the duplicates many a times, even tried deleting all the files under Other evidence, clicking NEXT to save the responses, signed out completely (tried different browsers).  Nothing has worked. Whenever I go back to the Evidence tab, it still has the same duplicate attachments and some more. Not sure what else can i do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, SamBillz said:

For the love of God, I cannot get the attachments sorted out. I have tried to delete the duplicates many a times, even tried deleting all the files under Other evidence, clicking NEXT to save the responses, signed out completely (tried different browsers).  Nothing has worked. Whenever I go back to the Evidence tab, it still has the same duplicate attachments and some more. Not sure what else can i do. 

Same thing happened to me, at the end I just went ahead and submitted it with the duplicates.  

I figured as long as the uploads are actually THERE, which is the main thing, then it's not my issue how many times it shows up in their system.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Timeline

I am about to do the same. My only concern is the tax return because it overrides the other two (2014 and 2015) and then shows 4 attachments of 2016. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SamBillz said:

I am about to do the same. My only concern is the tax return because it overrides the other two (2014 and 2015) and then shows 4 attachments of 2016. 

They will open the documents to look at them, so they'll see that they are different ones you've uploaded.

When I submitted mine, it showed that my marriage certificate was uploaded a total of 6 times no matter how many times I tried to delete the extra ones.  Whoever sees that before opening the documents is gonna think I've been married 6 times lol

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Timeline

6 times is a bit overstretched but kudos to you :P lol. Yeah let's hope those attachments are different because every time I download the PDF to see which one is it, it always shows the 2016 one. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
44 minutes ago, SamBillz said:

Ever heard of PDF combiner?

Timeline

Those of you who applied online...I applied yesterday (Friday night), and have yet to receive the printable NOA....I do know the application was received because it sent me an email  that there's an update on my account.  The account is saying it's been accepted for submission and told me the field office...but I was under the impression the printable NOA receipt comes right away?  Is it because it's the weekend that I haven't seen it yet, or is there something I'm missing here?

I know I'll get one in the mail eventually, but still...

On a side note---wouldn't it be great if USCIS moves as quickly on applications as they do on processing the payment for them??  lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Going through said:

Those of you who applied online...I applied yesterday (Friday night), and have yet to receive the printable NOA....I do know the application was received because it sent me an email  that there's an update on my account.  The account is saying it's been accepted for submission and told me the field office...but I was under the impression the printable NOA receipt comes right away?  Is it because it's the weekend that I haven't seen it yet, or is there something I'm missing here?

I know I'll get one in the mail eventually, but still...

On a side note---wouldn't it be great if USCIS moves as quickly on applications as they do on processing the payment for them??  lol

I received mine two days after. You should have your receipt number.

I just can't figure this out, if the system is full of problems, why is everyone efiling? When I edited, I encountered none of those issues you guys mentioned. And besides, it doesn't make the process faster at all! (Based on my experience)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.