kellyh

Guidance on how to reschedule interview date for CR1

86 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am trying to reschedule but there isn't any date available at all. I went till up to 2020. I am sure this would be any bug. Should I email the embassy?

1 hour ago, Mevora said:

I am trying to reschedule but there isn't any date available at all. I went till up to 2020. I am sure this would be any bug. Should I email the embassy?

sometimes dates just aren't available at certain times.  It says you're an EB1.  Did you have your interview date already set by the NVC or do you get one yourself?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mevora said:

This is scary. My husband is about to miss his interview as he had travel plans on that date. We were hoping it would be easy to reschedule.

19 minutes ago, hfarnaz said:

This is scary. My husband is about to miss his interview as he had travel plans on that date. We were hoping it would be easy to reschedule.

this will vary by embassy.

Also noting your country flag, I would suggest forgoing travel and concentrating on the interview.  Why anyone can't work around the interview date as per the NVC is a little beyond me.  I would think it would be a priority. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, NikLR said:

this will vary by embassy.

Also noting your country flag, I would suggest forgoing travel and concentrating on the interview.  Why anyone can't work around the interview date as per the NVC is a little beyond me.  I would think it would be a priority. 

My citizenship is now US and my husband is Canadian. The embassy he has to visit is Montreal. There are all kinds of reason why a person cannot travel to Montreal on a date provided by NVC. Im hoping he would get his appointment soon.

6 hours ago, hfarnaz said:

My citizenship is now US and my husband is Canadian. The embassy he has to visit is Montreal. There are all kinds of reason why a person cannot travel to Montreal on a date provided by NVC. Im hoping he would get his appointment soon.

Ah well you haven't changed your profile.  No there aren't all kinds of reasons.  Work is not a valid reason imo. Obviously to other it is, but why I do not understand. The NVC gives you a month in advance and generally 2-4 weeks after your CC.  When you find out the date from the NVC you can try to reschedule them (unless you're not proactive and calling or every other day at this point) vs missing the interview and trying to reschedule after the fact. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, NikLR said:

sometimes dates just aren't available at certain times.  It says you're an EB1.  Did you have your interview date already set by the NVC or do you get one yourself?

My date was set by NVC. It was provided within 6 weeks of providing the documents, so it was really quick. I thought I should be able to find a date within next 90 days but doesn't seem to be the case. 

8 hours ago, hfarnaz said:

I don't know. I can't find a date now even till 2020. As I said, this seems abnormal so I'll see what can be done here.

1 hour ago, Mevora said:

My date was set by NVC. It was provided within 6 weeks of providing the documents, so it was really quick. I thought I should be able to find a date within next 90 days but doesn't seem to be the case. 

I don't know. I can't find a date now even till 2020. As I said, this seems abnormal so I'll see what can be done here.

So have you had the interview yet?

Just now, Mevora said:

This appointment was for the Interview, so no interview yet

Then you cant reschedule.  If your interview date was set by the NVC you can only reschedule it after missing the interview initially. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NikLR said:

Then you cant reschedule.  If your interview date was set by the NVC you can only reschedule it after missing the interview initially. 

I've missed the interview date already and  I am at the scheduling page

Okay that wasn't how you made it to sound.  If you're having issues contact the tech support for the site. 

but it's also possible montreal hasn't opened up dates yet.  They tend to do it in batches.  K1 run into this issue all the time. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Mevora said:

As I recall, when I tried to reschedule only dates for the next two months were available. Anything after that would be greyed.

My original interview date was June, after missing the interview, I looked at the calendar and a few dates were available in July and only one in August. (Image captured attached).

WIth that being said, I checked the calendar often and sometimes see that they would have a few more dates avail for August. Just keep checking, if you think it's abnormal, call them and ask !

My personal opinion, if you can reschedule, select the earliest date available and make arrangements. You've waited all this time, so it should be Priority that you attend the interview. 

Good luck!

59548a3e2131a_ScreenShot2017-06-28at10_03_23PM.png.1e9dc4ded49483709c587c2b4384b471.png

09-Jul-2016 ✳ Married in Canada !  ♥ ❣ 💒

USCIS   

06-Sep-2016  I-130 sent to Arizona Lockbox

13-Sep-2016  Email "USCIS Acceptance Confirmation" , Check cashed

18-Sep-2016  NOA1, hardcopy received [PD 08-Sep-2016]

Case accepted, routed to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
20-Sep-2016
  USCIS shows "Case Was Received"

22-Mar-2017  USCIS shows "Case Approved"

30-Mar-2017  NOA2, hardcopy received [193 days from NOA1 to NOA 2] 

30-Mar-2017  USCIS shows ''Case sent to Department of State

NVC & Embassy

01-Apr-2017  NVC rec'd case

06-Apr-2017  NVC case # assigned, email added  [7 days from NOA2 to Case Number assigned] 

10-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC IIN assigned, DS-261 & AOS Unlocked, DS-261 submitted & AOS Fee paid online

12-Apr-2017 ✳ NVC Welcome email received

18-Apr-2017 ✳ IV Fee Unlocked, Fee paid online

20-Apr-2017 ✳ DS-260 Unlocked   

30-Apr-2017  DS-260 submitted

11-May-2017  AOS & IV Pkg Submitted via email

👍 N/A  Scan Date     👍 N/A  Case completed

16-May-2017  Called to inquire, informed Case Completed! [40 days from Case Number assigned to Case Complete] 

18-May-2017  Official Interview Appointment letter received via email for June 27, 2017     

282 Days from NOA1 to Interview (9 months 9 days) 

18-May-2017  CEAC shows case at NVC   19-May-2017  CEAC shows case in TRANSIT   23-May-2017  CEAC shows case is READY

23-Aug-2017  Y  웃유  G I R L  ヅ 👶 👧 🚺 

28-Nov-2017 ✳ New interview date

Embassy

20-Nov-2017  Medical at Surrey, BC

28-Nov-2017 ✳ Interview at Montreal Consulate  APPROVED:dancing:

07-Dec-2017  CEAC case update to AP   CEAC Case Last updated:  11-Dec-2017 ; 26-Jan-2018 ; 31-Jan-2018

05-Feb-2018  Visa in hand   63 Days in AP

06-Feb-2018  Immigration fee paid online
27-Feb-2018 ✳ POE

07-Mar-2018  SSN received

13-Apr-2018 ✳ Green Card in hand

00-???-201? ✳ Adjustment of Status

Wiki on NVC Process     -     Wiki for Canadian Spouses for NVC

Personal Checklist - MTL-NVC to Interview Process  - Thx JessieABC for sharing!

Timeline
6 hours ago, kellyh said:

As I recall, when I tried to reschedule only dates for the next two months were available. Anything after that would be greyed.

My original interview date was June, after missing the interview, I looked at the calendar and a few dates were available in July and only one in August. (Image captured attached).

WIth that being said, I checked the calendar often and sometimes see that they would have a few more dates avail for August. Just keep checking, if you think it's abnormal, call them and ask !

My personal opinion, if you can reschedule, select the earliest date available and make arrangements. You've waited all this time, so it should be Priority that you attend the interview. 

Good luck!

59548a3e2131a_ScreenShot2017-06-28at10_03_23PM.png.1e9dc4ded49483709c587c2b4384b471.png

Mine is totally greyed as shown in the picture.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.31.25 AM.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/12/2018 at 7:38 AM, Mevora said:

Mine is totally greyed as shown in the picture.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.31.25 AM.png

Did the schedule open up for you after a few days? I'm also now looking to reschedule my interview for a month later... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.