25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Zari&Tony said:

I will let you know what my RFE is once I get it in the mail and also i'll let you know about anything new that I find out along this process.

Thank you so much!!!!

I'm getting my divorce decree apostiled just in case on Monday to save time :/

Timeline
9 hours ago, Zari&Tony said:

I got my RFE on Monday. I had miss to fill out the criminal record part on the form and they also needed more photos, hotel reservations,etc.

What evidence did you send in?? 

We got an RFE for the website we met on being an international marriage broker. 

It is not so we sent an email and statement from the websites legal head citing the imba 2005 act and a statement on why it's not an imba. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We got an RFE last fall and they approved within a couple of weeks for us. Check my signature :)

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Timeline
Just now, prish17 said:

Thanks for this!! what was your RFE for, if you don't mind me asking?

Evidence of having met in the past 2 years. Which we provided the first time around :huh:, but I think it was due to our lawyer (at the time) not including any passport stamps and not spelling things out really clearly and concisely. We re-put together our evidence and everything went smoothly. 

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization

Timeline
Just now, sarahandyunus said:

Evidence of having met in the past 2 years. Which we provided the first time around :huh:, but I think it was due to our lawyer (at the time) not including any passport stamps and not spelling things out really clearly and concisely. We re-put together our evidence and everything went smoothly. 

It's just making me a little nervous...do you know if they look at the whole file first ?

I just don't want another one!

Timeline
6 hours ago, prish17 said:

It's just making me a little nervous...do you know if they look at the whole file first ?

I just don't want another one!

I'm sure they go off of what you've already submitted, however in our case, we re-spelled everything out for them. We explained how we met, then broke down every visit we have had with plane tickets, passport stamps, photos, etc. and had a table of contents at the beginning to outline it all. 

I don't know anything about proving that it wasn't an international marriage broker, though, sorry. 

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization

Timeline
30 minutes ago, sarahandyunus said:

I'm sure they go off of what you've already submitted, however in our case, we re-spelled everything out for them. We explained how we met, then broke down every visit we have had with plane tickets, passport stamps, photos, etc. and had a table of contents at the beginning to outline it all. 

I don't know anything about proving that it wasn't an international marriage broker, though, sorry. 

Thanks :) I'm pretty confident with what we've submitted as evidence with the IMB element (I just wish we had known that as soon as you mention a site there's a chance you get a rfe about this!) 

im hoping and praying we get an approval real soon x

Timeline
Just now, prish17 said:

Thanks :) I'm pretty confident with what we've submitted as evidence with the IMB element (I just wish we had known that as soon as you mention a site there's a chance you get a rfe about this!) 

im hoping and praying we get an approval real soon x

Good luck! 

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.