28 posts in this topic

Tough situation. Sorry to hear.

Postpartum maybe?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Look at it this way, it could have been fraud, it could not have been. The fact that you two were married for so long and had children shows she did and does love you. We don't know what is in her head. Maybe once she got to the US she had a change of heart and felt her possibilities were more open. Maybe it's after giving birth. ( I do sometimes fear my husband will become "americanized" and find someone else there, not by fraud but people sometimes change in the US) Whatever the reason, let her go if she persists on the idea of divorce. You can try working it out a bit but if she continues then there is nothing you can do. At least you tried to sabe the marriage. But don't worry about the reason of why she is divorcing. Fraud or not. Let that be with God. You tried your best. In the end, you're better off without them than being in a marriage where they feel stuck. It'll hurt for some time but we all bounce back up. Keep your head up

Get a ticket to Thailand and everything will be forgotten ..

04/21/2016 : Married

11/17/2016 : I-130 sent ( NSO marriage certificate took forever) 

11/23/2016 : I-130 case accepted notified by email NOA1

01/27/2017 : USCIS APPROVED NOA2

02/04/2017 : NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

02/28/2017 : Case received by NVC

03/02/2017 : Agent assigned 

03/07/2017 : Case number assigned with invoice

03/28/2017 : Fees paid (IV and AOS)
04/05/2017 : DS260 online form completed
04/09/2017 : IV and AOS package sent to NVC
04/12/2017 : Requested for NVC expedite
04/17/2017:  NVC expedite approved 

04/18/2017:  In Transit 

04/20/2017: Received in Manila (may schedule for interview)
05/11/2017: SLEC -CLEARED 
05/25/2017: Interview @ Manila Embassy - APPROVED

05/30/2017: VISA on hand plus packet

06/08/2017: POE: California  

06/14/2017: Social Security card received through DS260 filing

06/24/2017: Green card received 

CRBA 

04/10/2017: CRBA sent to Embassy via FedEx 

04/19/2017: Appointment scheduled 

05/04/2017: Interviewed and approved 

05/17/2017: CRBA certificate on hand

05/26/2017: U.S Passport on hand

06/02/2017: Paid for ECC and Extension fees

06/08/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline

You did say you have no proof of fraud, and you were asking how to report fraud, but its highly unlikely that's what is going on here. More likely you're just in the 50% of marriages ending in divorce.

I'm not divorced, but I saw my parents get divorced (2 Americans), and they said all manner of nasty things and lies when the marriage failed. I wouldn't take her comment seriously. It just sounds spiteful.

Get a lawyer and stay in your kids' lives. That's my advice. Move on. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hopeful diva said:

Nothing can be done. She already got what she wanted. Were there no red flags from the start? I'm amazed at how well she played it out for 9 years. 

Who says she even did fraud. A lot of people divorce for many reasons they were married for 9 years. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't quite understand what her relative's use of a fake SSN has to with your wife committing fraud in a 9 year marriage.
The only possible proof is what she said to you and I am sure you are never going to be able to use that against her.

Let it go

I'm sorry you are going through this.  But it will not help you to "get even".  It will only cause you more misery.  Hopefully you can let her go and remain "friends" for the sake of the children, etc. Not to mention your own sanity.  Good luck and God Bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, I am sorry that you are going through this. Divorce is tough even when you aren't happy together,  Tougher still when you get blindsided.

I need to agree with the others that say keep it civil for the kids.  I've been divorced 10 years.  We both agreed to stay as civil as possible to make it as good as possible for our kids.  I'm sure there are time we've both had to hold back our annoyance with each other.  But after the bitterness ended (which it will), we've done a pretty good job working together for their benefit.

Ask her if counseling is an option.  If not, ask her if the two of you can stay on civil terms and work together for the kids sake. 

Most of all, do not let bitterness consume you.  Anger and resentment only hurt the one holding them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like the OP has realised how much this is going to cost and is flailing around for a get out of jail card.

2 US Citizens divorcing is not an Immigration issue

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

A patient green card scammer can stick around for nine years but I don't think your wife used you. You should not worry about fraud at this point. Let her go. Make sure your kids are actually yours.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.