VisaDJ

Interview Checklist

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, I realise this has been covered many times but just for my own peace of mind, it would be great to have someone else confirm that I have all of the correct documents ready for my interview (I have never been married, nor lived in another country, nor have any children):

--------------------

From my side:

- Passport

- Birth Certificate (two paper parts)

- Police Certificate

- Sworn statement (+ emails from ACRO) detailing a 'No Live Trace' on Police Certificate

- Confirmation page from DS-160

- One passport photo

- Airplane Tickets (for our visits to one another)

- Photographs (from our visits to one another)

Do I need to take...?

- Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance)?

- Medical documents (GP summary / vaccination records etc.)?

- Any other documents?

--------------------

From my fiancee's side:

- Form I-134

- Pay stubs

- Bank letter

- Employer letter

- Last year's Tax Return

- Statement of intent

- Anything else?!

--------------------

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Edited by VisaDJ

1 hour ago, VisaDJ said:

Hi everyone, I realise this has been covered many times but just for my own peace of mind, it would be great to have someone else confirm that I have all of the correct documents ready for my interview (I have never been married, nor lived in another country, nor have any children):

--------------------

From my side:

- Passport

- Birth Certificate (two paper parts)

- Police Certificate

- Sworn statement (+ emails from ACRO) detailing a 'No Live Trace' on Police Certificate

- One passport photo

Do I need to take...?

- Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance)?

- Medical documents (GP summary / vaccination records etc.)?

- Any other documents?

--------------------

From my fiancee's side:

- Form I-134

- Pay stubs

- Bank letter

- Employer letter

- Last year's Tax Return

- Statement of intent

- Anything else?!

--------------------

Thanks in advance for any responses!

From what I can see you're pretty much good to go 😃,I've collected same paperwork as you whilst I wait for our NOA2 notification,I think Knightsbridge medical office send your exam results to the embassy before you can have your interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, VisaDJ said:

You could easily  be approved with:

From my side:

- Passport

- Birth Certificate (two paper parts) WITH PARENT NAMES ON IT

- Police Certificate

- Sworn statement (+ emails from ACRO) detailing a 'No Live Trace' on Police Certificate ( ?? MAYBE )

- One passport photo

- RECEIPT OF PAYING THE VISA FEE

From my fiancee's side:

- Form I-134

- Employer letter

Take your appointment confirmation (date/time) to get admitted easier.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You could easily  be approved with:

From my side:

- Passport

- Birth Certificate (two paper parts) WITH PARENT NAMES ON IT

- Police Certificate

- Sworn statement (+ emails from ACRO) detailing a 'No Live Trace' on Police Certificate( ??)

- One passport photo

- RECEIPT OF PAYING THE VISA FEE

From my fiancee's side:

- Form I-134

- Employer letter

Great, thank you!

And, should I bring one copy of everything, or just those items stated here?

Timeline

Note I edited to remind you to bring your appointment confirmation.

They don't actually want copies anymore. I don't know why the website still says that because they tell people "I don't need that" and hand them back.  I think they must scan those originals now like your birth certificate (or marriage certificate when needed), then give it back before you leave. It used to be that you brought copies of anything you needed back like original personal documents. And of course it's good practice to have a photocopy at home for your records of the other stuff, but not for the embassy. In immigration, never send off or hand in your one and only copy of anything. You may want to refer to it again.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Note I edited to remind you to bring your appointment confirmation.

They don't actually want copies anymore. I don't know why the website still says that because they tell people "I don't need that" and hand them back.  I think they must scan those originals now like your birth certificate (or marriage certificate when needed), then give it back before you leave. It used to be that you brought copies of anything you needed back like original personal documents. And of course it's good practice to have a photocopy at home for your records of the other stuff, but not for the embassy. In immigration, never send off or hand in your one and only copy of anything. You may want to refer to it again.

Oh, that's even better then! I'll still take copies (i've already made quite a few!) but will keep them in a separate folder in my bag - my paranoid-self is saying 'just in case!' - but hopefully, as you say, they wont need them.

I've got the confirmation letter too, which has the appointment date/time, as well as the payment details.

Thanks so much for all of your help (on all of my posts) - really do appreciate it.

Looks good! Good luck!

The only thing which I've found we overlooked was the long form birth certificate (which has just been ordered, phew) so I'd say everything else is spot-on.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

Timeline
Just now, aless02 said:

Looks good! Good luck!

The only thing which I've found we overlooked was the long form birth certificate (which has just been ordered, phew) so I'd say everything else is spot-on.

Great! :)

Just so I'm sure I have the correct version(s), I have one A4 sized certificate ('Certified copy of an entry pursuant to the Births and Deaths Registration Act 1953'), and a smaller square certificate ('Certificate of Birth').

Hopefully that's what I need!

If you were born in the U.K. the full birth certificate is not A4 size, it's a long oblong thing that is a pain to photocopy 

Good luck & enjoy your celebrations 🎉 

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Timeline
26 minutes ago, trudi said:

If you were born in the U.K. the full birth certificate is not A4 size, it's a long oblong thing that is a pain to photocopy 

Good luck & enjoy your celebrations 🎉 

Oh... That doesn't sound good for me then. My parents have got that long rectangular version, but mine is a small (A5-ish) square shape.

I've just compared the two (my Mum's vs. my copy) and they both contain almost exactly the same info and look identical... They're just on two differently sized sheets.

I've also just looked online and on Wikipedia, the birth certificate shown is in the A4 shape.

Phew. Heart attack averted.

Edited by VisaDJ

Timeline
15 minutes ago, VisaDJ said:

Oh... That doesn't sound good for me then. My parents have got that long rectangular version, but mine is a small (A5-ish) square shape.

I've just compared the two (my Mum's vs. my copy) and they both contain almost exactly the same info and look identical... They're just on two differently sized sheets.

I've also just looked online and on Wikipedia, the birth certificate shown is in the A4 shape.

Phew. Heart attack averted.

Sorry that post got locked before I could finish editing... First half was original post... Second half was the edited version :) Basically, I think everything is ok and I can sleep easy!

2 hours ago, VisaDJ said:

Sorry that post got locked before I could finish editing... First half was original post... Second half was the edited version :) Basically, I think everything is ok and I can sleep easy!

Ooh maybe they changed since I got mine in 2016, be nice if they've made them a normal size :)

Edited by trudi

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Timeline

There are many sizes of UK birth certificates depending on when you were born. The important thing is that it has.  

• BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS NAMED ON IT, or one parent if the father happened to be unknown or not named at the time of birth
  • It is a real document from a government agency.

Mine looks nothing like your sample. It still worked. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

There are many sizes of UK birth certificates depending on when you were born. The important thing is that it has.  

• BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS NAMED ON IT, or one parent if the father happened to be unknown or not named at the time of birth
  • It is a real document from a government agency.

Mine looks nothing like your sample. It still worked. 

Yes, it has all the required details and is clearly an official document :) Should be fine!

Looks good to me. As Wuozopo mentioned you would likely be fine with much less, but good to be prepared.

My wife had everything on your list (Photos, airplane tickets etc will all put into one giant scrapbook type deal). The lady took the main originals (police certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate), made copies. She waited, then a different lady interviewed her for 5 minutes, gave her back her originals and she was approved. She didn't show any documents from my side, and she even asked if they wanted to see the photos to which the lady laughed and said no, "keep it as a momento". 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.