30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The NVC has had my approved i129F for 1 Month on Friday. I have had a case number KNG# which, along with USCIS receipt number, allowed us to make an interview date on the Jamaican US embassy website (paid fees etc). We conducted the medical exam. We have every single document needed to attend the interview but the NVC is still "administrative processing". We were told they just assign the number and send it along quickly. One month later?

Can we go to the interview or not? No one will give us a clear answer. Please help. Appointment is Thursday. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It could have hit a snag during some routine checks at NVC, while not entirely common, it has happened.... as to the interview, if the embassy doesn't have the petition, there can't be an interview really. While you were able to set it up using the NVC case number, the embassy still needs the petition themselves to review.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
Just now, Jessyoga said:

Even though the DS160 has almost all of the exact same information that is on the 129F which is already approved?

While the DS-160 may have a lot, they want to also see the relationship evidence in the initial petition. they review it and anything extra given at the time of the interview prior to it.

Give some time and maybe a more experienced person who has seen this same type of situation chime in, worst case is you reschedule the interview to a later date; but right now see if someone else here can give more guidance.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jessyoga said:

Okay thank you! I have all of the evidence. I'm here with him in Jamaica for months and going to attend with him. Lol.

What does the CEAC status say online? Does it say "Ready for Interview" or?

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

CEAC just says at NVC. I call daily they say "administrative processing". The Jamaican US Embassy website dashboard says "attend interview" and "checking ds160"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You cannot schedule your interview until your case file reaches the embassy.  People are being proactive by completing their DS-160 and emailing the embassy with the information, you will need to cancel the interview until your file reaches JA.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

I'm confused as to why the Jamaican US Embassy website allows us to make the interview date with the Case # and USCIS Receipt number prior to the Package reaching them it is an absolute necessity to follow that timeline.

It seems that the i129F is a pre-qualification that grants permission that we are suitable to apply the Visa. The DS160 is the actual visa application. The information is almost identical on the original petition i129F as the DS160.

It just confuses me as to what it is that they are even sending? I have the approval of the petition NOA2, the DS160 is the same content and the proof of relationship is recommended to be brought to the interview anyways. 

I wish they could let me know what is taking so long to send it.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At NVC u go through another case file screening before it is sent to the embassy.  It is your immigration file being sent to embassy.  You called NVC and got ur case file number and filled out the DS-160 before your file got to the embassy.  You are technically supposed to wait until your file gets to the embassy, and then the JA embassy sends you in the mail or via email your Packet 3, which gives you permission to proceed.  The website does not know the embassy has not mailed u packet 3.

Did you already have your medical?  If u show up for interview, u will be turned away until they get ur file. Ur file and all documents r reviewed by Embassy staff to determine validity of the relationship and approve or deny ur petition. Just because u received a NOA2 does not mean you will be issued a visa.  They still have to review file, medical, proof of ability to marry, income, and police cert.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

17 minutes ago, Jessyoga said:

I'm confused as to why the Jamaican US Embassy website allows us to make the interview date with the Case # and USCIS Receipt number prior to the Package reaching them it is an absolute necessity to follow that timeline.

It seems that the i129F is a pre-qualification that grants permission that we are suitable to apply the Visa. The DS160 is the actual visa application. The information is almost identical on the original petition i129F as the DS160.

It just confuses me as to what it is that they are even sending? I have the approval of the petition NOA2, the DS160 is the same content and the proof of relationship is recommended to be brought to the interview anyways. 

I wish they could let me know what is taking so long to send it.

The I-129F primarily deals with the petitioner, and is their form. The DS-160 is the beneficiary's form. Plus, they certainly aren't entirely the same, and things change from filing to to visa application. The packet that the embassy receives is not only the approved I-129F, but also all the supporting evidence along with any notes. At least from a process flow, an approved I-129F is a requirement for them to issue the visa.

Many embassies do not let you schedule the interview so early. However, you are not supposed to schedule an interview until you have met all the requirements to do so, as outlined in packet 3. It was premature to submit the DS-160 and schedule the interview prior to them receiving the file. Anyway, that's in the past now. You may need to reschedule the interview if the file won't be received by then. As to what it holding up your case at NVC, that's really just speculation. Maybe a document was missing or got lost, maybe they noticed an issue when putting it through their system, etc.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Yes I understand what they require and that we still need to be reviewed to receive a Visa. I just didn't understand the content of what was being sent from NVC

All of the requirements of every packet have been completed on our part from our own research. We have completed medical, police cert, non-impediment, i134 affadavit of support with additional sponsors just to be certain, proof of income, DS160, Photos, tickets, (I have been here for almost 6 months with him). It is what exactly NVC has whether to reschedule that I'm determining now.

Thank you for your help.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The I-129F primarily deals with the petitioner, and is their form. The DS-160 is the beneficiary's form. Plus, they certainly aren't entirely the same, and things change from filing to to visa application. The packet that the embassy receives is not only the approved I-129F, but also all the supporting evidence along with any notes. At least from a process flow, an approved I-129F is a requirement for them to issue the visa.

Many embassies do not let you schedule the interview so early. However, you are not supposed to schedule an interview until you have met all the requirements to do so, as outlined in packet 3. It was premature to submit the DS-160 and schedule the interview prior to them receiving the file. Anyway, that's in the past now. You may need to reschedule the interview if the file won't be received by then. As to what it holding up your case at NVC, that's really just speculation. Maybe a document was missing or got lost, maybe they noticed an issue when putting it through their system, etc.

I have actually completed every requirement that is in Packet 3 without receiving anything. Medical/police/nonimpediment/affadavit of support/ photos/ passport/ birth certificate/ photo evidence/ ticket evidence (I've been here almost 6 months) etc. We have done everything. The NVC is the only hold up and everyone's response seems to say that I need to just keep pushing back my date until they send my file along. 

Thank you.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Did u email JA Embassy as outlined in Packet 3 I sent in earlier post?

Yes I did 5 business days ago and have not received a reply. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.