dekedwin

Our Dream, Our Journey

3 posts in this topic

When I left the USA for the last time January 1st 2014 I never thought that I would miss being there, but now I do. I visited with friends in the Philippines in 2010, Manila and Dumaguete, Negros Oriental, and Amlan. I then came to the Philippines the first of September 2013, and I spent one month here where I live now. I then went back, and spent three months where I am from in Washington State. Then January 1st 2014 I came back here and spent another month here where I live now, and then I traveled to Valencia City, Bukidnon, Mindanao and spent three months. I knew my wife's relatives, and I asked her on facebook if she was related to those people, and she told me that she was, and that was the beginning of our romance that led to our wedding a couple of months later. We have now been married since June 3, 2014. We got acquainted in Manila where she was working, and then we came to Roxas City, got married, and joined her two children and her mother here. We went back to Valencia City, Bukidnon, Mindanao for about a month to pack up my things, and for us to return to where we are now living. Cresencia's mother died of cancer last September, so now both her mother and father are deceased. We build some nice rooms on our house, a large living room, really nice bedroom, and a nice CR right off our bed room. We decided to move to the USA as soon as we are able to. We have paid most of what we owed here, bought a piece of rice land back, so that who ever is here while we are in America can have rice to eat without having to buy it; they can grow it. We want to do a little more work on the house before we leave. We opened a joint bank account in BPI where I get my social security to save pesos for the St. Luke's Extension Center Medical Examinations, and also to help establish our bona fide marriage. I have started filling out Forms, the I-130 and the I-864, and we need to gather our documents, proofs, requirements for our Visas. I will be Petitioning for Cresencia, my wife, and for her eight year old daughter and here 14 year old son. I don't have enough income to qualify so my sister will be the joint sponsor for them. I lost income from one of my rentals, and my tax accountant told me that my income was low enough so that I did not have to file with the IRS, so I have not filed for the last four years. So I will write a letter stating that my income is low enough so that I am not required to file with the IRS at my tax accountant's advice. We have started saving in our peso joint account, and we will need to save dollars also for the visa processing fees and for our trip to the USA. I am opening a banking account in the USA at Wells Fargo. I had one, but due to my daughter's mismanagement it got closed, so now I am opening another account. I had a good credit card that I lost the first year I was here in the Philippines because they wanted me to call them during their business hours, and that is in the middle of the night here, so I just let the credit card go and paid it off, so now I am needing to get another credit card when I am able to do that.  I will have to renew my driver's license when I get back to the USA because they would not allow me to renew it online because I was 70 years old when it was time to renew, and if you are past 70 years old you have to go the the driver's license office to renew your driver's license. So the next step for us is gathering documents, evidence, and saving money for the process. We will fly from here to Manila to file our Petitions, and that way we can get feedback from them if everything is completed in an acceptable manner. Then we will be waiting for approval and that Manila Case Number so that we can complete the DS 260, go for the medical exams, apply for the Visa,, go for the interview, get that CFO sticker, and be ready to fly to the USA to begin our new lives there. We are excited, and my sister has offered to be the joint sponsor, and she has invited us to stay with her. She has a huge house and about 5 acres and she is alone, and she is excited to have us come, and we are very happy also that she is helping us so much and that she wants us to come. We will all have a wonderful time/life I know.  

Sounds like you have everything planned. I'm sure it will be lovely with your sister. What is your question?

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

Sounds like you have everything planned. I'm sure it will be lovely with your sister. What is your question?

No question for now, just some of my story. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.