Amica Nostra

GOP senator: White House in ‘downward spiral’

154 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fourth, it really matters why Trump disclosed this information to Russian visitors. The story is vague on this point. But the question of why Trump acted as he did will matter a great deal to how the political system absorbs this news. The implication of the Poststory is that Trump acted impulsively and in a boasting kind of way. If that’s right, the matter is egregiously bad.

But there are important questions on which Congress and the public will need clarity before deciding how to act. Did the disclosure serve a national security purpose, even in Trump’s mind? That is, if the President made a strategic judgment to release certain information in exchange for some anticipated gain, even if that judgment is wildly wrong, that is potentially less bad that if this is merely an example of loose lips sinking other countries’ ships–and our own country’s intelligence relationships. In other words, what Trump thought he was doing might well inflect whether we should see this as an act of carelessness, an act of carelessness bordering on treachery, or an act of judgment (even if misjudgment) of the sort we elect presidents to make.

Fifth, this may well be a violation of the President’s oath of office. Questions of criminality aside, we turn to the far more significant issues: If the President gave this information away through carelessness or neglect, he has arguably breached his oath of office. As Quinta and Ben have elaborated on in some detail, in taking the oath President Trump swore to “faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States” and to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” to the best of his ability. It’s very hard to argue that carelessly giving away highly sensitive material to an adversary foreign power constitutes a faithful execution of the office of President.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/bombshell-initial-thoughts-washington-posts-game-changing-story

Edited by Jacque67

22 minutes ago, IAMX said:

"Literally hiding in their offices"

"Literally hiding in the bushes"

I can only wonder how leftist media will manage to keep readers post-Trump. :rofl:

Hiding in the bushes. Do people actually read junk like that and not recognize it's fake news. Who wrote that Dan Rather ? The Godfather of fake news 

I see the The Five crew on Fox News are trying their hardest to explain this away. It could be this, it could be that, trying their very best to absolve Trump of all blame on this.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

From the link I provided (lawfare blog) -the lede is in the final part:

Finally, Trump’s alleged screw-up with the Russians reveals yet again what we have learned many times in the last four months: The successful operation of our government assumes a minimally competent Chief Executive that we now lack. Everyone else in the Executive Branch can be disciplined or fired or worse when they screw up by, say, revealing classified information or lying about some important public policy issue. But the President cannot be fired; we are stuck with him for 3-1/2 more years unless he is impeached, which remains a long-shot.

The Post reports:

“It is all kind of shocking,” said a former senior U.S. official who is close to current administration officials. “Trump seems to be very reckless and doesn’t grasp the gravity of the things he’s dealing with, especially when it comes to intelligence and national security.”

Bottom line: It matters who we have running the most powerful institution in the world.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/bombshell-initial-thoughts-washington-posts-game-changing-story

Edited by Jacque67

The Silver lining in all this us liberal media and the MDL now care about clasified info. I guess the ruskies can't just get it off Hillays server anymore.

Btw I I hate to be a buzz kill for the MDL,  but the President sharing some Intel with an foreign country. Locked in a struggle with a common enemy is hardly unprecedented or really rare. I know right, just when people in the bushes had you almost at the peak of your buzz.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

The Silver lining in all this us liberal media and the MDL now care about clasified info. I guess the ruskies can't just get it off Hillays server anymore.

Btw I I hate to be a buzz kill for the MDL,  but the President sharing some Intel with an foreign country. Locked in a struggle with a common enemy is hardly unprecedented or really rare. I know right, just when people in the bushes had you almost at the peak of your buzz.

I guess I'll ruin that silver lining.. ;)

The left cared about spying on Americans when Bush was doing it. 

Then Obama signs the revised FISA bill giving retroactive immunity to the telcos and keeping the policy of spying and secrecy, and nothing.

It's clear the outrage only happens when it's someone they don't want in office. The media have double triple quadrupled down on making something out of everything Trump does -- they see that they are becoming obsolete, and this sells. That's why the left are so rabid to come to political discussions and show every leftist media story as if Trump is one step away from impeachment. (<- who can forget that they were crying impeachment before Trump was even inaugurated) 

Edited by IAMX

Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html

Jared Kushner...signaled to people outside the White House that he was not closely involved.

oh Jared...way too soon.

Timeline

Watters on state media watch, Fox

"If you're a disloyal person, you go to @washingtonpost. If you are loyal you take it to your superior"

watters now discussing N Korea talking pts...they'll love you there Watters (provided they haven't seen your Chinatown tape)!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

What is the part that is not the silver lining?

Edited by ccneat

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, IAMX said:

"Literally hiding in their offices"

"Literally hiding in the bushes"

I can only wonder how leftist media will manage to keep readers post-Trump. :rofl:

Truth is stranger than fiction...and ratings for print and TV will drop when they don't  have Trump to kick around.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ccneat said:

Truth is stranger than fiction...and ratings for print and TV will drop when they don't  have Trump to kick around.

There will always be SNL. I'm sure they have enough Trump material to last them for a lifetime of sketches.

5 hours ago, ccneat said:

I am just quoting a standing US Senator of the presidents party.  We don't know what intel he has but the man is not a fool. 

Just because two people are from the same party doesn't automatically mean they like or support each other. This is not a simple matter of all Republicans support Trump and all Democrats oppose him. I would argue it is establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans verses Trump and anyone else (Republican, Democrat or independent) who supports him. Politics are not black and white but unfortunately many view it that way. It is true we don't know what intel the Senator has but it is also true that we don't know if he even has any intel related to this. If this is anything like the Russia election conspiracy theory then this is nothing more than a bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

5 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

Trump is doing a grand job of Impeaching himself.

The left keeps crying impeachment but they cant provide a shred of evidence that would justify impeachment. Trump won the election. He is the president now. Get over it already. You are not going to circumvent the results of an election with some phony impeachment.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
5 hours ago, CaliCat said:

There will always be SNL. I'm sure they have enough Trump material to last them for a lifetime of sketches.

Best of Belushi, Best of Eddie Murphy, Best of....Trump 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg