Natalie_Bart

Processing times after RFE submittal

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

It took my petition exactly 30 days from the USCIS to the NVC and it was in the Netherlands within a week, which was in the month May. Had my interview in July. Looking at the timelines from USCIS to Interview approval for Dutchies, it's still around 6 months total. 

When did you apply for adjustment of status? What about a permit to work in the US? Do you wait until you're married, or can we start that paperwork once the visa is issued after the consulate interview? So many steps!

13 minutes ago, Natalie_Bart said:

When did you apply for adjustment of status? What about a permit to work in the US? Do you wait until you're married, or can we start that paperwork once the visa is issued after the consulate interview? So many steps!

I applied for adjustment of status after getting married. Your fiance will use the K-1 visa to enter the US, get him a social security number the following week or same week (always easy to already have so he can get a bank account easier and health care  ) and get married. File AOS once you have the marriage certificate. You can file for I-765 and I-131 together in the I-485 package, it's free. It'll be approved within 90-120 days. Make sure he doesn't leave the country until he obtains either the EAD or green card.

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

I applied for adjustment of status after getting married. Your fiance will use the K-1 visa to enter the US, get him a social security number the following week or same week (always easy to already have so he can get his ) and get married. File AOS once you have the marriage certificate. You can file for I-765 and I-131 together in the I-485 package, it's free. It'll be approved within 90-120 days.

Thanks. So Adjustment of Status and the work permit applications are filed together after the marriage then?

42 minutes ago, Natalie_Bart said:

Thanks. So Adjustment of Status and the work permit applications are filed together after the marriage then?

Correct. The original I-765 and I-131 fees are waived when filed together with adjustment of status. So you'll just send a payment of $1225 (incl biometrics fee) with the I-485 and that's it. It's always filed after marriage because you are doing adjustment of status based on marriage to a USC. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Natalie_Bart said:

I received my approval from USCIS today via the mail. I didn't get a text this time. 

I called them the other day because even though I've already received the NOA2, the website still only said RFE received. And I told them that I haven only received one text and email when lockbox received my application. They told me don't worry about the website update, go by what I received in the mail. And then they told me that you only receive the test / email when lockbox receives your applcation. The intention of the for G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance is only to give you confirmation they've received your application. Not to expect a text/email with status updates along the way after they receive the application. I misunderstood its purpose. But that's what the firm says, now that I've read it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, cbj said:

I called them the other day because even though I've already received the NOA2, the website still only said RFE received. And I told them that I haven only received one text and email when lockbox received my application. They told me don't worry about the website update, go by what I received in the mail. And then they told me that you only receive the test / email when lockbox receives your applcation. The intention of the for G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance is only to give you confirmation they've received your application. Not to expect a text/email with status updates along the way after they receive the application. I misunderstood its purpose. But that's what the firm says, now that I've read it.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, cbj said:

That makes sense. I was surprised to see the approval letter in the mail today because the website status still hasn't been updated since they received my RFE response on 5/15. But happy nonetheless so I'm not asking more questions! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who has received their NOA2s after submitting their RFE responses. CSC received my RFE response on 06/02. Today makes 1 week. Still waiting. It's motivating to see NOA2s averaging two weeks from this thread. I'm hoping mine will take the same. On my RFE they requested primary evidence for meeting in person within the past two years, such as passport stamps, etc. Initially I submitted hotel receipts, rental car reservation, itineraries, and pictures, but it was all secondary evidence. I keep checking my email for possible case updates but seems as if the online case status tracker, email, and text notifications are not really reliable when it comes to NOA2 part since a lot of people have mentioned receiving the actual mail without any updates to their cases online or any notifications. What a year it has been. One thing for sure is I'm going to need a beer when I get my hands on that NOA2 someday!

Edited by Scofield

Timeline
4 hours ago, Emmz said:

still waiting for noa2, rfe response received may 23  uscis is so sloww processing noa2, any idea wen we wil

My RFE response was received on June 2 and I'm hoping for NOA2 by June 18. Hope you receive yours any day now. My heart sinks every time I check email to find no updates. Let us know when you receive it.

Edited by Scofield
Thought of something else

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Scofield said:

Congrats to everyone who has received their NOA2s after submitting their RFE responses. CSC received my RFE response on 06/02. Today makes 1 week. Still waiting. It's motivating to see NOA2s averaging two weeks from this thread. I'm hoping mine will take the same. On my RFE they requested primary evidence for meeting in person within the past two years, such as passport stamps, etc. Initially I submitted hotel receipts, rental car reservation, itineraries, and pictures, but it was all secondary evidence. I keep checking my email for possible case updates but seems as if the online case status tracker, email, and text notifications are not really reliable when it comes to NOA2 part since a lot of people have mentioned receiving the actual mail without any updates to their cases online or any notifications. What a year it has been. One thing for sure is I'm going to need a beer when I get my hands on that NOA2 someday!

My RFE response was also received June 2nd. I'll keep you updated if I get anything soon I know it's helpful having some sort of an idea. 

My RFE was also the same as yours! I'm hoping we can get approvals soon! It's been a long wait! When was your NOA1? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Scofield said:

My RFE response was received on June 2 and I'm hoping for NOA2 by June 18. Hope you receive yours any day now. My heart sinks every time I check email to find no updates. Let us know when you receive it.

yes i agree hope we can have noa2 this week 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Antonia & Dian said:

My RFE response was also received June 2nd. I'll keep you updated if I get anything soon I know it's helpful having some sort of an idea. 

My RFE was also the same as yours! I'm hoping we can get approvals soon! It's been a long wait! When was your NOA1? 

3 hours ago, Antonia & Dian said:

Yes I agree that it helps to have some kind of an idea. What a coincidence we have the same RFE and response date! My NOA1 is Feb 8. I'll also let you know if I get any update. Best wishes

Timeline
On 6/9/2017 at 11:05 PM, Scofield said:

The timeline between when I sent my RFE back to USCIS and my NOA2 approval was 8 days. I was approved on May 23. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Natalie_Bart said:

The timeline between when I sent my RFE back to USCIS and my NOA2 approval was 8 days. I was approved on May 23. 

Thank you Natalie! It's very comforting to know you were approved in 8 days 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.