weakheart

stuck in inline for an interview?n400

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, ruby_2 said:

I disagree on this to some extent .  Here is a case :  http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=161855&_fromLogin=1   February filer, already approved (same field office assigned with mine), while I on the other hand January filer still no interview letter what a joke.

Ruby_2, this helps to illustrate perfectly what I've been saying: EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT. The link that you provided above is for a 2017 February filer, just like you are a January filer.
Here's the kicker, We are 2016 December filers, and are still in line for an interview! In fact, in our 2016 December filers group there are 79 applicants, and only 19 have received a interview date, and only 6 have passed the oath.

So, Yes, you guys are better off than many of us do. Please relax, you're going faster than most of us.

Edited by Ramsep

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

So you observed one case (your friend's) getting interview scheduled soon after submitting a request and another one (your wife's) that has yet to be scheduled?

may be the one who got interview her case was already placed into - Interview has been scheduled- before she sent the request, 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

So you observed one case (your friend's) getting interview scheduled soon after submitting a request and another one (your wife's) that has yet to be scheduled?

Correct.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, elisar said:

may be the one who got interview her case was already placed into - Interview has been scheduled- before she sent the request, 

could be. but he is not the only one mentioning this. I believe a user (coockiecat?) also mentioned getting an interview scheduled after filing an e-request.

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

could be. but he is not the only one mentioning this. I believe a user (coockiecat?) also mentioned getting an interview scheduled after filing an e-request.

We're talking about the same person. I just wanted to respect her privacy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, CookieCat said:

I think @Ramsep and others are talking about my case. I had actually written about this in the other "N-400 filers stuck in background checks" thread but it must have been buried under other posts so I'll paste here. This is what I did:

On the day I reached the 90-day mark since being placed in line, I filed an e-request here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

I filed under "Did not receive notice by mail". Further down it asks to provide last action on your case for which I wrote that my last case status update was on 02/03/17 and the status said USCIS will send an interview notice but I never received any notice so far. I don't know if that contributed or not but my status changed to 'interview scheduled' on the third business day since I placed the above e-request. 

I followed the above steps based on the advice by another fellow VJ member who also believes this method may have brought him success.

I obviously cannot vouch that this method will work but I think it's worth the try for anyone who has been in line for months. I preferred this method over InfoPass because it saves a trip driving to the field office and a lot better than calling customer service, which is often clueless and not handled by immigration officers.

Hope this helps for people to get a perspective on what I did. By the way, as @Ramsep mentioned 100% correctly in one of his posts above, nobody is guaranteeing that filing an e-request will help. However it seemed to have helped JimmyHou and myself. The only one common thing between the two of us was that we waited 3 months to file the e-request. Otherwise everything else is different, he was filing under 5 years, I under 3, different field offices, different citizenships etc.

I know couple other people in our December thread have also recently filed an e-request but no one has reported anything back yet.

No, I checked my case status just before filing the e-request and my status was still showing as in line for interview. I had been checking my case status everyday multiple times. Good luck to you and everyone else!

Thank you for the information, Good luck to you in your interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, CookieCat said:

I think @Ramsep and others are talking about my case. I had actually written about this in the other "N-400 filers stuck in background checks" thread but it must have been buried under other posts so I'll paste here. This is what I did:

On the day I reached the 90-day mark since being placed in line, I filed an e-request here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

I filed under "Did not receive notice by mail". Further down it asks to provide last action on your case for which I wrote that my last case status update was on 02/03/17 and the status said USCIS will send an interview notice but I never received any notice so far. I don't know if that contributed or not but my status changed to 'interview scheduled' on the third business day since I placed the above e-request. 

I followed the above steps based on the advice by another fellow VJ member who also believes this method may have brought him success.

I obviously cannot vouch that this method will work but I think it's worth the try for anyone who has been in line for months. I preferred this method over InfoPass because it saves a trip driving to the field office and a lot better than calling customer service, which is often clueless and not handled by immigration officers.

Hope this helps for people to get a perspective on what I did. By the way, as @Ramsep mentioned 100% correctly in one of his posts above, nobody is guaranteeing that filing an e-request will help. However it seemed to have helped JimmyHou and myself. The only one common thing between the two of us was that we waited 3 months to file the e-request. Otherwise everything else is different, he was filing under 5 years, I under 3, different field offices, different citizenships etc.

I know couple other people in our December thread have also recently filed an e-request but no one has reported anything back yet.

No, I checked my case status just before filing the e-request and my status was still showing as in line for interview. I had been checking my case status everyday multiple times. Good luck to you and everyone else!

Hmm, I didn't want to contact uscis, but it is something to think about now

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

USCIS received my application on September 23rd 2016 and I got biometrics done on the 19th of October 2016. My status 'You have been scheduled for biometrics' hasn't changed since then. My filed office is Dallas. I have seen other people who applied after me getting through the whole process. Not sure what's taking so long.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

There are some of us, however, that just cannot get moving, this is a quick overview of my wife's case.

* PD: 12/16/2016. FO Dallas
* FP: 01/17/2017
* Inline for interview: 02/01 (30 days before the GC 3-years mark) . . . .Then wait, and wait and wait until . . .
* E-request filed: 05/12: "You should receive an answer by 06/03". As of yesterday, the USCIS page showed that this service request "has not been assigned".
* Called the 800# yesterday 06/27, was told by the lady that she couldn't discuss anything with me if applicant (my wife) was not present for the call, but she said that after being in line since Feb 01 she should be moved to next step.
* Called the 800# again today 06/28 with my wife. We were told that by another young lady that she was filing a new service request and we should receive an answer in 2 weeks. She also suggested that we file an Infopass.

Well, I tried to file an Infopass, but the Dallas FO has (and hasn't had for at least 2 months that I personally know of) "No appointment dates available for the next two weeks".
I went back to the USCIS case update page, and it now shows that the original e-Request has been deleted, and the new one (today's) has "not been assigned".

Of course we could try to contact our senators, or representatives, or the ombudsman. But I know that in some cases, the more you push, the more it stalls. And we all need to calm down and resist desperation. 

So let's try to stay positive and HOPE that she can get her interview appointment soon (my stepson turns 18 in October, and we wish that he can derive citizenship from her while still a minor). The only good thing is that Dallas FO has Judiciary Oath ceremonies, where she can get a name change at the same time (she wants to drop her first- and retain only the middle name).

Hope, that's the operating word here.
Blessings to all of you.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

I wish everyone patience. Do not "estimate" the timelines and do not make any other plans dependent on those estimations. I cancelled all travel, etc. I am technically not "waiting" anymore, just have a pending application. It is helping me to better handle this long journey.

Edited by MyJourney

Relax, this is not a race.

Hi I did my biometric since 04/18/17 my case still shows that finger print was scheduled ...i have not even gone inline yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.