weakheart

stuck in inline for an interview?n400

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's because your local filed office is slow or backed up. My husband applied for naturalization in the very end of November and he had his interview back in February but he had to wait 2 months to be sworn in because our field office only holds the oath ceremony every other month. He was sworn in April 26. In other words, every field office is different.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, DGTB said:

According to their official description, the bulk of the background check on an applicant seems to be done before getting into the inline for interview stage, however it does say :

How I would interpret the above would be that while the case load at the field office may not completely determine when your number comes up, as there may be other factors that could cause the delay, for most applicants, the case load would be the primary factor. I have no idea what those reasons other than the caseload that could cause a delay maybe, and I would be cautious of accepting any other interpretations at face value, unless of course it is from an employee, just my two cents.

DISCLAIMER: I have only been inline for 1.5 months and my opinion may change as I wait longer and paranoia sets in :)

Where you got this quote from my friend?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 minute ago, weakheart said:

I found it on google, but it has .gov address , so it's official

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus/BucketDescriptions.do

Timeline
23 hours ago, cdneh said:

I'm going on 6 months in line. In checking threads from other months, before and after mine, I cannot see anyone, with one exception, at my field office, who has a date scheduled. That leads me to believe that my office is slow.

I expect that we will continue to wait.

Ugggg, I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason to immigration, no matter where in the journey you may be. :protest: I hope you hear soon. 

1 minute ago, mimolicious said:

Ugggg, I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason to immigration, no matter where in the journey you may be. :protest: I hope you hear soon. 

Thank you :) I've been slow at every part of the process, so it seems, at least for me, that's the norm. One day they will get round to me!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Thank you :) I've been slow at every part of the process, so it seems, at least for me, that's the norm. One day they will get round to me!

I think the one thing most of us have learned from immigration, is patience. I was very impatient until my husband arrived in the US but during removing conditions and then naturalization we were very laid back, we never checked the status during either process. I guess we just figured it would happen when it would happen. Please update us when you get in line for your interview. :wub:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everybody:

On the same day that your case has been stuck in the "Inline for an interview" status for 90 days, go to this link and file an e-Request.
https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do
That's what I did based on another applicant's post here in Visajourney, and within 3 days she got an interview notice, and three days later she received the actual appointment letter in the mail. Please note that I am not saying that you will get one, as I still have not seen that in my wife's case, but as soon as we filed her e-Request last Friday (today is Monday), almost immediately we had an email reply back saying that they'll review her application, and they'll provide an answer within 3 weeks, so this is worth a try, as a minimum, somebody will look at your file.
Once you get to that page, you'll have 4 options (we used the second one "Did not received notice by mail"). Choose the tab N-400 and go though the questions, then hit Send.
Now, some people have reported not being able to complete the e-Request due to a "processing error". If that ends up being your case, try using a different browser and/or computers. Just keep trying until you can get thru.

Good Luck!

Edited by Ramsep

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ramsep said:

Hi Everybody:

On the same day that your case has been stuck in the "Inline for an interview" status for 90 days, go to this link and file an e-Request.
That's what I did based on another applicant's post here in Visajourney, and within 3 days she got an interview notice, and three days later she received the actual appointment letter in the mail. Please note that I am not saying that you will get one, as I still have not seen that in my wife's case, but as soon as we filed her e-Request last Friday (today is Monday), almost immediately we had an email reply back saying that they'll review her application, and they'll provide an answer within 3 weeks, so this is worth a try, as a minimum, somebody will look at your file.
Once you get to that page, you'll have 4 options (we used the second one "Did not received notice by mail"). Choose the tab N-400 and go though the questions, then hit Send.
Now, some people have reported not being able to complete the e-Request due to a "processing error". If that ends up being your case, try using a different browser and/or computers. Just keep trying until you can get thru.

Good Luck!

Thanks, That means if the status do not change for 90 days after being "inline for interview" i can send e request? is this true? i have seen one person in visa journey filled for e request and used didn't received notice but i thought his status changed to interview scheduled before he sent the request,  i think  if they are still working in the case they cant just schedule an interview because of the request,  

is there anything official that says after 90 days we can do something?

18 hours ago, mimolicious said:

It's because your local filed office is slow or backed up. My husband applied for naturalization in the very end of November and he had his interview back in February but he had to wait 2 months to be sworn in because our field office only holds the oath ceremony every other month. He was sworn in April 26. In other words, every field office is different.

I disagree on this to some extent .  Here is a case :  http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=161855&_fromLogin=1   February filer, already approved (same field office assigned with mine), while I on the other hand January filer still no interview letter what a joke.

18 hours ago, weakheart said:

Weakheart, since you have been waiting so long after the  "inline" status if I were you submit a case status inquiry tell them you know some people got approval already Feb/March filers.  This would really stuck on their conscience. I do believe this has something to do in the NBC office processing where all the N400 paperworks is significantly processed before it is forwarded to FO for interview. I don't think this has something to do in FO issue.

Edited by ruby7

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, elisar said:

Thanks, That means if the status do not change for 90 days after being "inline for interview" i can send e request? is this true? i have seen one person in visa journey filled for e request and used didn't received notice but i thought his status changed to interview scheduled before he sent the request,  i think  if they are still working in the case they cant just schedule an interview because of the request,  

is there anything official that says after 90 days we can do something?

I don't know if there's anything official, but 90 days after being placed 'inline for an interview'  is a reasonable amount of time for them to process any case. If you send the request prior to the 90 days mark, they can easily argue that they're still within their "normal limits".
Their reply was: we'll give you an answer on your request on June 3rd, which in our case amounts to 3 weeks (same as the other lady that I got the idea from), and I'll consider 3 weeks a "reasonable amount of time" as well.

That lady got an interview appointment within 3 days. Whether it was because of her e-Request, or because she actually got scheduled as part of the normal processing, we don't know.
In the end, you can wait or you can file an e-Request. It's up to every individual to decide what to do.

Now, Everybody: Please keep in mind that EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT, even if 2 people filed their case with the same office and on the same day, there's nothing forcing them to process those 2 cases at the same time. Waiting is hard, I know, that's why we filed the e-Request on my wife's case.
But we don't really have any saying on what they'll do. You only have two choices: wait in despair, or file an e-Request.

Good Luck!

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 5/15/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ramsep said:

Hi Everybody:

Good Luck!

What type of request did you file? "Case outside normal processing time"?

Relax, this is not a race.

Timeline
Just now, MyJourney said:

What type of request did you file? "Case outside normal processing time"?

No. We used "Did not received notification in the mail", because we wanted them to actually pull our file and look into it. There are 4 choices, just pick the one that you feel more comfortable with.

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ramsep said:

No. We used "Did not received notification in the mail", because we wanted them to actually pull our file and look into it. There are 4 choices, just pick the one that you feel more comfortable with.

So you observed one case (your friend's) getting interview scheduled soon after submitting a request and another one (your wife's) that has yet to be scheduled?

Edited by MyJourney

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ramsep said:

I don't know if there's anything official, but 90 days after being placed 'inline for an interview'  is a reasonable amount of time for them to process any case. If you send the request prior to the 90 days mark, they can easily argue that they're still within their "normal limits".
Their reply was: we'll give you an answer on your request on June 3rd, which in our case amounts to 3 weeks (same as the other lady that I got the idea from), and I'll consider 3 weeks a "reasonable amount of time" as well.

That lady got an interview appointment within 3 days. Whether it was because of her e-Request, or because she actually got scheduled as part of the normal processing, we don't know.
In the end, you can wait or you can file an e-Request. It's up to every individual to decide what to do.

Now, Everybody: Please keep in mind that EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT, even if 2 people filed their case with the same office and on the same day, there's nothing forcing them to process those 2 cases at the same time. Waiting is hard, I know, that's why we filed the e-Request on my wife's case.
But we don't really have any saying on what they'll do. You only have two choices: wait in despair, or file an e-Request.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your answer, i still have to wait 2 weeks if i want to file e request, yes,  sure every case is different

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.