Gw67

Djibouti Yemen Cases Administrative Processing

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, ahmed alin said:

Also, brother can you share with us, how the interview process went? the type of questiosn? and what kind document they needed? thanks 

Also, show proof of your relationship. Wedding pictures, recent pictures, screenshot chats and pictures, gift receipts, airline tickets if you traveled to visit each other, children's birth certificate, and anything recent would be good. The most important are the marriage certificate, wedding pictures, birth certificates of kids, and anything else you easily have would be good too. 

53 minutes ago, daml20 said:

Also, show proof of your relationship. Wedding pictures, recent pictures, screenshot chats and pictures, gift receipts, airline tickets if you traveled to visit each other, children's birth certificate, and anything recent would be good. The most important are the marriage certificate, wedding pictures, birth certificates of kids, and anything else you easily have would be good too. 

Thank brother, I have those documents ready. I have interview scheduled on aug. 15, and reading this blog def. help. Do you also know how long do the medical check up take and if they will directly send to the embassy or the applicant need to take to embassy? thanks 

1 hour ago, daml20 said:

Hello,

‎الحمدلله 
My husband did receive his visa. Jazakum Allahu Khair. ان شاء الله your wife will get hers soon and your case succeeds. The interveiw process was fine. The questions were mostly where he will live and about us, wife and kids. He told them the name of the state and even the city. Just how long we have been apart and did he miss us. The person was nice and open. I've heard women get theirs fast especially if there's a family. The shortest I've heard is the same day and a week, but it may take longer. I would say be honest and just relax. 

Follow your NVC appointment letter for documents needed:

I copied this off of mine.

Use the list below to determine the items that every applicant must bring to the immigrant visa interview. Most embassies require English translations of documents if they are not in the official language of the country where you will interview:

•  A copy of this appointment letter.

•  Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry to the U.S. and a photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).

•  Two (2) color photographs sized 5 cm x 5 cm (2 inch x 2 inch) of each person applying for a visa. Please see photo requirements at go.usa.gov/3MmwB.

•  Confirmation page from the DS-260 Application for an Immigrant Visa submitted online at ceac.state.gov.

•  Your original birth certificate and a photocopy.

•  Medical examination results in a sealed envelope (if the physician gives you these results).
    Applicants who fall into any category listed in italics below should bring these additional documents:

•  For family-based visa applications:

•  The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of

the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

•  Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the U.S. (photocopy of a U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card).

•  Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs and letters). 

•    If

•  If

you are married: Your original marriage certificate and a photocopy.
you were previously married: Your original divorce or spouse’s death certificate and a photocopy. you are older than 16 years of age: The original police certificate from your country of current

If
residence and countries of previous residence. If these three items are all true, you must bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

•  He or she is older than 16 years;

•  He or she obtained a police certificate and submitted it to NVC more than one year ago; and

•  He or she still lives in the country that issued the police certificate.

•  For employment-based visa applications: Letter from your U.S. employer dated less than 1 month ago.

•  If you have ever been convicted of a crime: Court / criminal records and a photocopy.

•  If you have served in any country’s military: Military records and photocopy.

•  If you are adopted: Adoption papers or custody documents and a photocopy.

•  If you are the petitioner’s stepchild: The original marriage certificate of the petitioner and your biological parent, English translation and a photocopy.

Basically, just have all your original documents and have photocopies of all of them. If you have kids, get their birth certificates. Remember your recent income tax return and photocopy proof of your U.S. citizenship.

Take your medical examination as soon as you get there. 

One thing about the DS-260 confirmation page. Don't forget to get the Djibouti one. We got the Sanaa one and really needed the one with the Djibouti case number.

I hope everything goes well. 

Thank you so much, jazakum bkheer. this is definitely helpful. is it true about checking facebook or email address? i heard some embassy started asking your facebook passport"? also, do they asked for expired passport if any, ?thanks 

50 minutes ago, ahmed alin said:

Thank brother, I have those documents ready. I have interview scheduled on aug. 15, and reading this blog def. help. Do you also know how long do the medical check up take and if they will directly send to the embassy or the applicant need to take to embassy? thanks 

You are welcome. The medical check up doesn't take long, but the waiting time is long and it's very crowded. They send the medical check up information with a CD disc to the embassy. The doctor's office will send it directly to the embassy. Djibouti is actually a small country, so the embassy is close by. I would say don't worry about anything else and just make sure to bring all documents and arrive to Djibouti a week more before your interview date, so you can complete the medical exam and arrive to your interview date.

Remember the passport photos for the interview and medical exam. 

Here's more information about the medical exam, the cost, and what to bring:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/DJI - Djibouti.pdf

1 hour ago, ahmed alin said:

Thank you so much, jazakum bkheer. this is definitely helpful. is it true about checking facebook or email address? i heard some embassy started asking your facebook passport"? also, do they asked for expired passport if any, ?thanks 

No problem. I am not sure about the Facebook or email adress. I never heard of that. But I did hear back before the war that they check your Facebook name and age online. They do background checks but maybe it's more for the person being interviewed. I've never heard of them asking for Facebook password or expired passport. If you don't have anything suspicious, then don't worry. I am not sure about the Facebook stuff. But I wouldn't worry about that. I don't think they will ask for expired passport. 

Just make sure all your documents are updated and not expired.

Only focus on bringing all the documents and attending the interview. All they ask for is the required documents in the National Visa Center appointment letter you received through the email. That's all that matters.

On 7/11/2017 at 1:42 PM, daml20 said:

You are welcome. The medical check up doesn't take long, but the waiting time is long and it's very crowded. They send the medical check up information with a CD disc to the embassy. The doctor's office will send it directly to the embassy. Djibouti is actually a small country, so the embassy is close by. I would say don't worry about anything else and just make sure to bring all documents and arrive to Djibouti a week more before your interview date, so you can complete the medical exam and arrive to your interview date.

Remember the passport photos for the interview and medical exam. 

Here's more information about the medical exam, the cost, and what to bring:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/DJI - Djibouti.pdf

Thank you for the valuable information. My interview is set late august, and I'm planning to come to Djibouti next week to do the medical exam, and after that leave djibout and come back few days before the interview. what that work? I emailed the clinic that does the medical exam, and they told me that the U.S embassy required to arrive djbouti at least two weeks before the interview. is that correct? or as long i do the medical exam weeks before the interview, i can come in a day or two before the interview. Thanks again 

2 hours ago, ahmed alin said:

Thank you for the valuable information. My interview is set late august, and I'm planning to come to Djibouti next week to do the medical exam, and after that leave djibout and come back few days before the interview. what that work? I emailed the clinic that does the medical exam, and they told me that the U.S embassy required to arrive djbouti at least two weeks before the interview. is that correct? or as long i do the medical exam weeks before the interview, i can come in a day or two before the interview. Thanks again 

That sounds fine. They say to travel to Djibouti two weeks before the interview to take the medical exam early. It's good to arrive there just in case since it's crowded. As long as you take the medical exam before the interview and attend the interview, everything should be fine. The requirement to arrive two weeks before is just so you can complete the medical exam before the interview date. 

https://dj.usembassy.gov/visas/medical-examination/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 2:56 PM, daml20 said:

That sounds fine. They say to travel to Djibouti two weeks before the interview to take the medical exam early. It's good to arrive there just in case since it's crowded. As long as you take the medical exam before the interview and attend the interview, everything should be fine. The requirement to arrive two weeks before is just so you can complete the medical exam before the interview date. 

https://dj.usembassy.gov/visas/medical-examination/

Hello, my husband did his interview and they told him he has been approved but they didn't take his passport? Is that weird?? 

11 hours ago, 0725 said:

Hello, my husband did his interview and they told him he has been approved but they didn't take his passport? Is that weird?? 

Hello,

Sorry, I don't know why. But it's good he was approved. InshAllah Khair. They'll ask for it whenever they need it and keep contact with him. But if he is approved and you got the website and you are checking online. Everything should be fine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gw67 said:

Hello,

Sorry, I don't know why. But it's good he was approved. InshAllah Khair. They'll ask for it whenever they need it and keep contact with him. But if he is approved and you got the website and you are checking online. Everything should be fine.

Yes, InshaAllah kheir! Thank you 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

@Yaqoub @Amer homran

unfortunately, no one receive anything in anywhere in wholly world! all Yemenis got A.P. or Refused as my application gotten.

they will ask to complete some documents for applying a waiver and there no 100% chance to get it because it takes month & months sometime and many times they will ask for more documents to complete the waiver request what makes it useless form!

Our chance to get it done only by June'2018th otherwise we have to deal with this as reality :)

i wish the peace for Yemen and Yemenis

Edited by A.Rahman Algahazi
edit 'holy' to 'wholly'

On 2/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, A.Rahman Algahazi said:

@Yaqoub @Amer homran

unfortunately, no one receive anything in anywhere in wholly world! all Yemenis got A.P. or Refused as my application gotten.

they will ask to complete some documents for applying a waiver and there no 100% chance to get it because it takes month & months sometime and many times they will ask for more documents to complete the waiver request what makes it useless form!

Our chance to get it done only by June'2018th otherwise we have to deal with this as reality :)

i wish the peace for Yemen and Yemenis

That can't be possible. The waiver clearly says if you have a bona-fide relationship in the US (spouse) you are eligible for the waiver. So why write that and then deny visas? That being said I know personally 2 yemenis who got non-immigrant visas after december 8

I also checked the statistics and I can see one yemeni was issued IR1 visa in January 2018 so I am sure they are issuing visas to yemenis just not like before. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.