Gw67

Djibouti Yemen Cases Administrative Processing

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 5/14/2017 at 8:43 AM, daml20 said:

My spouse had an interview early May. Visa was approved. Now, my spouse is under administrative processing. How long will this take? Anybody heard of Yemenis getting their visa after a month or less in Djibouti since 2017? 

Oh goodness my mum and dad have their interviews at the end of May. I hope they don't have to wait and spend Ramadan in Djibouti, that would suck. Let me know what happens with your spouse and how long it takes. Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, YemenzQt said:

Oh goodness my mum and dad have their interviews at the end of May. I hope they don't have to wait and spend Ramadan in Djibouti, that would suck. Let me know what happens with your spouse and how long it takes. Thanks!

Okay. I hear women get theirs faster as in the same week. But men take longer. I was told a lot of men who have been waiting a month just received their visas. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, daml20 said:

Okay. I hear women get theirs faster as in the same week. But men take longer. I was told a lot of men who have been waiting a month just received their visas. 

Umm are we going to have to play the she's ill card to hurry up the process. Like I understand if its like a guy from 16-50 they need to do additional security check, but when they are an geezer couple like jeez let them go. In Sha Allah khayr!!! I will keep y'all updated.

On May 19, 2017 at 6:30 PM, YemenzQt said:

Umm are we going to have to play the she's ill card to hurry up the process. Like I understand if its like a guy from 16-50 they need to do additional security check, but when they are an geezer couple like jeez let them go. In Sha Allah khayr!!! I will keep y'all updated.

ان شاء الله 

I hear they let families go earlier. ان شاء الله May they let them go early.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/14/2017 at 4:43 PM, daml20 said:

My spouse had an interview early May. Visa was approved. Now, my spouse is under administrative processing. How long will this take? Anybody heard of Yemenis getting their visa after a month or less in Djibouti since 2017? 

Hello,

Has your spouse received their visa? And how long did it take since the interview. I have the same situation with my spouse in Djibouti. She had the interview last week and we are hoping the AP stage goes fast.

Best of luck for all!

8 hours ago, H0p34 said:

Hello,

Has your spouse received their visa? And how long did it take since the interview. I have the same situation with my spouse in Djibouti. She had the interview last week and we are hoping the AP stage goes fast.

Best of luck for all!

Hello,

No, we are still waiting. Men take longer. They are saying women get theirs the same week or after a week. Thanks. Same to you. ان شاء الله She gets hers soon.

Timeline
On 5/19/2017 at 6:30 PM, YemenzQt said:

Did your parents get their visas?

Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 9:58 AM, daml20 said:

Hello,

No, we are still waiting. Men take longer. They are saying women get theirs the same week or after a week. Thanks. Same to you. ان شاء الله She gets hers soon.

How long did you all wait from case complete to interview date being scheduled?

Edited by H93

47 minutes ago, H93 said:

How long did you all wait from case complete to interview date being scheduled?

We waited since Novemeber 2016. But according to the Muslim ban Trump started, appointments weren't given to people in February and March. Everything was stopped.  If wasn't for Trump, then we would've had an interview date in couple of months after November. I got an email about the interview date March 30 that my interview would be in early May. It would be about six months. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, daml20 said:

We waited since Novemeber 2016. But according to the Muslim ban Trump started, appointments weren't given to people in February and March. Everything was stopped.  If wasn't for Trump, then we would've had an interview date in couple of months after November. I got an email about the interview date March 30 that my interview would be in early May. It would be about six months. 

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2017 at 9:43 AM, daml20 said:

Hi, I hope you wife got the visa. I'm in similar situation and I love to if you give us some updates. Thanks 

On 5/18/2017 at 3:45 PM, YemenzQt said:

Hi, im going to similar process and wait game is killing me, any updates for your parent visa?

On 5/14/2017 at 9:43 AM, daml20 said:

Also, brother can you share with us, how the interview process went? the type of questiosn? and what kind document they needed? thanks 

16 hours ago, ahmed alin said:

Also, brother can you share with us, how the interview process went? the type of questiosn? and what kind document they needed? thanks 

Hello,

‎الحمدلله 
My husband did receive his visa. Jazakum Allahu Khair. ان شاء الله your wife will get hers soon and your case succeeds. The interveiw process was fine. The questions were mostly where he will live and about us, wife and kids. He told them the name of the state and even the city. Just how long we have been apart and did he miss us. The person was nice and open. I've heard women get theirs fast especially if there's a family. The shortest I've heard is the same day and a week, but it may take longer. I would say be honest and just relax. 

Follow your NVC appointment letter for documents needed:

I copied this off of mine.

Use the list below to determine the items that every applicant must bring to the immigrant visa interview. Most embassies require English translations of documents if they are not in the official language of the country where you will interview:

•  A copy of this appointment letter.

•  Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry to the U.S. and a photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).

•  Two (2) color photographs sized 5 cm x 5 cm (2 inch x 2 inch) of each person applying for a visa. Please see photo requirements at go.usa.gov/3MmwB.

•  Confirmation page from the DS-260 Application for an Immigrant Visa submitted online at ceac.state.gov.

•  Your original birth certificate and a photocopy.

•  Medical examination results in a sealed envelope (if the physician gives you these results).
    Applicants who fall into any category listed in italics below should bring these additional documents:

•  For family-based visa applications:

•  The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of

the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

•  Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the U.S. (photocopy of a U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card).

•  Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs and letters). 

•    If

•  If

you are married: Your original marriage certificate and a photocopy.
you were previously married: Your original divorce or spouse’s death certificate and a photocopy. you are older than 16 years of age: The original police certificate from your country of current

If
residence and countries of previous residence. If these three items are all true, you must bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

•  He or she is older than 16 years;

•  He or she obtained a police certificate and submitted it to NVC more than one year ago; and

•  He or she still lives in the country that issued the police certificate.

•  For employment-based visa applications: Letter from your U.S. employer dated less than 1 month ago.

•  If you have ever been convicted of a crime: Court / criminal records and a photocopy.

•  If you have served in any country’s military: Military records and photocopy.

•  If you are adopted: Adoption papers or custody documents and a photocopy.

•  If you are the petitioner’s stepchild: The original marriage certificate of the petitioner and your biological parent, English translation and a photocopy.

Basically, just have all your original documents and have photocopies of all of them. If you have kids, get their birth certificates. Remember your recent income tax return and photocopy proof of your U.S. citizenship.

Take your medical examination as soon as you get there. 

One thing about the DS-260 confirmation page. Don't forget to get the Djibouti one. We got the Sanaa one and really needed the one with the Djibouti case number.

I hope everything goes well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.