krizia

Common RFE's for 2017 K1

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 15/05/2017 at 5:48 AM, Lenchique said:

Got our noa2 in about 90 days last week . Expect at least some kind of a longer wait period. No RFE's. Triple checked application and "front loaded" it heavy, organized w cover letter to make it easy for review for the USCIS officer.

I did the same but got an RFE for something others I know didn't even get asked a question about! All depends on who looks at your case 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, Emmz said:

hi guys january 2017 filers here and we got rfe and until now we are still waiting for our NOA2 they received our rfe response may22

What was your rfe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
On June 1, 2017 at 8:20 AM, prish17 said:

I did the same but got an RFE for something others I know didn't even get asked a question about! All depends on who looks at your case 

What was your RFE?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lenchique said:

What was your RFE?

a website - which I fully explained in my 600 word plus statement about (NOT an international marriage broker) being cited as an international marriage broker, which has the sole purpose of fix marriages between US and Non US citzen's.

There have been on many people on here, that I know of, that have had no questions asked on that (although I did detail this and include profiles).

I have now included a letter from the sites legal team.

It's crazy because we are both divorced and UK divorce certificates are usually RFE'd because we don't have signatures. I indluded letters from attorneys etc and highlighted areas to evidence it was all authentic.

I actually did MORE than required but for some reason, on that day the adjudicator decided to RFE for a well known site (explanation already included).

I actually know of someone who got RFE'd on a gaming site AND someone with an RFE on facebook.....it does depend on who looks at your case.

It's very inconsistent.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, prish17 said:

a website - which I fully explained in my 600 word plus statement about (NOT an international marriage broker) being cited as an international marriage broker, which has the sole purpose of fix marriages between US and Non US citzen's.

There have been on many people on here, that I know of, that have had no questions asked on that (although I did detail this and include profiles).

I have now included a letter from the sites legal team.

It's crazy because we are both divorced and UK divorce certificates are usually RFE'd because we don't have signatures. I indluded letters from attorneys etc and highlighted areas to evidence it was all authentic.

I actually did MORE than required but for some reason, on that day the adjudicator decided to RFE for a well known site (explanation already included).

I actually know of someone who got RFE'd on a gaming site AND someone with an RFE on facebook.....it does depend on who looks at your case.

It's very inconsistent.

Exactly. It's okay! It's just one bump on the road to forever

Timeline
34 minutes ago, krizia said:

Exactly. It's okay! It's just one bump on the road to forever

I know....what my point is, sometimes no matter how well prepared you are you can get a RFE!

IE when passport pics get lost, they aren't familiar with your country's papers (even in English),  the adjudicator just wants really random info

• 7 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Repost  from June  page because,i would like to get as much advice as i can.

CONFESSION TIME: I know for a fact this question was asked,but do to my lack of faith at that moment i didnt pay attition.please forgive me.

Question(s): I am recieving a rfe in the mail this week. After being apart of this wonderful VJ family (even tho I feel like the black sheep of the familly) I know for a fact that I forgot to send 

1. Both passport photos

2. Benif,intent letter (fiance)

3.Back of my birth certificate (petitioner)

4.All pages if passport,only sent stamped pages

5.Proof that we were both in DR at same time,concidering he is from Haiti but lives there. 

My question is if i get the rfe and it doesnt ask for everything that is missed,should i only send wht they ask for,or should i send every thing i know i missed as well as what is asked for??? 

Also,if they ask for more pictures,can i send the same ones because i didnt go back to see him a 3rd time and i dont have new pictures? If they ask for another letter of intent to marry in 90 days do i send tge same and update the date,or write a new one? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH 

I'm praying for us all 

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Just got back from a bussiness trip to find a RFE instead of my NAO2... totally bummed and for a bizare reason:

I had a mideeanor arrest back in 2001 involving my then 16 year old daughter and 12 of her friends... long story short all chargees were dropped except for 2  parents whio according to my now 34 year old were the kids that brought booze and weed. Anyway, I did 40 hours community service at our church and paid a fine, it's all been cleared.  So I sent the final court judgement of this with my I-129F but got an RFE for "where is the Pokice report"... ????

Well the arresting agents were Washington County Sheriffs (I know most of them) and so all records are kept by Washington County courts which I provided a Certified copy of,   They do not keep arrest records for misdemeanors in the first place and only hold Felony records for 10 years unless it's a murder.. Jeez, now I'm getting the ebby geebeez just writing this...

So I went back to the Washington County courthouse today and asked for "all" they had on this incodent and got a 24 page certifified copy of it being closed and no other pendings... But it is not a "Police Report" ... ??  What to do???

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 5/31/2017 at 2:02 AM, Emmz said:

hi guys january 2017 filers here and we got rfe and until now we are still waiting for our NOA2 they received our rfe response may22

hi! from what service center was your roc/rfe. how long was the wait until you get NOA2? thanks

34 minutes ago, tiktakz said:

hi! from what service center was your roc/rfe. how long was the wait until you get NOA2? thanks

That person hasn't signed on to VJ since Sept. This thread is a year old so try starting your own thread with a question with a little more of an idea of what your topic/questions are. You'll get better results.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.