Lstanick15

Problems with USCIS processing times?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed that this months processing times update seems a little odd. Every single case status has July 28th 2016 as the last current case being worked on as of December 2016. Is this just a weird coincidence or can it actually be possible that every case at every center and field office is working on a case from that date? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I saw this update Friday. It is extremely odd. I am 100% sure that it's a huge mistake. Every office you select, no matter the type, says July 28 for all applications. I hope we see a fix very soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
Just now, April Mora said:

I saw this update Friday. It is extremely odd. I am 100% sure that it's a huge mistake. Every office you select, no matter the type, says July 28 for all applications. I hope we see a fix very soon.

Agree it's a mistake.

Timeline

I got so excited because the AOS for K-1 visa had jumped from November 2015 to July 2016 so I was thinking I could be approved quicker than anticipated, then the EAD was November 2016 so it has gone back a few months! But after looking it's a clear mistake so I'm back to waiting impatiently! Lol 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

This EAD card takes forever. I have got multiple professional job offer but cant do anything about it.Despite of my expedition effort, USCIS doesnt seems to help me.Oh God, help me with that!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

This EAD card takes forever. I have got multiple professional job offer but cant do anything about it.Despite of my expedition effort, USCIS doesnt seems to help me.Oh God, help me with that!

Last time I checked on USCIS before the website went crazy they were working on Octobers applications, so they should be working on Novembers now. Take a look at processing times on this website, people update their timelines and it's usually a pretty close estimate of when you should be approved.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

We also have similar timelines of when we applied, just a few days apart so we should definitely be hearing something in the next few weeks! 

If you happen to pass the 90 day period of when you applied you can contact USCIS and request information on case status. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon! 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Lstanick15 said:

Last time I checked on USCIS before the website went crazy they were working on Octobers applications, so they should be working on Novembers now. Take a look at processing times on this website, people update their timelines and it's usually a pretty close estimate of when you should be approved.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/eadstats.php

We also have similar timelines of when we applied, just a few days apart so we should definitely be hearing something in the next few weeks! 

If you happen to pass the 90 day period of when you applied you can contact USCIS and request information on case status. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon! 

Hopefully, we will hear from them in following week. Let us know if you hear anything from them.

Good luck to you too

Edited by Charming12

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I rang them on Friday and they confirmed it was an error but it would not be fixed until tomorrow at the earliest.

AOS from K1 Visa

01.20.2011 Posted in AOS, EAD and AP documentation

01.25.2011 Signed for in Chicago

01.31.2011 NOA1s x 3 produced

02.08.2011 NOA1s x 3 hard copies received

02.22.2011 Transferred to CSC

02.28.2011 Biometrics done Fort Worth, Tx

03.18.2011 EAD/AP approved for production

03.24.2011 2 year conditional Green Card approved for production

03.28.2011 EAD/AP card received in the mail

03.29.2011 Welcome to the United States of America letter received in the mail

03.30.2011 Green Card received in the mail.

Removal of Conditions

01.19.2013 Posted I-751 and supporting documentation

01.26.2013 Package delivered to VSC

01.28.2013 NOA1 produced

01.29.2013 Check for filing fee and biometrics cashed

02.02.2013 NOA1 received

02.07.2013 Notice of Biometrics appointment received

02.27.2013 Biometrics done

06.14.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card approved for production

06.19.2013 Congratulations letter received in the mail

06.21.2013 10 year unconditional Green Card received in the mail

Naturalization

07.03.2016 Posted N-400 and supporting documentation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Charming12 said:

Hopefully, we will hear from them in following week. Let us know if you hear anything from them.

Good luck to you too

Such a frustrating wait!! I filed mid-November and even when I called on day 91, I didn't get a real helpful answer.  Just an e-mail that the file "...is under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly." 

We could definitely use a second income before savings is depleted. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Such a frustrating wait!! I filed mid-November and even when I called on day 91, I didn't get a real helpful answer.  Just an e-mail that the file "...is under review.  You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly." 

We could definitely use a second income before savings is depleted. 

Its frustrating and miserable too. I cant even apply for DL in NY state. Its sucks and testing my patience. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Charming12 said:

Its frustrating and miserable too. I cant even apply for DL in NY state. Its sucks and testing my patience. 

You should have been able to apply for a DL.  I received a NY state DL.  It just has a 12-month "temp visitor" restriction, so I just have to go back before that time with something that proves my "status" beyond that date, though not sure if still possible if your i94 is expired.  It's a weird limbo bc even though by definition of the word, you reside in NY, legally, you're not a resident yet.  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

You should have been able to apply for a DL.  I received a NY state DL.  It just has a 12-month "temp visitor" restriction, so I just have to go back before that time with something that proves my "status" beyond that date, though not sure if still possible if your i94 is expired.  It's a weird limbo bc even though by definition of the word, you reside in NY, legally, you're not a resident yet.  

How come you got your DL? I got my learner permit but it expired with I94 date. I made an appointment for road test in February, 2017 but was unable to do it due to I94 expiration date eventhough I showed them receipt for AOS. It sucks here in Albany, NY. Its frustrating and disgusting that I cant do anything about it. My lawyer did a mistake to send documents to National Benefit Centre, they are very slow and I am stuck

Edited by Charming12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the US Immigration News forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves published times of processing.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
9 hours ago, Charming12 said:

How come you got your DL? I got my learner permit but it expired with I94 date. I made an appointment for road test in February, 2017 but was unable to do it due to I94 expiration date eventhough I showed them receipt for AOS. It sucks here in Albany, NY. Its frustrating and disgusting that I cant do anything about it. My lawyer did a mistake to send documents to National Benefit Centre, they are very slow and I am stuck

Hmm.... perhaps maybe it's to do with the learners and road test, as I was not subject to those.  NY has a reciprocation agreement with Canada, so I surrendered my Ontario license and was given a NY state one in return.  No tests (except vision) or anything like that. 

My case is being processed at the NBC as well.  I'm super impatient, and I've been torturing myself by looking at job postings in my field.  There have been some good ones but I don't even bother to apply bc  even if I got an offer, I'm not sure that would speed things up any.  

Hang in there.  We're all in this together and the journey is closer to being over each day that passes :-)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Someone at USCIS made a big boo boo in posting the dates......   Hopefully will be somewhat accurate soon.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.