Jump to content

Info Pass or Wait for the interview?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

I'm already over the 75 days since my PD and I did not get my EAD/AP card yet. My interview was schedule for the end of this month. My question is, I want to visit my country and spend my birthday with my parents, which will be on March. Should I schedule an info pass? I don't know if I do it, since my interview is this month and I might get my GC before my travel. But if I don't get it? I want to buy the flight tickets but I'm afraid of buying it and don't get my AP or GC on time.

Also, I read something about a stamp on your passport, do I need to ask for that?

My PD is Nov 22, 2016.  
My Bio was Jan 9, 2017
My interview Feb 28, 2017

Travel intention Mar 14, 2017

Thank you!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should not make any plans before having the right docs in hand. An approval is not sufficient either. The wait time for the ead/ ap combo card is 90 days, and it could be less or more, so you're still within the expected time frame, it's useless to go for an info pass appointment since there's nothing wrong with your case yet. this is a process, it takes time. Be patient and wait it out, buy the tickets when you have the ead in hand.


If you already have an interview scheduled, consider yourself lucky and prepare for that. If they give you a verbal approval, you can tell them you have plans of traveling and ask for a i551 stamp, but it's given at their discretion. 


If your plans to visit visit your home country were that important, you should've chosen a visa/ immigration path more suited for your situation.

07/09/2018: ROC packet sent with USPS 2-day priority shipping

07/11/2018: ROC packet delivered to the Vermont Service Center

07/16/2018: NOA1 received by mail with 18 months extension (notice date 7/12 and check cashed)

08/07/2018: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail (notice date 7/27)

08/13/2018: Biometrics appointment at east Hartford, ct

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.