23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the Effects of Major Changes forum to the Waivers/AP forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola monki!  I suggest you use the search function here on the 'Visa Journey' website, and type in '2017 Mexico I-601a waiver processing time' to determine if other members have posted feedback of their wait times.  From what I've gleaned the processing times could be 5+ months or longer depending on  the circumstances of each individual case.  Buen suerte   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone, my husband and I sent our waiver in December, got a letter notifying us that they received it and got my biometrics appointment in January. I am trying to adjust my timeline so I can be of any help to people who are going though the same process (consular processing). I have had a lot of questions and I hope I can be of any help to the people in this forum. My husband and I are now awaiting for the approval of our I 601. I don't know where to put that on my timeline, if anyone can help with that it is much appreciated. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hola todos !

Our attorney sent our waiver mid February 2017... they did not use a traceable form of mailing so I don't have an exact date It as received <_< However, we did insist on sending a personal check as form of payment. It was cashed this morning ! Yay !! One step closer now...

Timeline

Hey everyone. You can check on the wait times for the waiver process on the following link:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do?type=serviceCenter

click on the NBC processing dates link. They don't update the website very much, last time they updated it was March 14th. I hope that helps. 

Timeline
On 2/13/2017 at 0:20 PM, Oceanic815 said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share with you that my I-601 waiver was approved today. We sent out the waiver on December 29th 2016 and got approved today April 11th 2017. I just wanted to share with you and to give you an idea on how long it is taking for the waivers to get approved. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Oceanic815 said:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share with you that my I-601 waiver was approved today. We sent out the waiver on December 29th 2016 and got approved today April 11th 2017. I just wanted to share with you and to give you an idea on how long it is taking for the waivers to get approved. 

Hi Oceaniac815!

that's great ! I see you didn't have to wait so long to do biometrics either ... we are hoping to get our biometric letter this week...

you meant I-601a right ? 4 months sounds really good ! Congrats and good luck on your next step! 

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hello everyone !

just wanted to chime in and share our happiness... today we received our I-601a approval ! It is dated august 2 so it took us 4 month and 5 days from the day our check was cashed :D

just like the above comment, USCIS did not update our case status online. I knew because I received notification from USPS that I was getting mail from USCIS, I suspected it was the approval .. The envelope got delivered and it was ! Before I had the chance to dial the number our lawyer calls and says they received it too. Time to head to NVC thread now :jest:

Timeline

I filed the I-601A in November around Thanksgiving time. Biometrics was a few days before Christmas. The waiver was approved in early May. So it was a little over 5 months for me. I think they might have sped up recently though.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

My lawyer is getting ready to file my waiver this month. We went in Friday, 8/11/17  for my father's (he's my qualifying relative) and  because my father needs to have surgery this winter, the lawyer informed me that he will request for expedite processing for the waiver. I didn't know about this option until this last Friday. He said that it is discretionary and up to USCIS to approve the expedite processing.   If it does get approved we are looking at less than a month.  

Timeline
On 2/13/2017 at 11:20 AM, Oceanic815 said:

Hello everyone, my husband and I sent our waiver in December, got a letter notifying us that they received it and got my biometrics appointment in January. I am trying to adjust my timeline so I can be of any help to people who are going though the same process (consular processing). I have had a lot of questions and I hope I can be of any help to the people in this forum. My husband and I are now awaiting for the approval of our I 601. I don't know where to put that on my timeline, if anyone can help with that it is much appreciated. 

Hello Ocainic815

We are getting ready to sen our i-601a waiver for my husband, I am the USC and i am just so nervous. I do not have any medical conditions but my husband also has a son who is born here. Would that help? What did you include in your packet? Any advice would be great. Thank you! 

Timeline

I honestly don’t know how they judge each case. We have no children or medical conditions and got approved. We included our families ties here in the states such as parents and siblings. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.