forena99

2017 Post NOA2 for Cuba K1 - getting ready for interview

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
4 hours ago, forena99 said:

Hey everyone!

Phew! That was a struggle.  I was able to get my appointment for May 25th Thursday!  

1. I was actually able to do it before we submitted the DS160 because I used the application ID that @058rocale said was the same as the confirmation number (which it is).

Somehow I was able to get the appointment.  I took a screen shot of the receipt and saved it, I think I also "Printed it to PDF", but I was never able to go back to that page to reprint it.  Do you have to do it when you get to that page, so you only get one chance?  All I got was a long number.  Is that what we bring to the interview as the 'receipt'?

Also I printed the Appointment Confirmation.  That was a lot easier because I was able to save that as a PDF and print it.  It has a barcode on it and the UID.  

2. My fiance was finally able to get into the website and retrieve the application and sign and submit.  I basically sent him step by step instructions with screenshots and all for how to do it.  He swears he doesn't have to be the one that does it.  That he interpreted the website @058rocale sent me as meaning that us USCs can totally do it for them, "It says so on the website", he would say.  But he was happy to do it and I told him it would be better if he tried and see how it went.  He had to go to a private internet salon and a really nice lady helped him out and they were able to retrieve and complete the application with my instructions.  Is there something from this process that we need to bring to the interview?  I asked him take screenshots of the confirmation page and he printed copies out of the final confirmation page, but there wasn't a way to save it easily like it was at the end of making the appointment.

Do we need the confirmation page from submitting the DS160 application for the interview?  Or do we need the confirmation of the appointment for the interview?

And what page constitutes the receipt?  (all I have is a screenshot with a long number that also says "Your payment has been accepted and your receipt is now valid to schedule an appointment".  

Thanks again for all your support and info!

Forena99

I'm finally feeling a little more excited now that this part is over...like I said, Phew!

Hi forena! 

I am so happy you got the interview date and that the ds-160 website worked for your fiance! 

For the interview it is very important to bring the appointment confirmation page, (I read they don't let you in the embassy without this) the ds-160 confirmation page, and the evidence of ds-160 payment. (Noa2 hard copy as well).

You can get back on the ds-160 page and it will give you the option to start another application or see the confirmation page for the already submitted application. I did this, I went back and got the confirmation page after my fiance submitted everything. And it has two barcodes, one on the top and the other one at the bottom with the application ID. It has his picture and information. It also gives instructions that is imp to read. 

For the payment confirmation, the screen shot is important to bring. I read somewhere that you can also bring a screen shot of your account, reflecting the 265$ payment. I have to go back and see if the ceac page can give me something better to prove payment, but if not, screenshots it is. 

It great to be exited!! Now that you have date and time everything takes a new meaning:)

K1 Visa

11/15/16: I-129 Sent ♥

11/16/16: Received at Dallas Lock Box (per USPS) ♥

11/25/16: NOA1 Hardcopy received ♥

02/23/17: NOA2 notification ♥ (90 days)

02/24/17: Scheduled embassy appointment ♥

02/27/17: NOA2 hard copy received by mail ♥

03/17/17: NVC sent package to embassy ♥

03/20/17: Called NVC and got my HAV# ♥

03/27/17: NVC package received in Cuba ♥

04/03/17: NVC Hardcopy letter received ♥

04/24- 04/29/2017: Fiance's medical exam ♥

05/30/17: Embassy interview appointment  ♥ APPROVED! ♥♥

06/12/2017: Fiance traveled to the U.S ♥

06/26/2017: Social Security Issued ♥

07/03/2017: Married! ♥♥ 

07/29/2017: AOS sent ♥

08/22/2017: Biometrics letter mishandled by USPS *

August 2017 - December 2017: Filing claims at USCIS and USPS *

December 2017: INFO PASS SCHEDULED ♥

01/02/2018: Biometrics and picture were taken at USCIS Field Office ♥

Timeline
4 hours ago, forena99 said:

@058rocale

Wanted to congratulate you on your interview date!

I was so busy trying to get ours that I didn't get a chance to properly congratulate you on getting it all done (Plus visajourney was down this morning for a bit wasn't it?).  Thanks for all your help.  I'm glad your fiance was able to sign and submit from his end too.  It just feels better to have it happen that way, though I can see how it can be really hard to do in Cuba.  Luckily, we were able to do it too.

BTW, I did you use his info on the Passport info for the Appointment website.  I only used my name as the person who helped and I used my email address so that I would get the confirmation, but because it asks for the name on the DS160 app, I used his info.  Hopefully it doesn't matter either way.

Also, my DHL package arrived in Havana today!  Don't think it's at the Consulate yet though...

Also, we should be in Havana around the same time for the interview!  Maybe we should try to meet up if you are interested.

Thanks again for all your help.  =)

Eufemia

Thank you @forena99!! 

Today has been stresfull getting all of this documents done and getting the interview dates! Now we can breathe a little for today haha

Yes! Visa journey was down. I am glad you said that bc I though it was my server haha

I think you are right, the ds-160  name information for contact can be your name or his. They sure make it confusing.

I have a question, when we get the visa, where would I go to buy his plane ticket? Would it be through habanatours? I want to stay in habana for a week after our interview so I can make sure he is good to go. Idealy, or romantically, I hope he can come with me in my same flight back home. But I have no idea how any of that works haha

Great news  that your paper made it safely to Habana! :)

Yes we will be in Cuba at the same time! I would love to try to met! 

Saludos, 

Rocío

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 2/24/2017 at 7:36 PM, 058rocale said:

Hi forena! 

I am so happy you got the interview date and that the ds-160 website worked for your fiance! 

For the interview it is very important to bring the appointment confirmation page, (I read they don't let you in the embassy without this) the ds-160 confirmation page, and the evidence of ds-160 payment. (Noa2 hard copy as well).

You can get back on the ds-160 page and it will give you the option to start another application or see the confirmation page for the already submitted application. I did this, I went back and got the confirmation page after my fiance submitted everything. And it has two barcodes, one on the top and the other one at the bottom with the application ID. It has his picture and information. It also gives instructions that is imp to read. 

For the payment confirmation, the screen shot is important to bring. I read somewhere that you can also bring a screen shot of your account, reflecting the 265$ payment. I have to go back and see if the ceac page can give me something better to prove payment, but if not, screenshots it is. 

It great to be exited!! Now that you have date and time everything takes a new meaning:)

@058rocale,

Does your payment screenshot look like this?

I blurred out the receipt number...

d6c6a68269d342c692c81a9d5bce096a.jpeg

Edited by forena99

Removal of Condition on Residency
09/24/20...Submitted I-751
10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed
01/13/21...Moved to local USCIS (WAC)
03/02/21...Letter of Approval (biometrics & interview waived)
03/06/21...Green Card Received

RGyvm8.png

Timeline

Hi @forena99! Yes, it looks the same. 

Today I noticed I might have made a mistake with the appointment. The applicants name shows up as me, and not my fiance. I think I might have to reschedule and correct the error. I think the way you did it was the only way to do it. Putting his information in where the sistem automatically put cuba. That was not smart of me. I called the embassy but of course I notice this on a Sunday and everything is closed. Now I will keep looking before doing anything.

K1 Visa

Timeline

Hello! I ended up canceling my appointment, doing another profile but this time with all his information, paying again and getting another appointment the 30th of may. Now everything is how it should. I know I could have waited until tomorrow, but  I got something similar to a panic attack and had to fix it today.

Our name ( pettitoner) should not be in that appointment confirmation page at all. It's only the person that needs the visa (beneficiary). 

I m so glad you did it correctly forena! 

K1 Visa

Timeline

This is what I learned :)

Ds-160 payment and appointment.PNG

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 2/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, 058rocale said:

Hello! I ended up canceling my appointment, doing another profile but this time with all his information, paying again and getting another appointment the 30th of may. Now everything is how it should. I know I could have waited until tomorrow, but  I got something similar to a panic attack and had to fix it today.

Our name ( pettitoner) should not be in that appointment confirmation page at all. It's only the person that needs the visa (beneficiary). 

I m so glad you did it correctly forena! 

I'm so sorry @058rocale!

I'm glad you worked it out so you have a correct appointment confirmation page now, but I'm sorry about the confusion.  I've been looking for pages that confirm whether it HAS to be the beneficiary or something where it says it doesn't matter, but I couldn't really confirm either.  So, I just went with the default.  It makes sense though, because technically, our presence as petitioners are 'optional' and we are guests to the interview.  Though I know it is really not an option for us USC petitioners to not be there for the interview...  I hope it doesn't affect your timeline too much.  My petition will expire the next working day after my interview, so I can't afford not to be there, without an extension.  (Sucks you had to pay again too!  ...that's terrible, sorry!)  I wish instructions were more clear, even though the instructions out there are very detailed, they seem to miss to spell out that detail...

Well, sounds like you are on track again.  

Cheers,

Forena99

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Timeline
15 hours ago, forena99 said:

I'm so sorry @058rocale!

I'm glad you worked it out so you have a correct appointment confirmation page now, but I'm sorry about the confusion.  I've been looking for pages that confirm whether it HAS to be the beneficiary or something where it says it doesn't matter, but I couldn't really confirm either.  So, I just went with the default.  It makes sense though, because technically, our presence as petitioners are 'optional' and we are guests to the interview.  Though I know it is really not an option for us USC petitioners to not be there for the interview...  I hope it doesn't affect your timeline too much.  My petition will expire the next working day after my interview, so I can't afford not to be there, without an extension.  (Sucks you had to pay again too!  ...that's terrible, sorry!)  I wish instructions were more clear, even though the instructions out there are very detailed, they seem to miss to spell out that detail...

Well, sounds like you are on track again.  

Cheers,

Forena99

Thank you :( I think I just freaked out, and it cost me. There has to be a normal way to fix this, but I it might have set my interview date farther out. At least our interview was just delayed for a week, so it's not bad. And now everything is going good! I received my NOA2 hardcopy yesterday, it was very quick. 

I have a question for you, what does it entail a certificado de soleria? Is it a notarized regular letter stating he is single? 

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 2/28/2017 at 9:01 AM, 058rocale said:

Thank you :( I think I just freaked out, and it cost me. There has to be a normal way to fix this, but I it might have set my interview date farther out. At least our interview was just delayed for a week, so it's not bad. And now everything is going good! I received my NOA2 hardcopy yesterday, it was very quick. 

I have a question for you, what does it entail a certificado de soleria? Is it a notarized regular letter stating he is single? 

Hi @058rocale the certificado de soleria is a single certificate, they produce them in Cuba and they have an expiration of 6 months. Your fiancé should know where to get this but I can ask mine if he doesn't! Let me know

Question - did you and @forena99 begin DS-160 before receiving NOA2? Or the hard copy? And is that the first thing you do? Your information is soooo helpful I'm just a bit confused on the timeline for everything. And have you guys prepared Affidavit of Support info?

One more, promise. I might be going to Cuba for a few days later this month for my fiancé's birthday, do you think there are any documents I should bring him/get from him while I'm there? My NOA1 was Dec 21, hardcopy Jan 2, so I probably have some time before the NOA2. Just wanted to see if there was any preparatory stuff I could do.

Thanks again for sharing, congrats on your interviews!!!!!! :):):)

Timeline
On 3/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, TatiyPablo said:

Hi @058rocale the certificado de soleria is a single certificate, they produce them in Cuba and they have an expiration of 6 months. Your fiancé should know where to get this but I can ask mine if he doesn't! Let me know

Question - did you and @forena99 begin DS-160 before receiving NOA2? Or the hard copy? And is that the first thing you do? Your information is soooo helpful I'm just a bit confused on the timeline for everything. And have you guys prepared Affidavit of Support info?

One more, promise. I might be going to Cuba for a few days later this month for my fiancé's birthday, do you think there are any documents I should bring him/get from him while I'm there? My NOA1 was Dec 21, hardcopy Jan 2, so I probably have some time before the NOA2. Just wanted to see if there was any preparatory stuff I could do.

Hello @TatiyPablo!

Thank you! My fiance figured out the certificado de solteria! 

I did star my Ds-160 before. Since they require so much information about your fiance, I had everything done. It gives you time to review the information and make sure everything is perfect. So when we got approved, I was able to submit it, pay and schedule an interview fast. May people wait until they have the case number from the NVC, but on the DS-160 you can put your NOA! case number. 

I already have my Affidavit of Support. I already filed my taxes for last year, so I have it ready. I made the i- 134 and i-1864. I also have all the necessary evidence prepared. 

I am glad you will be traveling to Cuba soon! When I went to see my fiance, I brought him the copy of my Noa1. I wanted him to know everything I included in the binder since the embassy will have a copy of it at our interview. 

I am going to Cuba in two days and I will bring him a copy of the NOA2, copy of the DS-160 form and confirmation, and a copy of the appointment confirmation. I will bring the originals for the interview, but just in case I want him to have this now. 

You can certainly do a lot of preparations! It helps while you wait :)

K1 Visa

Timeline
On 3/6/2017 at 10:18 AM, 058rocale said:

Hello @TatiyPablo!

Thank you! My fiance figured out the certificado de solteria! 

I did star my Ds-160 before. Since they require so much information about your fiance, I had everything done. It gives you time to review the information and make sure everything is perfect. So when we got approved, I was able to submit it, pay and schedule an interview fast. May people wait until they have the case number from the NVC, but on the DS-160 you can put your NOA! case number. 

I already have my Affidavit of Support. I already filed my taxes for last year, so I have it ready. I made the i- 134 and i-1864. I also have all the necessary evidence prepared. 

I am glad you will be traveling to Cuba soon! When I went to see my fiance, I brought him the copy of my Noa1. I wanted him to know everything I included in the binder since the embassy will have a copy of it at our interview. 

I am going to Cuba in two days and I will bring him a copy of the NOA2, copy of the DS-160 form and confirmation, and a copy of the appointment confirmation. I will bring the originals for the interview, but just in case I want him to have this now. 

You can certainly do a lot of preparations! It helps while you wait :)

On 3/3/2017 at 4:23 PM, TatiyPablo said:

Hi @TatiyPablo,

Yes!  Get the DS-160 done as much as possible before you receive you NOA2.  @058rocale

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Timeline
On 3/3/2017 at 4:23 PM, TatiyPablo said:

Hi @058rocale the certificado de soleria is a single certificate, they produce them in Cuba and they have an expiration of 6 months. Your fiancé should know where to get this but I can ask mine if he doesn't! Let me know

Question - did you and @forena99 begin DS-160 before receiving NOA2? Or the hard copy? And is that the first thing you do? Your information is soooo helpful I'm just a bit confused on the timeline for everything. And have you guys prepared Affidavit of Support info?

Thanks again for sharing, congrats on your interviews!!!!!! :):):)

Hey sorry guys, I wrote out this long response and then never submitted it!  And I must of submitted early before I was done.  Sorry for the mess!  haha.  I lost my original response, but here is a recap.  Wish I could delete the previous msg, but doesn't look like I can.

Hi @TatiyPablo,

Yes!  Get the DS-160 done as much as possible before you receive your NOA2.  

Once you begin your DS-160 you'll get the Application ID.  

Once you get NOA2 approval, you can try and get your case number.  I'm not sure how @058rocale got hers so fast, but it seems like others were able to get them before the hard copy arrived.  by phone?  I'm not sure.

Finish your DS-160 and print the confirmation page (keep e-copies).  I don't think you 'need' the NVC Case number to finish the DS-160.  

You WILL need your NVC Case number and DS-160 confirmation number (which is the same as the DS-160 Application ID) to schedule the appointment.  Don't forget to take a screenshot or print screen of the webpage with your receipt number for paying the VISA.  There is no button, email or print option on that page.  And I couldn't figure out a way to get back to that page, so it seems you only get one chance to take a screenshot of the receipt.  

Yes, do prepare an Affidavit of Support.  I also went to my bank to notify them that I will be needing an 'Immigration Letter' on letterhead that prints out the info the consulate needs without disclosing all my transactions they way a statement would.  I also am asking my employer to print out an employment verification letter on letterhead that says my salary and my full time status, etc.  I'm waiting to have these printed out close to the date of my interview so it is more up to date.  It may say that it is not required, but I'm pretty sure they are going to ask.  And it only makes sense that it's something the US would be concerned about when it concerns immigration from Cuba.   Also, I'm bringing 3 years worth of taxes, even if only 1 yr may be enough.

For your fiance, I would bring the copy of the complete K-1 Visa exactly as you submitted to CSC with signatures and everything.  I also estimate he will need somewhere between $600-800 between NOA2 approval and the interview.  $405 CUC medical exam, $100 CUC passport (if he doesn't have it already), $265 USD for Visa fee (if he plans on doing it on his end with a debit card - they don't take credit card), $80 CUC for background check, misc. birth certificate, immunizations, single certificate, etc. can all be paid in CUP (moneda nacional), I think, but it all adds up, plus you'll need to purchase the 'sello' for everything.  And I've asked my fiance to get at least 2 copies of everything.  Make sure you keep a copy of the immunizations (the complete one) because he will need it when you apply for his AOS in the US.  

Thanks, hope that helps a little,

Forena

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Timeline

I have a question:  What are other people doing for the medical exam date?  Do you have to make an 'appointment' for the medical exam in Cuba?

My fiance is being told he can just go 1 month + a few days before his interview date to pay for his exam and they will do the exam exactly 1 month before his interview.  

I was hoping he could pay now and get an appointment date for 1 month before his interview date, but to set it up now.  And they are not allowing him to do it that way.

How are you guys doing the medical exam appointment?

Thanks,
Forena

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Timeline

Hi All,

Has anyone received the checklist documents of the docs needed for the interview? If so, do you mind scanning and attaching it to the forum??

I found the one from the Wiki site, but it's from 2006 or 2008 so it's really out of date..

Me & my fiance are having a back and forth about the Police certificate needed. On the Wiki doc it says he needs it from ALL countries he's resided in, and then looking on VJ I saw some posts about needing them from all the countries you've lived in for more than 6 months... and others say it's all the cities/provinces he's lived in, in Cuba for 6 months (for ex: if he lived in Holguin for 6 months then Santa Clara for another 6 months etc, he'd need one from each province) and then for any country outside of Cuba if he's lived in that particular country for 1 year or more... I'm like okay, which is it?! lol

K-1 Visa

03/20/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/21/17 - Delivered at Lewisville, TX

03/24/17 - Check cashed
03/27/17 - NOA1 Text and Email. (Notice Date)
03/31/17 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received
07/13/17- NOA2 Notice Date
07/17/17 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received 

07/28/17 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
08/04/17 - Case Number Received by NVC Letter (Hard Copy)

09/29/17 - US Embassy in Havana no longer processing visa's

11/07/2017 - Transferred Case to Buenos Aires, Argentina

11/07/2017 - Received Packet 3 from BNS

12/04/17 - Medical

12/20/17 - Sent Packet 3 Docs back to Embassy

01/10/18 - Received Interview Date Email
01/22/17 - Interview

01/22/17 - Put into AP
xx/xx/17 - Visa Issued
xx/xx/17 - Visa in Hand =)
xx/xx/17 - Houston Bound

Timeline
On 3/17/2017 at 10:40 AM, CubaAndChill said:

Hi All,

Has anyone received the checklist documents of the docs needed for the interview? If so, do you mind scanning and attaching it to the forum??

I found the one from the Wiki site, but it's from 2006 or 2008 so it's really out of date..

Me & my fiance are having a back and forth about the Police certificate needed. On the Wiki doc it says he needs it from ALL countries he's resided in, and then looking on VJ I saw some posts about needing them from all the countries you've lived in for more than 6 months... and others say it's all the cities/provinces he's lived in, in Cuba for 6 months (for ex: if he lived in Holguin for 6 months then Santa Clara for another 6 months etc, he'd need one from each province) and then for any country outside of Cuba if he's lived in that particular country for 1 year or more... I'm like okay, which is it?! lol

Hi @CubaAndChill,

I would try to get as comprehensive a story as you can for his background check.  Consider what we as USCs have to go through to get our NOA2 approved.  The CSC has to do a very thorough check on us before approving our petition - mostly from the FBI (but also could be CIA, DEA, U.S. Department of Commerce, Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control, Interpol, and the Department of State's Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation) as well as Police records.   As for the beneficiary, all he is responsible for at the interview is the Police records part.  I would imagine you would want to be as thorough as possible and try to piece together as complete story as possible from all the places you would need/can get records from.  I would try to avoid gaps.  Have you tried asking at the place that gives out the police records?  They maybe able to give you more specific info on what is available and what is needed.  My beneficiary is in Holguin and they have been helpful in answering questions once he tells them what he is trying to do.  I *thought* there was a place you could go where you get the entire history for the country of Cuba, but that might of been bc my fiance hasn't lived in another city.  But I would see if you can get something like that and just ask at the office locally where he is (I forget the name of it right now) if it should satisfy the requirement bc they do this sort of thing more often.  

As for a list, TatiyPablo made a good one earlier, just search earlier in the thread.  I've been thinking of doing a more comprehensive one for me, so if I can do that I will share.  

Forena

10/06/20...NOA Date

10/08/20...Check cashed

RGyvm8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.