Makarchuk

Speeding Up I-130 For Unmarried Step-Son

36 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sliusarek said:

Well, if I knew faster, are they going to accept it or not, I would've been more confident and relaxed about my university, for example. I wouldn't have to deal with all the unnecessary things with military. And, more than that, I could avoid something I am totally not interested in (spending a year of my life without any purpose, defending what? Old Soviet missiles?). If you think army is a good thing - do try Ukrainian. You'll change your mind. :--)

With all due respect.  I'm sorry but I lost some friends in Vietnam so this kind of touches me.  You say serving your country in the military is "unnecessary"?  And you are not "interested" in defending your own country.  If you come to the US would you be willing to defend this country?  I am curious, why did you have to return to Ukrain after 8 months?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, David & Zoila said:

With all due respect.  I'm sorry but I lost some friends in Vietnam so this kind of touches me.  You say serving your country in the military is "unnecessary"?  And you are not "interested" in defending your own country.  If you come to the US would you be willing to defend this country?  I am curious, why did you have to return to Ukrain after 8 months?

You can click on OP's profile to see how that question is answered concerning why returning to Ukraine.

4 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

You can click on OP's profile to see how that question is answered concerning why returning to Ukraine.

Clicked on it and there is no time line.  I tried. :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, David & Zoila said:

Clicked on it and there is no time line.  I tried. :huh:

Click on the Op's name, not the timeline.

3 hours ago, Sliusarek said:

First one applies. If I enroll in university and then my visa gets done after two-three months after it - that is a loss of a money since no refunds are made for school, as far as I know. 

That's not how it works. That's like saying "if you don't expedite my petition, then I'm going to buy a new house. So it's a severe financial loss, right?"  You can't use a choice to spend money as a reason for the loss. Enrolling in school is a choice. It's a better choice, in your opinion, than serving the military,  but it's a choice you are making on how to spend your money.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post removed for posting a PM.  The OP has been given all the answers he can be given regarding his question. Thread locked and is not to be restarted. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.