LDT88in702

Need Help With New Tourist GF

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

I do agree with that, I work for a Danish company and during summer time, don't ever expect an email back from them, they all are on 6-7 weeks off.

Still, do agree when people have these 3-4 months all the time where they just travel, it's interesting what kind of ties they show to convince people they would actually have something to return home for...

Oh absolutely.  For younger ones I know a lot will travel on their gap year, something I think is highly needed over here :P

4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Still, do agree when people have these 3-4 months all the time where they just travel, it's interesting what kind of ties they show to convince people they would actually have something to return home for...

That

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

To file for a fiance Visa, Don't you have to prove at least a 2 year Relationship?

It just sucks, because We are still a very New couple and its hard for me to Commit to Marriage with someone until I see first what its like living with that person. 

so I wanted to to maybe see it as a test trial, what its like living together for at least 2 months and than She would go Back home and than I would apply for a Fiance Visa.

but I don't want her Over staying her welcome on a tourist Visa Affecting our ability to get approved for a Fiance Visa when that time comes.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, LDT88in702 said:

To file for a fiance Visa, Don't you have to prove at least a 2 year Relationship?

It just sucks, because We are still a very New couple and its hard for me to Commit to Marriage with someone until I see first what its like living with that person. 

so I wanted to to maybe see it as a test trial, what its like living together for at least 2 months and than She would go Back home and than I would apply for a Fiance Visa.

but I don't want her Over staying her welcome on a tourist Visa Affecting our ability to get approved for a Fiance Visa when that time comes.

No.  You only need to have met once in the last of two years.

10 hours ago, LDT88in702 said:

So, Our Best Bet is just say shes coming to Visit for 4 months. and if they ask her Why... say because she has family here that she wants to visit and spend time with?

The truth man.  ALWAYS tell the truth!

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
3 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

The truth man.  ALWAYS tell the truth!

I just don't want her to get denied by Saying she is visiting Family for 4 months! But that is partially the truth...she would be spending time with her family on top of spending time with me. and she has never overstayed before. she has a good track record with her Visa..so for the most part... will she be okay entering immigration with that story since its the truth? or could they be like "Oh that's too long" and deny her?

Edited by LDT88in702

No point in playing word games with CBP. As she has visited before, she knows the drill at POE.

State the truth, CBP decides if 4 months is too long. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

13 minutes ago, LDT88in702 said:

I just don't want her get denied by Saying she is visiting Family for 4 months! But that is partially the truth...she would be spending time with her family on top of spending time with me. and she has never overstayed before. she has a good track record with her Visa..so for the most part... will she be okay entering immigration with that story since its the truth? or could they be like "Oh that's too long" and deny her?

Lying by omission.  You said she is coming to see you.  You now say she is coming to see her family.  She must tell them that she is coming to visit you and her family.  If she does not  include you she would be lying by omission, would she not?  You just never want to lie.  It will turn around and bite you in the okole.  It's easiest to remember the TRUTH. I think her saying she wants to stay for 4 months might be asking a bit too much.  They will want to know how she is supporting herself, who's paying for her trip, meals, lodging...etc...4 months is a LONG vacation.  Unless she comes from an extremely wealthy family how could she support herself if some else isn't...like you?  You have to look at this from the outside.  Do that and you will see she is going to get caught lying about who she is coming to see. (Even partially)  Then you will have real problems on your hands.  JUST TELL THE TRUTH...the whole truth.

Edited by David & Zoila

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I personally have not seen people turned back because the CBP officer doesn't think they have sufficient ties to their country, or because they have indefinite plans. When I get a notice that i've issued a bad visa it's generally because the person admits to CBP that they actually intend to work in the U.S. or have done so during past visits. That and people that stay for 6 months and then try to return again too soon. 

I've seen cbp YT vids of B2ers withdrawn\visa cancelled due to no solid evidence of returning home. Few and far between, granted. 

USCIS

NVC

Consular

POE

23 minutes ago, KierenHby said:

I've seen cbp YT vids of B2ers withdrawn\visa cancelled due to no solid evidence of returning home. Few and far between, granted. 

I agree.  Try getting a visitor visa if you are from Philippines...next to impossible.  And I know this for a fact.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

first, they can and WILL go through her phone if they suspect something.. so yes, messages like 'hey baby cant wait to see you' could get her in trouble...they WILL go thru her stuff... and they WILL and can go thru her computer! (no good luck in ... cards) lol

if she is going to visit family, then just say she is going to visit family.  but they can call and they have done that before (did that to me) so make sure that if they call her boss/family ect just beaware that this is where lying gets you in trouble!!!! u should watch border patrol on netflix!!!! they called my bf at the poe

i have seen people turned around for having resumes on them and good luck cards! LOL! 

does she have a job to go back to? 

i think the fact she has never overstayed and visited before should be good! like they said, this isnt complicated she has gone thru POE before! just tell the truth, if they deny her then u go visit her for a few weeks and then file a K1! Her b2 denial will have no effect on the K1

or file for a K1 and then in 3 months if ur sick of her send her back!!!

So a young (I'm assuming), single girl shows up at POE having recently spent a chunk of time in the country and on her blue customs form is your residential address. What do you think the CBP officer is going to think? They keep those addresses on file. I know this from my visits to my husband. He moved and on my next visit I wrote the new address on the blue form. The CBP officer said "whose address is this where you are staying?". I said "my boyfriend" (as he was at the time). CBP officer looked at the screen and said "and what happened to the boyfriend at xxx Street that you stayed with 2 months ago?". I explained it was very much the same boyfriend but he had moved. CBP officer said "I will just update your record then".

Later down the line if/when you apply for a fiancé visa and that address pops up again on your forms and she has been claiming that she was staying with relatives there but the address is actually her fiancé's address, well I don't want to be in your shoes when that has to be explained. They don't ask those questions on the forms for fun. Everything has a purpose and assume that every piece of data, every answer to every question will be logged and brought back to haunt you. If you are going to pursue a marriage visa at some point, immigration employees are going to be a very big part of your life for a very long time. Don't start off on the wrong foot with twisted truths. There is nothing illegal about falling in love with an American. That's why the vast majority of us (myself included) are here. There is nothing illegal about going to visit said love interest. But there is everything wrong in lying to anyone involved in adjudicating your case. Especially with the new administration be very prepared for every minute detail of your story to be scrutinized.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's starting to sound like an echo chamber in here, but for what it's worth my advice is be 100% truthful with CBP. It's their job to judge if a story is truthful or just a story, and some of them have been doing these jobs for a very long time.

If your job allows it, maybe make plans to go visit her. I met my wife in Vegas over two years ago, we committed to a long distance relationship and plans were made for me to go to her in America, or her to me in Canada about every 3-4 months. We were fortunate to both work jobs which allowed for overtime to be banked as leave rather then paid out and made it work until we decided that we couldn't live apart any longer. It's been a long road but if you can make it through this process, it feels like you can make it through anything. It's hard, but the world is a smaller place then it was for older generations. I leave Canada to be with her in exactly a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.