David&Femke

Health Care in the U.S. [split topic]

150 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Why on earth should I pay for yours or anyone else's medical treatments?  I don't expect you or anyone to pay my bills.   

That's some set of balls to lecture all of us that we must pay for yours and everyone's healthcare costs.     

Single payer healthcare would do exactly to the medical industry what's been done to education.   Hamper and drag down the quality.  

If you want single payer then go to one of the many countries that already have that system.    Why are you here where healthcare is a commodity?

I disagree with single payer system as well. 

Take more time reading my posts than faking outrage at it.

Carry on. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, verneforchat said:

Carry on. 

Exactly.  I'm all for you get what you pay for, but everyone should have access to care and ability to have it even if they cannot afford anything.  Nobody should be wallowing in medical debt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

Plastic surgery usually isn't a necessity.  That's just silly.

as for the pro life argument, pro life means all life: babies, elderly, refugees...

Actually, for Floridaminsk and other "pro-lifers", caring for babies isn't being pro-life. It's only caring for fetuses that is pro-life, and even there they have a narrow definition, i.e. not terminating a fetus' life within womb. They really don't care about pre-natal care that would allow the fetus to be born as a more healthy baby, because caring about pre-natal care probably means covering it within health insurance policies, which means it would also need to be covered by Medicaid, which would raise the "pro-lifer's" taxes, which would be very bad.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline
Just now, Russ&Caro said:

Actually, for Floridaminsk and other "pro-lifers", caring for babies isn't being pro-life. It's only caring for fetuses that is pro-life, and even there they have a narrow definition, i.e. not terminating a fetus' life within womb. They really don't care about pre-natal care that would allow the fetus to be born as a more healthy baby, because caring about pre-natal care probably means covering it within health insurance policies, which means it would also need to be covered by Medicaid, which would raise the "pro-lifer's" taxes, which would be very bad.

My point was what pro life should be, not how it's seen but I totally agree with you.  Medicaid would go up, food stamps, educational costs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
7 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

Ok folks lesson for today- you cannot get any health treatment you desire. It has to be related to your diagnosis and treatment. You cannot 'order' treatments at an establishment. It is not a fast food restaurant or a furniture store. 

And since breast implants are elective and purely cosmetic (unless its due to breast cancer), these are not paid by insurance/public/medicaid/fast food restaurant.

As much as some people believe their tax dollars are going to into funding abortions or breast implants or penile implants etc etc, it does not happen that way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2364692/Josie-Cunningham-5-000-breast-implants-NHS-wants-YOU-pay-remove-them.htm

As you were crowing about how we should have single payer.   This is what happens when go to single payer.   

Besides lets not forget that the U.K. Is going broke over paying for the NHS.    And they even have a private insurance market as well.    

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2918003/NHS-forced-abandon-free-healthcare-says-Britain-s-doctor-warns-service-needs-radical-change.html

Timeline
Just now, Russ&Caro said:

Pro life only when it suits my lifestyle.  :rofl:

I would love to stop paying for other people's treatments, just mine only. Except it does not work that way. I am in healthcare, and I know billing/financial costs of health care in the US. Without the insurance and other systems in place, health care will still remain way too expensive for the poor, or even the middle class.

Timeline
Just now, FloridaMinsk said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2364692/Josie-Cunningham-5-000-breast-implants-NHS-wants-YOU-pay-remove-them.htm

As you were crowing about how we should have single payer.   This is what happens when go to single payer.   

Besides lets not forget that the U.K. Is going broke over paying for the NHS.    And they even have a private insurance market as well.    

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2918003/NHS-forced-abandon-free-healthcare-says-Britain-s-doctor-warns-service-needs-radical-change.html

Since English is not your language, let me explain it again:

I DO NOT SUPPORT SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM EITHER.

Did you get it?

Or should I type it out in Russian or whatever other language you comprehend?

Timeline

Let's put this into perspective for a second.  One doesn't like paying for another's medical treatment.  Ok fine.  Don't have to.  Now a whole bunch of kids attend school unvaxxed because their parents can't afford it and a whole bunch of diseases come back.

or, one doesn't agree with certain wars that the country is in.  Well the military should be a commodity, not a right.    No more tax dollars for them.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

Carry on. 

No I read it ....   you want the government to subsidize based on what you think you can pay.   

Why should the public go into debt over someone's personal medical choices? 

Timeline
Just now, FloridaMinsk said:

No I read it ....   you want the government to subsidize based on what you think you can pay.   

Why should the public go into debt over someone's personal medical choices? 

Seeking treatment for a major illness is not a medical choice.

Timeline

Also- US healthcare, especially hospitals are pretty much broke too. Anyone who does not pay, that deficit is basically passed on to other bill payers.

1 minute ago, Transborderwife said:

Let's put this into perspective for a second.  One doesn't like paying for another's medical treatment.  Ok fine.  Don't have to.  Now a whole bunch of kids attend school unvaxxed because their parents can't afford it and a whole bunch of diseases come back.

or, one doesn't agree with certain wars that the country is in.  Well the military should be a commodity, not a right.    No more tax dollars for them.

In that vein, If only the states could choose what state their federal tax dollars go to; the red states would be so much in trouble. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

Thats asinine.   First off ... Pre natal care is not expensive.   And the difference between defending a baby vs defending an adult is that the adult has an opportunity to defend themselves.  

Pro abortion people think they can lessen the fact they are killing a baby by calling it a fetus or clump of cells.   

Timeline
Just now, verneforchat said:

Also- US healthcare, especially hospitals are pretty much broke too. Anyone who does not pay, that deficit is basically passed on to other bill payers.

Indeed.  When we were going for our mortgage the agent told us that in Florida at least brokers are told specifically to ignore medical debts in regards to if someone can afford a house or not, same thing when we got our car.

Just now, verneforchat said:

In that vein, If only the states could choose what state their federal tax dollars go to; the red states would be so much in trouble. 

Yup

Timeline
1 minute ago, FloridaMinsk said:

Thats asinine.   First off ... Pre natal care is not expensive.   And the difference between defending a baby vs defending an adult is that the adult has an opportunity to defend themselves.  

Pro abortion people think they can lessen the fact they are killing a baby by calling it a fetus or clump of cells.   

You obviously missed the rest of the point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.