amarsolo

My interview was canceled

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

After i had my intervieuw in 21 feb ,i recieve a mail today they have canceled my interview because of unforseen circumstances .

What going on ?????

Is that happened before ??

Or only because im from algeria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hi! 

I had my interview in Algeria too! Are you speaking of the K1? Did they give you any other information why it was cancelled? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

Hi! 

I had my interview in Algeria too! Are you speaking of the K1? Did they give you any other information why it was cancelled? 

Yes interview for AOS 

They only said because the unforseen circumstances

That it

Timeline
8 hours ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

Have you received your EAD and how long did it take? Have you tried calling and asking why its cancelled? 

Yes i have the EAD combo card

I tried and tried to call but you know always answer machin :@

Timeline
4 minutes ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

Me? AOS

I'm just asking how long after you filed for AOS you received the EAD

2 months ,,why you will have ur intervieu in algeria 

Timeline

I'm sorry it was a misunderstanding. I thought your K1 Visa interview in Algeria was cancelled, so I told you I had my K1 visa interview in Algeria too. But I'm in the US now and will (or might not) have my interview here. 

Edited by GermanGirlinNYC

Timeline
12 minutes ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

I'm sorry it was a misunderstanding. I thought your K1 Visa interview in Algeria was cancelled, so I told you I had my K1 visa interview in Algeria too. But I'm in the US now and will (or might not) have my interview here. 

Iam in the us too

Timeline
13 minutes ago, GermanGirlinNYC said:

How u r from germany and u had ur k1 visa interview in algeria

Timeline
12 minutes ago, amarsolo said:

How u r from germany and u had ur k1 visa interview in algeria

Because I lived in Algeria at the time. 

I wish you all the best with your case!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Perfectly normal and perfectly typical. All you can do is wait for your interview to be rescheduled. If you want to be safe, you can still show up on the original interview date to prove that you were there, but the interview had been cancelled. I've heard of people who had their interview cancelled, and thus didn't go, only to receive a denial because "they missed their interview" which was supposed to have been cancelled in the first place. But normally you won't have to do anything but wait to get a new interview letter.

In short; interviews get cancelled and rescheduled all the time.

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.