ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yes, page was just updated. matter of fact thay dont have any application between oct 10 and 24 so they just used this date for showing that they are doing their work.

they processed all application till dec 12th now they need to work on dec 13th (appx 25 cases received on 13th dec). which ar pending from feb 17th.

did not process single application from feb 17th.  

let me know if you call them receive any updates

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rohit said:

Yes, page was just updated. matter of fact thay dont have any application between oct 10 and 24 so they just used this date for showing that they are doing their work.

they processed all application till dec 12th now they need to work on dec 13th (appx 25 cases received on 13th dec). which ar pending from feb 17th.

did not process single application from feb 17th.  

let me know if you call them receive any updates

Haha, that's so bad. Do you know those dates based on the info you pull from the app? There seems to be a million applications that were put into the system on Feb 23rd? 

I just called and was told they're processing Oct 24 cases and they can't say how long it will take. Pretty generic answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all

The same here. I have call 3 times. Two in Spanish and one in English but nothing they say they are working in Oct 24th cases which is crazy since in the website they have January 31st the same day Oct 24th. Vermont office received my case in February 23rd. I am getting so nervous since I am filing an H1B visa through premium processing which will be suspended next April 3rd. If you have any updates or information it will so helpful or at least soothing.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, angiepibe said:

Hello all

The same here. I have call 3 times. Two in Spanish and one in English but nothing they say they are working in Oct 24th cases which is crazy since in the website they have January 31st the same day Oct 24th. Vermont office received my case in February 23rd. I am getting so nervous since I am filing an H1B visa through premium processing which will be suspended next April 3rd. If you have any updates or information it will so helpful or at least soothing.

Waiver cases can take 4-6 months to process, so Feb 23 puts you square around end of June-August to get the waiver, if approved.

Are you already in the US?

Timeline
1 hour ago, KurosawaSan said:

Waiver cases can take 4-6 months to process, so Feb 23 puts you square around end of June-August to get the waiver, if approved.

Are you already in the US?

According to mi timeline i already have 6  Months and yes I am already in the us

DOS submition Documentation Sep 28th/16

Favorable recommendation DOS Feb 7th

USCIS letter notice received Feb 17th

USCIS Change office case Feb 23rd

Waiting...

Timeline
1 hour ago, angiepibe said:

According to mi timeline i already have 6  Months and yes I am already in the us

DOS submition Documentation Sep 28th/16

Favorable recommendation DOS Feb 7th

USCIS letter notice received Feb 17th

USCIS Change office case Feb 23rd

Waiting...

You're misunderstanding the timeline. 6 months from receiving the recommendation by USCIS, so you still got some way to go.

You can apply for H-1B without the waiver as long as you are going the COS route. You won't be able to leave the country and come back in the same status as you will need a visa, and you won't be able to get H-1B at the embassy without the waiver.

Timeline
1 hour ago, KurosawaSan said:

You're misunderstanding the timeline. 6 months from receiving the recommendation by USCIS, so you still got some way to go.

You can apply for H-1B without the waiver as long as you are going the COS route. You won't be able to leave the country and come back in the same status as you will need a visa, and you won't be able to get H-1B at the embassy without the waiver.

Yeah I know but I really hope I can get the approval before june

On 3/23/2017 at 7:25 PM, KurosawaSan said:

6 months after USCIS receipt is not true at all! USCIS does not provide any processing time for No objection waiver and people get the final waiver in a week or up to one year for no reason. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, ScarletNIW said:

6 months after USCIS receipt is not true at all! USCIS does not provide any processing time for No objection waiver and people get the final waiver in a week or up to one year for no reason. 

I am talking about general cases that I've read about. I am sure it's easier to set expectations.

On 3/23/2017 at 1:35 PM, angiepibe said:

Hello all

Maybe someone had said this before, but you can file H1B with the favorable recommendation from DOS. Basically, by the time they have decided H1B they will decide the waiver. Once you file H1B, you can call USCIS and ask them to expedite because of financial  loss since your H1B was filed through an expedited processes. I read that someone was able to do this. They seem to have expedites procedures for specific problems, one being "financial loss".

I am also waiting for my J1 waiver. @angiepibe , by the way, did your government take long to send their No objection later? Your waiver took a really long time :wacko: Did you have government funding?

Edited by Coco8

Timeline
8 hours ago, Coco8 said:

Maybe someone had said this before, but you can file H1B with the favorable recommendation from DOS. Basically, by the time they have decided H1B they will decide the waiver. Once you file H1B, you can call USCIS and ask them to expedite because of financial  loss since your H1B was filed through an expedited processes. I read that someone was able to do this. They seem to have expedites procedures for specific problems, one being "financial loss".

I am also waiting for my J1 waiver. @angiepibe , by the way, did your government take long to send their No objection later? Your waiver took a really long time :wacko: Did you have government funding?

Hey my waiver was approved yesterday. Uscis dent me a message about it. ANd yes it has been a long journey since september. MY government took some months to sen the nos. I did not have any funding!  I am so happy and i hope all of you guys get the approval soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.