ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I feel the same. doing this processing from past 1 year, Usually this used to take 3-4 weeeks with USCIS but getting delayed this time. 

4 hours ago, IndoCali said:

Yes.. J1 is a curse or may a revenge from last life sin.  I have spend years just doing these paperworks and feel like I am done with it and may head back to India soon. good luck.

I wrote a letter to USCIS Vermont waiver review section, to request them to find my case and receipt number. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, qingshuiyiju said:

I wrote a letter to USCIS Vermont waiver review section, to request them to find my case and receipt number. 

Did you send the letter by post or email?

18 minutes ago, qingshuiyiju said:

By post. I use the address on the top left of the recommendation letter by DOS.

I also have sent an letter to USCIS & I called them today & they said the same old story that they have not received my case & asked me to resubmit the favourable reco from DOS.

Has anyone got such response from USCIS ? is anyone planning to ask DOS to resubmit the favourable reco ?

25 minutes ago, ketanadkar said:

I also have sent an letter to USCIS & I called them today & they said the same old story that they have not received my case & asked me to resubmit the favourable reco from DOS.

Has anyone got such response from USCIS ? is anyone planning to ask DOS to resubmit the favourable reco ?

You also mailed a letter to waiver review section?

DOS said they already submitted recommendation on 12/21/2016 and they are not responsible now. What should we do?

9 minutes ago, qingshuiyiju said:

You also mailed a letter to waiver review section?

DOS said they already submitted recommendation on 12/21/2016 and they are not responsible now. What should we do?

I am not sure man .. USCIS has messed up applications after 12/20 it seems. I am really confused on what to do ... anyone knows DOS contact number ?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ketanadkar said:

I received a similar response from the USCIS. They could not locate my case. I have requested DOS (by email) to send the reco again, but no response yet.  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ketanadkar said:

I am not sure man .. USCIS has messed up applications after 12/20 it seems. I am really confused on what to do ... anyone knows DOS contact number ?

The waiver section in the DOS does not have a phone number. Email is the only way. I tried calling two times ended up in VISA section and they asked me to write an email enquiry  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On Sun Feb 26 2017 at 5:18 PM, IndoCali said:

Hi All,

I am also on the same page. My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/20/2016 (I received a copy of it) and haven't received the 'receipt notice' Notice of Action yet. I tried contacting DOS two times (by email) but no replies yet. I tried calling USCIS, they could find my H1-B petition using my last name/birth date but could not see anything related to I-612. The agent in USCIS informed me that it may take up to four months but he asked me to confirm with DOS that they have sent it to USCIS. Can someone please answer/confirm the followings

1. Does the DOS sends the recommendation to USCIS electronically? (I am concerned if there are no postal lost).

2. How do we receive the I-612 receipt (notice of action)? by email or by post. ( I may have to move out of my apartment, does USPS mail forwarding works for these 

Any updates? Did anyone contact congressman or planning to?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rohit said:

Any updates? Did anyone contact congressman or planning to?

No new updates. Nothing is happening. I sent a physical letter to USCIS to look for the application. 

Timeline
On February 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM, Rohit said:

Did not see any case received after December 14th

All,

an additional bad news. US suspends expedited processing of H-1B visas effective April 3rd.

here is the link https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/04/us/h1b-visa-premium-processing-suspended/index.html

Hi all!

I am in the same boat to most of people that have their letter sent out from the DOS on Dec 21, 2016 lot. And I have some updates in my case to share, hope you will receive an I797C soon in your mailbox.

To begin my story, like everyone here that has experienced that the letter from DOS from the lot didnt seem to make its way to the USCIS. I called USCIS twice, first time on Jan 25th and again on Feb 27th. An agent was unable to locate my document and asked me to be patient and wait. Then I decided to contact the Vermont location by email on Feb 28, which was Tuesday last week asking whether I should request the DOS to resend the letter as my fear was it ended up getting lost in a mailchain since the letter was sent out right before the holiday time. Anyway I had only a little hope that they will get to me as an autoreply that I received clearly stated that they will not answer questions regarding to nondelivery of receipt or expediting the process.

But today, I got an official reply from one of the USCIS officer that informed me that USCIS has recieved my letter on March 3rd with case number provided. That being said, I have not received the actual I797C form yet but I believe it will arrive soon. 

So I wish everyone best of luck here, since this seems like we are getting only a tiny step closure to the H1B visa, especially with a suspension of a premium processing that will be effective on April 3rd, I dont think that I can high hope onn when I will get that visa approved. 

From the point when a person receives the I797C to when the final approval is sent out, anyone has an idea of how long will that take?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.