ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I am also on the same page. My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/20/2016 (I received a copy of it) and haven't received the 'receipt notice' Notice of Action yet. I tried contacting DOS two times (by email) but no replies yet. I tried calling USCIS, they could find my H1-B petition using my last name/birth date but could not see anything related to I-612. The agent in USCIS informed me that it may take up to four months but he asked me to confirm with DOS that they have sent it to USCIS. Can someone please answer/confirm the followings

1. Does the DOS sends the recommendation to USCIS electronically? (I am concerned if there are no postal lost).

2. How do we receive the I-612 receipt (notice of action)? by email or by post. ( I may have to move out of my apartment, does USPS mail forwarding works for these mails)

Thanks   

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, IndoCali said:

Hi All,

I am also on the same page. My favorable recommendation was sent on 12/20/2016 (I received a copy of it) and haven't received the 'receipt notice' Notice of Action yet. I tried contacting DOS two times (by email) but no replies yet. I tried calling USCIS, they could find my H1-B petition using my last name/birth date but could not see anything related to I-612. The agent in USCIS informed me that it may take up to four months but he asked me to confirm with DOS that they have sent it to USCIS. Can someone please answer/confirm the followings

1. Does the DOS sends the recommendation to USCIS electronically? (I am concerned if there are no postal lost).

2. How do we receive the I-612 receipt (notice of action)? by email or by post. ( I may have to move out of my apartment, does USPS mail forwarding works for these mails)

Thanks   

I have a question here, can we file H1B when j1 waiver-no objection is in process with USCIS. What if the h1b is selected in lottery, will they issue RFE without I 612 waiver. Can you please let me know. I am thinking to file H1B this April but my attorney said to wait for final waiver 

I think DOS sends file in post to USCIS but I am not sure reg this . 

USCIS sends the notice of action in mail. Change your address with USCIS if you haven't moved at .

Timeline
14 hours ago, Rohit said:

I have a question here, can we file H1B when j1 waiver-no objection is in process with USCIS. What if the h1b is selected in lottery, will they issue RFE without I 612 waiver. Can you please let me know. I am thinking to file H1B this April but my attorney said to wait for final waiver 

I think DOS sends file in post to USCIS but I am not sure reg this . 

USCIS sends the notice of action in mail. Change your address with USCIS if you haven't moved at .

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your reply. I did file a H1-B petition but got the RFE to submit the final approval from USCIS. My H1-B is pending. I think waiting for the final waiver is a way to go.

I saw someone wrote that the USCIS sends recommendation electronically.

I do not have a receipt number yet, I am not sure if I can change the address with USCIS without the receipt number. 

1 hour ago, IndoCali said:

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your reply. I did file a H1-B petition but got the RFE to submit the final approval from USCIS. My H1-B is pending. I think waiting for the final waiver is a way to go.

I saw someone wrote that the USCIS sends recommendation electronically.

I do not have a receipt number yet, I am not sure if I can change the address with USCIS without the receipt number. 

Did you attach a copy of favorable recommendation from DOS when you file for H1B?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, qingshuiyiju said:

Did you attach a copy of favorable recommendation from DOS when you file for H1B?

Yes, That did not help. They need approved I-612.

Timeline

I am ready with the docs to file H1B, just waiting for final waier . if not I will attach the DOS fav  recommendation and send it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rohit said:

I am ready with the docs to file H1B, just waiting for final waier . if not I will attach the DOS fav  recommendation and send it. 

Give a try. Sometimes they do consider DOS recommendation and approve H1B.

Timeline

May be, But my attorney is asking me to wait till the final approval but still thinking what to do if not approved before april 1st

. did you apply H1B with DOS Fav Rec In any past filing

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rohit said:

for some reason documents sent to USCIS after 12/14/16 did not entered into system by USCIS. 

Thats the impression I got from this and another forum. Do you know if someone got an approved for documents sent in January ? 

Timeline
Just now, qingshuiyiju said:

Oh that's probably enough.

I am also ready to file for change of status. God bless us...

Yes.. J1 is a curse or may a revenge from last life sin.  I have spend years just doing these paperworks and feel like I am done with it and may head back to India soon. good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.