ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am writing here so that I can get some help in following up with USCIS for my J1 waiver. I have received favorable recommendation from DOS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything from USCIS yet. I havent received the receipt for the J1 waiver from USCIS yet. The worrying part is that when I call USCIS customer care number they tell me they dont know anything about DOS & the only form they understand is form I612 however my J1 waiver is based on no objection & I dont need to file for i612 , I also asked them to help search my receipt number however the response I get is my information is not yet in their system.

SO I am really getting concerned now as its been more than a month DOS has send a favorable recommendation to USCIS & till now there is no entry in USCIS system. So is there anyone sailing in the same boat ? are there people waiting for USCIS reply for getting their final J1 waiver & if yes how do we follow up with USCIS to find my J1 waiver application & if possible expedite the process.

3 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi All

I am writing here so that I can get some help in following up with USCIS for my J1 waiver. I have received favorable recommendation from DOS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything from USCIS yet. I havent received the receipt for the J1 waiver from USCIS yet. The worrying part is that when I call USCIS customer care number they tell me they dont know anything about DOS & the only form they understand is form I612 however my J1 waiver is based on no objection & I dont need to file for i612 , I also asked them to help search my receipt number however the response I get is my information is not yet in their system.

SO I am really getting concerned now as its been more than a month DOS has send a favorable recommendation to USCIS & till now there is no entry in USCIS system. So is there anyone sailing in the same boat ? are there people waiting for USCIS reply for getting their final J1 waiver & if yes how do we follow up with USCIS to find my J1 waiver application & if possible expedite the process.

Same situation. Recommendation sent on 12/21/2016. Call USCIS today once again but they cannot find my case. Could anyone who has a receipt number can help me check whether USCIS has received any cases between 12/20/2016 and 01/20/2017 by changing the last several digits of your receipt number?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My j1 waiver application was received by USCIS vermount center on December 13,2016 and I received i797 from USCIS stating my application is in process. Till today no update at all. Can you guys give the number I have to call for enquiring my case status. I am dialing 1800** but could not speak with any representative on phone. The automated voice I not give an option to speak with any one. 

7 minutes ago, Rohit said:

Any idea on processing time for vermount center for I-612 j1 waiver application . I applied under no objection.

ROhit

Atleast you got the receipt from USCIS that they received your waiver form. I have not received the receipt as well. You can call customer service & ask them what date application they are processing. However keep us updated once you get your waiver from USCIS.

Timeline

I am calling them on the number 18003755283 but the automated response do sent give an option of speaking to a person. Which number are you people calling to. 

8 hours ago, Rohit said:

I am calling them on the number 18003755283 but the automated response do sent give an option of speaking to a person. Which number are you people calling to. 

Rohit

we are calling the same number however you will get an option to talk with a person.

i will let you know the exact steps to follow when I call the next time

also dont quote me on this but you can file for h1b based on dos favourable recomendation.

but please consult a lawyer before

also can you please share your timelines so far ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ketanadkar said:

Rohit

we are calling the same number however you will get an option to talk with a person.

i will let you know the exact steps to follow when I call the next time

also dont quote me on this but you can file for h1b based on dos favourable recomendation.

but please consult a lawyer before

also can you please share your timelines so far ?

RecommendationSent                  December, 02 2016        

No Objection StatementReceivedNovember, 14 2016FeeReceivedNovember, 09 2016Form DS-3035ReceivedNovember, 09 2016Form DS-2019ReceivedNovember, 09 2016Passport Data PageReceivedNovember, 09 2016Statement Of ReasonReceivedNovember, 09 2016

Timeline

Recommendation                  Sent                     December, 02 2016

No Objection Statement        Received              November, 14 2016

Fee                                       Received               November, 09 2016

Form DS-3035                      Received               November, 09 2016

Form DS-2019                      Received                November, 09 2016

Passport Data Page              Received                November, 09 2016

Statement Of Reason           Received                November, 09 2016

received a Letter form DOS around 7th dec 16 stating my case was approved and recommendation sent to USCIS

Received i-797 receipt notice of action from USCIS on 16 th dec 2016 stating my case was received by them from the DOS office   

Timeline

I Contacted Vermont USCIS center and was informed that they are processing Oct 10,16 as of Nov 30,16 cases.

I asked for the expedite the process of my case and the person advised me, waiting is better than placing an expedite request( it seems it takes additional 2 months to process the request)

I could see the receipt numbers above and below me got approved who's cases received in the month of November, 3rd and 4th week and December 1st and 2 nd week. 

this is the latest info I have. People let me know if you have anything to share, Thanks

18 minutes ago, Rohit said:

I Contacted Vermont USCIS center and was informed that they are processing Oct 10,16 as of Nov 30,16 cases.

I asked for the expedite the process of my case and the person advised me, waiting is better than placing an expedite request( it seems it takes additional 2 months to process the request)

I could see the receipt numbers above and below me got approved who's cases received in the month of November, 3rd and 4th week and December 1st and 2 nd week. 

this is the latest info I have. People let me know if you have anything to share, Thanks

Can you see cases received in the 3rd or 4th week of December? 

Timeline

all i can see is Dec 14 is the last  I-612 received after that date i could not find any i-612 case as received and i can see from jan some application are approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.