verneforchat

President Trump is now speculating that the media is covering up terrorist attacks

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, bcking said:

Oh god. I think ultimately she'll make it through because all this "confirmation" business is so shallow these days. Only two Republicans see a problem with her appointment? Most know they have to just fall in line.

On the same token I saw an article pointing on the one person (or an example of one of them) who has voted "no" for every single cabinet member up for confirmation. Unless she had actual concerns with each and every single one I also don't think that is appropriate also. Just voting no because the person who appointed them is Trump is just as wrong as voting yes just because they are Trump's pick.

I felt there were a few that I had very few reservations about. I would have voted yes for those, and no for the ones that were too poorly chosen. It shouldn't be a "Yes to all" or "No to all".

Our legislature needs to bring nuance back.

Perhaps she was picked so that someone else other than Trump wasn't qualified for their job?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, smilesammich said:

now you've got major publications playing to the list, linking all their reporting to the stories. i wonder if this wasn't the effect bannon was after in having trump make those accusations..getting everyone to rehash particular violence that fits their agenda.

Trump has the media chasing their tail. He has been doing this since day one....and they fall for it ever time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bcking said:

Even if you ignore what she plans to do, she just lacks the experience and knowledge and her hearing demonstrated that.

Same with Dr. Carson. I don't care what he plans to do with the department, he just doesn't have the knowledge or background suitable for even discussing him as a potential choice. He operates on brains, and therefore he is qualified? I treat sick babies, but don't ask me to run a Federal Cabinet.

GOP does not care about her qualifications. They care about how much money she brings to their campaigns. 

Now that I think about it, GOP has never been in it for facts. Just propaganda and agenda. 

Edited by verneforchat

Just now, bcking said:

Even if you ignore what she plans to do, she just lacks the experience and knowledge and her hearing demonstrated that.

Same with Dr. Carson. I don't care what he plans to do with the department, he just doesn't have the knowledge or background suitable for even discussing him as a potential choice. He operates on brains, and therefore he is qualified? I treat sick babies, but don't ask me to run a Federal Cabinet.

if you read the commentary from trump regarding carson (made at the bhm 'little breakfast) trump definitely uses carson as a token. or course trump thinks carson will do great as hud secretary because he  carson is black and therefore knows how fix black ghettos and everyone knows hud exists to prop up black people living in ghettos. eye roll.

3 minutes ago, eieio said:

Trump has the media chasing their tail. He has been doing this since day one....and they fall for it ever time.

i haven't seen any tail chasing, i've seen articles with detailed timelines and corresponding reporting proving trump's statement inaccurate but that's about it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, verneforchat said:

GOP does not care about her qualifications. They care about how much money she brings to their campaigns. 

Now that I think about it, GOP has never been in it for facts. Just propaganda and agenda. 

GetFileAttachment?id=AQMkADAwATY3ZmYAZS1mNWQ3LWRkAGVjLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA%2Btfz3tDPvZKqjuKqUApbsQHAIf3uhI6HJFAp4UUdxHnmDgAAAIBDAAAAIf3uhI6HJFAp4UUdxHnmDgAAABQz1HEAAAAARIAEAAkj37xGTOMQ7B96gyUdclu&X-OWA-CANARY=hrxGbMoZ40WtjnSxXH39gsAU6lR7T9QYvuLSOBZEu5JiRwvNeJwEA7pLQL2aH51KacKRPLnYZzs.&token=d3127d68-5eb9-45fb-a4ae-ba706271facd&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Timeline
4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i haven't seen any tail chasing, i've seen articles with detailed timelines and corresponding reporting proving trump's statement inaccurate but that's about it.

How about "besides themselves" " freaking out" " losing their minds" ?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

2 minutes ago, eieio said:

That's 'beside themselves.'  Who taught you?  Betsy Devos?

Edited by Transborderwife

Just now, eieio said:

i think there was some initial shock concerning the utter ineptitude of trump to go toe to toe with truth and reality. but i think the media is learning quickly to let trump dig is own holes, he digs them so fast and so spectacularly. 

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

i think there was some initial shock concerning the utter ineptitude of trump to go toe to toe with truth and reality. but i think the media is learning quickly to let trump dig is own holes, he digs them so fast and so spectacularly. 

Quickly? A year and a half later:rofl:

Trust me they will never learn. They are incapable of it.

3 minutes ago, eieio said:

trump has been the so-called president for 18 days. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

Yep unlike some limited media who keep headline the same stuff day after day, majority of the media have been covering multiple topics instead of tail chasing. 

It's like Trump's lies really reawakened investigative journalism.

7 minutes ago, eieio said:

Trust me they will never learn. They are incapable of it.

If that is the only concern you have with the statement you quoted, then I think we are making progress.

Since you didn't comment it, I'll assume you agree with "utter ineptitude of trump to go toe to toe with truth and reality" and " let trump dig is own holes, he digs them so fast and so spectacularly."

Glad we are on the same page.