xmgirl

Now that I am new citizen, looking for the next job

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everybody

I just become naturalized one week ago, but before my oath ceremony I took a vacation to my home country and before that I left my old job. Right now I have been looking for a job but I am just thinking what documents I will have to be presenting when I am hired. I know I have to show my updated SSN, but do I need to have the US Passport as a form of evidence of US Citizenship?. I am just right now not ready to pay for the passport fee. What should I do?

You don't need to do anything than what you did before.  Now you can apply for jobs however, that are strictly for USC. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is the I9 form that employers use to verify eligibility for work. When you apply for a job you just have to present at a minimum any one of these. You should be getting a naturalization document in the mail that you can use. http://jobs.irs.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg-uploads/files/IRSDownloads/I-9EmploymentEligibilityVerification.pdf

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/6/2017 at 2:22 PM, Chardon Ne' said:

This is the I9 form that employers use to verify eligibility for work. When you apply for a job you just have to present at a minimum any one of these. You should be getting a naturalization document in the mail that you can use. http://jobs.irs.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg-uploads/files/IRSDownloads/I-9EmploymentEligibilityVerification.pdf

Not sure what naturalization document you would receive in the mail. You receive your naturalization certificate after taking the Oath at the Oath Ceremony. 

As a Citizen you really don't need to provide anything different than a permanent resident does. Drivers license and Social Security card is all that is needed. As long as that SS Card doesn't indicate you are not authorized for employment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.