Mstameka

Embassy holding on to people documents just because

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Today my husband went to the embassy to find out what is going on with his passport. He was not allowed in to the embassy again. The DHL office had to work out something for him to get in to the embassy. He waited at the embassy for at least 8 hours to talk to someone about his passport. Apparently there is a lady by the name of VERONICA who works at the embassy, she has been sitting and holding on to people medical exam saying that she does not have them, all though she signed for my husband medical exam on December 28, 2016. So now the DHL office is on her a** about telling people she doesn't not have there information when she clearly does. Now they have to located where she put my husband medical at. The DHL supervisor told my husband that they will take care of this situation asap. I am not sure why would she hold on to people documents

Timeline

I really wonder what is going on at that embassy.  There seems to be no accountability at all.  I got an email today where the writer just assumed something to be true, without knowing, and told me it COULD NOT HAVE Happened, when indeed it did happen - a reaffirmation on my husband's case.

Get your congressperson involved with everything with this embassy.  Someone higher up has to know what is going on there and how people are being treated in this shabby manner.   8 hours waiting?  She signed for it, how come now it disappears?  It's truly discouraging and frustrating, and I believe people higher up need to know what is going on at that embassy.

Timeline

I actually called and talk with the congress person last week. As of Friday know one responded to her. Yes he waited all day, and Veronica signed for the documents. This is just unacceptable. I kept telling my husband to go to the embassy, someone have to explain to you that you still don't have you passport, its been over a month. SMH

Timeline

It is ridiculous how these people treat our cases. 

But I hope that you will write a complaint letter to the Office of Inspector General  about this issue.

Maybe not mail it now but after your husband has his visa in hand (if you are uncomfortable with it).

If we all complained about the treatment we get at the embassy, our people would not be expected to be at the embassy at 7:30 am for an interview that takes place at 3 or 4 pm. And they would be more considerate to allow people to get some water to drink while they wait.

I have complained to OIG before and it might not be seen as a big deal but if more and more people complained, we wouldn't be going through this mess every single time.

Good luck to you and I hope you follow up on your case very closely since you now know what these people can do.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiancee went for the interview and was approved, checked the status of the visa and it states issued, i called to check if we could pick it up from DHL only to be told it shows he did not show up for the interview, has anyone experienced this kind of situation before? Am really worried 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.