21 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, I need an advice from you guys based on my wife case. Actually I filled I-130 form for my wife on August 2016, and it was approved on January 2017. I received message that my wife case has been sent to NVC. But I was surprised to receive the following message; 

Dear xxxxxx

The National Visa Center (NVC) received the immigrant visa petition filed by xxxxx  

xxxxx on behalf of xxxxx from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
However, your case is not currently eligible for further processing because there is an annual limit on the number
of immigrant visas that the Department of State can issue. For some visa categories, the wait could be many years.

This petition will be eligible for further processing when your priority date is earlier than the cut-off date for
your visa category. 

Visa Category...........................F2A - SPOUSES AND UNMARRIED CHILDREN OF PERMANENT
RES.

I need someone to help me analyse the above message.

Please can someone explain this to me and what does it mean bypriority date is earlier than the cut-off date for your visa category?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sounds pretty much like it says, "Not currently eligible for further processing because there is an annual limit on the number of immigrant visas".

Also, you are an LPR, not a USC correct?  For LPRs it can take 2 years about(maybe more even) before bringing of a spouse or family sometimes, where as it is about a year for USCs.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

at this moment NVC is working with priority date in april 15 2015 you still have about an other 8 months before your PD become current. and that only assuming that the visa bulletin keep moving one month at time. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, yaya2004 said:

at this moment NVC is working with priority date in april 15 2015 you still have about an other 8 months before your PD become current. and that only assuming that the visa bulletin keep moving one month at time. 

Meaning if your priority date is in April 2015 you gonna get a date for your interview right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's mainly because you are still a great card holder . There are limits to number software visas that are issued to people with green cards. You have no choice than to wait for your priority date. 

6 hours ago, Isokidd said:

Meaning if your priority date is in April 2015 you gonna get a date for your interview right?

Most april filer got their interview date already this month. Interview will be in march

Timeline
55 minutes ago, yaya2004 said:

Most april filer got their interview date already this month. Interview will be in march

So July 2015 fillers would probably be having their interview letters coming in in may right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An inappropriate post and quote of it have been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

17 hours ago, Isokidd said:

So July 2015 fillers would probably be having their interview letters coming in in may right?

if the visa bulletin move one. them yes, but it look that visa bulletin will only move 3 weeks. 

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Omg I became so sad reading your post we are in the same boat I also filed I-130 for my spous on august 2016 and got a letter on January 2017 it's says that my spous case has been sent to NVC for further processing and they have given me a 30 day wait time before contacting NVC was that same with you and then you got that you need to wait more or they mentioned it on your I -130 approval letter?

Edited by Mariam ahadi

Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 7:07 PM, yaya2004 said:

if the visa bulletin move one. them yes, but it look that visa bulletin will only move 3 weeks. 

Thanks 

Meaning when my priority date becomes current I'm gonna get an interview letter right? Because last year November 1 I had a letter stating that my case is complete and it's in queue awaiting for a visa number. My priority date is 31st July2015 .F2A category. Does it mean when my priority date becomes current I'm gonna get an interview date and when do you think my case would be current for an interview? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Isokidd said:

Thanks 

Meaning when my priority date becomes current I'm gonna get an interview letter right? Because last year November 1 I had a letter stating that my case is complete and it's in queue awaiting for a visa number. My priority date is 31st July2015 .F2A category. Does it mean when my priority date becomes current I'm gonna get an interview date and when do you think my case would be current for an interview? Thanks

Hey my PD is july 28,2015 the visa bulletin is predicted to move one month for the next couple of month if that true we can expect for PD to current in may. meaning interview will be in june.

example: 

in FEB MAY 8 THRU JUNE 8 will receive the interview date for april 

in MARCH JUNE 8 THRU JULY 8 will receive interview date for may 

in APRIL JULY 8 THRU AUG 8 will receive interview date for june. 

again that if the visa bulletin move up to one month in the upcomings months 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, yaya2004 said:

Hey my PD is july 28,2015 the visa bulletin is predicted to move one month for the next couple of month if that true we can expect for PD to current in may. meaning interview will be in june.

example: 

in FEB MAY 8 THRU JUNE 8 will receive the interview date for april 

in MARCH JUNE 8 THRU JULY 8 will receive interview date for may 

in APRIL JULY 8 THRU AUG 8 will receive interview date for june. 

again that if the visa bulletin move up to one month in the upcomings months 

Ohhh cool guess we are in this together 

lets keep in touch 

guess you're also in F2A category right?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 2/6/2017 at 0:25 PM, yaya2004 said:

Hi there u seem very much updated on the visa bulletin can u please please help me .my priority date is 11 may 2015 f2a category can u tell me when I should expect my appointment letter. ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.