verneforchat

Pelosi calls for probe of possible Russian blackmail of Trump

71 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Dear god man its just a joke it's not meant to have a point. A week at the beach and some Xanax perhaps 

A joke is more funny when it has some meaning behind it, or distorts reality in some way.

You could change the name with essentially anyone you don't like and it doesn't change anything. Therefore it's a poorly constructed joke.

I am going on Holiday tonight though :) not to a beach unfortunately.

Timeline
10 hours ago, bcking said:

Well I think the "Russian involvement" issue is not about changing the past outcome. I see two benefits for continuing to investigate it:

1. It is important to know whether Trump knew about their "involvement". Promising favors in return for Russian meddling would be a big deal I think. Of course the public may never been fully informed on this topic, but I think it is something that needs to be asked by someone. 

2. We should all want to make sure that Russian involvement in US elections never happens. it doesn't matter what the outcome is or who they are helping, their involvement is the problem.

As for a post on an immigration forum claiming that "Russia elected Trump". I can't defend that. While I admit I wasn't specific, I was speaking more broadly about the media, reporters, journalists talking about Russian involvement. I agree the idea that they flat out "elected him" is just silly. I think it is entirely possible that their meddling HELPED get him elected, but that doesn't mean they directly elected him. If you were specifically addressing that post and only that post then I apologize. 

People should be concerned with the allegations. The implications alone reaching much further than Hillary's email-gate...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Image may contain: text

OMG....ain't that the truth. Did you see the clip a few days ago when she was giving a rant and proclaimed she could not find a way to work with Trump.?Her "people" just looked at each other and let her ramble on.  

Edited by eieio

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
6 hours ago, eieio said:

OMG....ain't that the truth. Did you see the clip a few days ago when she was giving a rant and proclaimed she could not find a way to work with Trump.?Her "people" just looked at each other and let her ramble on.  

You mean when she said she can't work with Bush? lol

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Dakine10 said:

There is no precedent here. There has not been another presidential candidate who has ever done this, so what many lawyers suggest to many clients is beside the point really. No one forced Trump to run for president, and if he has skeletons in his closet, he is fortunate to have supporters who don't hold him accountable for anything and are ready to come up with excuses for him at every turn.

Whether he releases the returns or not, either way will show Trump to be a liar, and that's not something we really require any more evidence for. 

You made my point, no matter what he does, people that are against him at all cost will say he is lying regardless. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

You made my point, no matter what he does, people that are against him at all cost will say he is lying regardless. 

well statistics are with trump-haters on that one..

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I really didn't make your point Bill. Trump is a huge fat liar. There is no contention to that point. The reason people will say he's lying regardless is because he's always lying. For your next point, you might as well just say the sky is blue.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

28 minutes ago, Dakine10 said:

I really didn't make your point Bill. Trump is a huge fat liar. There is no contention to that point. The reason people will say he's lying regardless is because he's always lying. For your next point, you might as well just say the sky is blue.

still the American public trust Trump more than the media 

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

that isn't saying much. i might not trust the media, but i still have the ability to do my own investigating and make my own conclusions on the what the media puts out there. those that trust trump OVER the media, are trump supporters and they are not the majority. how questions are asked in polls matter. go to the source for more than a headline.

America Trusts Trump More Than Media, Oppose DeVos for Education Secretary

February 7, 2017

BOSTON, MA – The first poll of Emerson College’s Spring 2017 semester shows the nation is split on Donald Trump’s performance as President so far with 48% of registered voters approving of the job that Trump is doing, versus 47% that disapprove. Republicans approve of Trump 89%/5%, while Democrats disapprove of the President by a margin of 81% to 17%. Trump’s failure to pass the 50% threshold for approval can be accredited to his standing among independents, who disapprove of him 52%/42%.

A key finding of the poll shows that voters find the Trump administration to be more truthful than the news media. The Trump administration is considered truthful by 49% of voters, to 48% of voters who consider it untruthful. Meanwhile, the news media is considered untruthful by a 53%-majority of registered voters, to only 39% who find them truthful (a 14-point gap). Numerous members of the Trump administration – including Trump himself – have been criticized frequently for making false statements. The partisan split on this topic is clear – 89% of Republicans find the Trump administration truthful, versus 77% of Democrats who find the administration untruthful. Conversely, 69% of Democrats find the news media truthful, while a whopping 91% of Republicans consider them untruthful. Independents consider both untruthful – the Trump administration by a margin of 42%/52% and the news media by a margin of 45%/47%.

Trump’s nomination of GOP mega-donor Betsy DeVos for Secretary of Education is opposed by a majority, 51%, of registered voters. Only 34% of registered voters support DeVos’ nomination to the cabinet post, while roughly 15% remain undecided on the controversial nominee. DeVos’ nomination is opposed by voters who attended both public and private school, but voters who attended public school – of which DeVos’ is a strong opponent – oppose her nomination by a significant 19-point margin, 32%/51%. Voters who attended private school also oppose DeVos’ nomination, but by a smaller 11-point margin, 42%/51%.

Trump’s other high-profile nominees are more popular among voters. Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions is supported by 45% of registered voters versus 40% who oppose him. Newly confirmed Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has the support of 48% of voters, to only 33% who oppose him, a 15-point margin of support. Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, is supported by voters 52%/32%.

Similarly, voters prefer Gorsuch to former Obama nominee Merrick Garland by a 10-point margin, 39%/29%, though 14% of voters indicated that they would prefer somebody else altogether. 18% of Democrats side with Gorsuch, versus 8% of Republicans who side with Garland. Independents are evenly split between the two – each judge receives 28% support from independent voters, while 26% of independents want somebody else.

Kellyanne Conway, a frequent face of the administration on television who recently made headlines by coining the phrase “alternative facts,” holds a favorability ratio of 39%/45%, a net favorability of -6%. Significantly less popular is Steve Bannon, a controversial figure in the administration who is viewed favorably by only 34% of voters, while 47% view him unfavorably – a net favorability of -13%.

Trump does not yet appear to be a drag on Republican congressional candidates. In a hypothetical match-up for the next congressional election, a generic Democrat beats a generic Republican by a slim, 2-point margin, 48%/46%. The generic Democrat currently has the edge with independents by an 18-point margin, 54%/36%. However, Republicans have been able to keep the race close due to a lack of party unity on the Democratic side – 12% of Democrats currently say they will vote for a generic Republican, versus only 4% of Republicans who say they will vote for a generic Democrat.

CALLER ID

The national Emerson College poll was conducted February 5-6 under the Supervision of Professor Spencer Kimball. The sample consisted of only registered voters, n=617, with a margin of error (MOE) of +/- 3.9 percentage points. The national data was weighted by 2016 election results, gender, party affiliation, race, age and region. It is important to remember that subsets based on gender, age, party breakdown and school carry with them higher margins of error, as the sample size is reduced. Data was collected using an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system of landlines only.

http://www.theecps.com/

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Speak for yourself on that one. I'm not pretending to have a lot of trust in the media either, but I heard the sure fire way you can tell if Trump is lying is to watch and see if his lips are moving. 

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

You say that like it is something to be proud of.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

4 hours ago, smilesammich said:

that isn't saying much. i might not trust the media, but i still have the ability to do my own investigating and make my own conclusions on the what the media puts out there. those that trust trump OVER the media, are trump supporters and they are not the majority. how questions are asked in polls matter. go to the source for more than a headline.

America Trusts Trump More Than Media, Oppose DeVos for Education Secretary

February 7, 2017

BOSTON, MA – The first poll of Emerson College’s Spring 2017 semester shows the nation is split on Donald Trump’s performance as President so far with 48% of registered voters approving of the job that Trump is doing, versus 47% that disapprove. Republicans approve of Trump 89%/5%, while Democrats disapprove of the President by a margin of 81% to 17%. Trump’s failure to pass the 50% threshold for approval can be accredited to his standing among independents, who disapprove of him 52%/42%.

A key finding of the poll shows that voters find the Trump administration to be more truthful than the news media. The Trump administration is considered truthful by 49% of voters, to 48% of voters who consider it untruthful. Meanwhile, the news media is considered untruthful by a 53%-majority of registered voters, to only 39% who find them truthful (a 14-point gap). Numerous members of the Trump administration – including Trump himself – have been criticized frequently for making false statements. The partisan split on this topic is clear – 89% of Republicans find the Trump administration truthful, versus 77% of Democrats who find the administration untruthful. Conversely, 69% of Democrats find the news media truthful, while a whopping 91% of Republicans consider them untruthful. Independents consider both untruthful – the Trump administration by a margin of 42%/52% and the news media by a margin of 45%/47%.

Trump’s nomination of GOP mega-donor Betsy DeVos for Secretary of Education is opposed by a majority, 51%, of registered voters. Only 34% of registered voters support DeVos’ nomination to the cabinet post, while roughly 15% remain undecided on the controversial nominee. DeVos’ nomination is opposed by voters who attended both public and private school, but voters who attended public school – of which DeVos’ is a strong opponent – oppose her nomination by a significant 19-point margin, 32%/51%. Voters who attended private school also oppose DeVos’ nomination, but by a smaller 11-point margin, 42%/51%.

Trump’s other high-profile nominees are more popular among voters. Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions is supported by 45% of registered voters versus 40% who oppose him. Newly confirmed Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has the support of 48% of voters, to only 33% who oppose him, a 15-point margin of support. Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, is supported by voters 52%/32%.

Similarly, voters prefer Gorsuch to former Obama nominee Merrick Garland by a 10-point margin, 39%/29%, though 14% of voters indicated that they would prefer somebody else altogether. 18% of Democrats side with Gorsuch, versus 8% of Republicans who side with Garland. Independents are evenly split between the two – each judge receives 28% support from independent voters, while 26% of independents want somebody else.

Kellyanne Conway, a frequent face of the administration on television who recently made headlines by coining the phrase “alternative facts,” holds a favorability ratio of 39%/45%, a net favorability of -6%. Significantly less popular is Steve Bannon, a controversial figure in the administration who is viewed favorably by only 34% of voters, while 47% view him unfavorably – a net favorability of -13%.

Trump does not yet appear to be a drag on Republican congressional candidates. In a hypothetical match-up for the next congressional election, a generic Democrat beats a generic Republican by a slim, 2-point margin, 48%/46%. The generic Democrat currently has the edge with independents by an 18-point margin, 54%/36%. However, Republicans have been able to keep the race close due to a lack of party unity on the Democratic side – 12% of Democrats currently say they will vote for a generic Republican, versus only 4% of Republicans who say they will vote for a generic Democrat.

CALLER ID

The national Emerson College poll was conducted February 5-6 under the Supervision of Professor Spencer Kimball. The sample consisted of only registered voters, n=617, with a margin of error (MOE) of +/- 3.9 percentage points. The national data was weighted by 2016 election results, gender, party affiliation, race, age and region. It is important to remember that subsets based on gender, age, party breakdown and school carry with them higher margins of error, as the sample size is reduced. Data was collected using an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system of landlines only.

http://www.theecps.com/

Thanks for posting that for me . ...:)