Dazzelz

Card Returned Undeliverable

31 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I've only recently (found out we can do this and) checked my Green Card case status online and have received the following: 

On January 10, 2017, the Post Office returned your new card for Receipt Number IOE**********, to us as undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you provide to us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My address is correct. In fact, my husbands' uncle and his family who've immigrated on a family based visa have all received their Green Card on the mail (same address) with no issues.  

I’ve called USCIS and they have confirmed that it’s currently with them so they have initiated a new Service Request to have this resent.

I really do not wish to miss this a second time, so guys, any advice will be really helpful.

Also, can anyone please let me know how/when I can obtain the USPS tracking number when it’s resent and what timescales are we looking at?

Thank you!!

I don't know what would you expect others to say on an address issue with USPS.

I am sure you checked the address many times but I would suggest you to go and check it letter by letter.  If you have the zip+4 digits even check that out as well.  I don't see why the only thing that fails to deliver to your address is your Green Card just don't make any sense.  Can you also check with your local post office as well?

good luck with the next delivery

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The post office may have had the letter stuck to the back of another one many things could have occurred but check with local post office as they will look for it coming in if it's not mega city your postal workers get to know their people and watch for your mail 

On Sun Feb 12 2017 at 7:45 AM, Jenilyn and Awal said:

The post office may have had the letter stuck to the back of another one many things could have occurred but check with local post office as they will look for it coming in if it's not mega city your postal workers get to know their people and watch for your mail 

Hey! :) I figured that could have been a possibility including many other factors. But as USCIS has confirmed that card is with them I guess it didn't get lost in the post. Just that they failed to deliver it on that occasion. I didn't have my name printed on the mailbox (regret not doing that). Now I've got that done too. Keeping a hawks eye on my mail now lol. 

On Sat Feb 11 2017 at 9:56 AM, hellraiser said:

I don't know what would you expect others to say on an address issue with USPS.

I am sure you checked the address many times but I would suggest you to go and check it letter by letter.  If you have the zip+4 digits even check that out as well.  I don't see why the only thing that fails to deliver to your address is your Green Card just don't make any sense.  Can you also check with your local post office as well?

good luck with the next delivery

Hey :)  thanks for the advice. 

Oh yeah, checked over and over again to ensure its correct. Didn't have my name on, so I've now done that. I have also received this.. Rather vague email when I've initiated a service request for my green card to be resent. 

We have received your service request regarding your Permanent Resident Card. On February 06, 2017, your card was produced and mailed to the address on record at that time. However, the post office returned it to us as undeliverable.

Please be sure that you are registered to receive mail at the address listed. Your name must be currently on the mailbox. Keep the U.S. Postal Service informed as to whom resides at your address, especially when people with different last names receive mail at a specified address. If you change your address in the future, please contact customer service at the number below.

Note:

The address you provided is not recognized by the US Postal Service as an address we serve. Mail sent to this address may be returned.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

FINISH 

Now they really haven't confirmed anything about redelivering my Green card. Should I wait or call them and ask what's up. Calling them is sometimes frustrating cause it would seem they hardly can see any information on what's going on. (or they make it out to be like that) 

BTW I do have a post code with some extra 4 numbers. 

Many thanks you guys. Keep the advice coming in. I'll keep you all posted. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You know I don't have my name in my box either! I don't think there's a spot on the box that I k ow of, we have a community of boxes together now so looks like a post office box

2 minutes ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

You know I don't have my name in my box either! I don't think there's a spot on the box that I k ow of, we have a community of boxes together now so looks like a post office box

Lol yeah ours kinda looks like that too, my husbands' uncle and his cousins didn't have their names on either and it was okay, sigh. Otherwise, there'd be way too many people to list on the mailbox. I'm also wondering how I can get myself registered to my address because the forms online for registering address are for people moving address within the United States. 

Seems like I have missed my card that was re-sent on Feb 6th (after re-reading their service request outcome). :( 

My husband and I will head to our Post Office a second time tomorrow to talk about this. 

Spoke to a Level 2 officer and they have confirmed the address they have on record. Guess what? It was incorrect (Different city, state and everything). Had that changed, so now I wait for it to be re-sent ... again.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

No sign of my card yet. I have asked Texas Service Centre (TSC) where my service request was made. I haven't received any form of communication since the service request made on 15th Feb. 

They have gotten back to me advising:

Thank you for your inquiry.  Our records indicate that you placed an inquiry with National Customer Service Center (NCSC) on February 15, 2017, and a resolution was provided for this case on F28, 2017.  The response states:

“We have received your service request regarding your Permanent Resident Card. On January 4, 2017, your card was produced and on January 5, 2017, it was mailed to the address on record at that time. However, the post office returned it to us as undeliverable. We have requested your card be re-mailed to the provided address. Please allow 90 days for delivery.

Please be sure that you are registered to receive mail at the address listed. Your name must be currently on the mailbox. Keep the U.S. Postal Service informed as to whom resides at your address, especially when people with different last names receive mail at a specified address. If you change your address in the future, please contact customer service at the number below.

So now what? Does this mean that they are resending to the address that was revised? (They haven't confirmed that) This is getting extremely frustrating. I can't imagine waiting 90 days only to know that it's back to square 1. 

I have now booked an infopass appointment for the 14th. Hopefully they can shed light to the following:

1. What address are they sending to this time?
2. Tracking number (if they've mailed it out).

Not happy I'll have to go through this for the ROC :(

Update

Infopass appointment was the right way to go as it was never an issue with the delivery. They have confirmed that the state and city were indeed wrong and my service request for the 15th Feb corrected the address. They issued a tracking number and everything. The staff at my local USCIS office were super helpful and are higher clearance officers than compared to the peeps we call. 

Green Card in hand now :D Yayyyyyyyyyy

• 9 months later...

My name is Abraão , I live to YMCA , in Portland ME . I moved for other room because of the ceiling fell down , end then that happened 

December 19, 2017, the Post Office returned your new card for Receipt Number SRC***************** to us as undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you provide to us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address

I updated my adress for the new room and requested to the card be resent to me . The USCIS told me to allow 60 days for delivery . I’m frustrated . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.