bike4life

I-130 for Father, I was born out of wedlock Legitimated

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello Everyone, Thank you for reading this post.

I am a USA citizen and i am now thinking about petitioning my dad. I was born out of wedlock and my parents never married. However, my birth certificate does have BOTH of my parents names in it. Could my birth certificate be use as evidence that I was legitimated before turning 18th? Do i need to submit anything else|

Thank you very much,

My father. I was born out of wedlock and legitimated:

ball.gif If you are applying to bring your father to the United States to live and you were born out of wedlock and were legitimated by your father before your 18th birthday and while you were unmarried, you must file the following with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (please note: if you have been legally adopted, you may not petition for your birth parent):

ball.gif Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (if you are filing for both parents, you must file a separate petition for each parent)
     ball.gif A copy of your birth certificate showing your name
     ball.gif If you were not born in the U.S., a copy of either
     ball.gif Your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
     ball.gif Your U.S. passport
     ball.gif Evidence that you were legitimated before your 18th birthday through
          A. the marriage of your birth parents, or
          B. the laws of the state or country where you live, or
          C. the laws of the state or country where your father lives
     ball.gif If anyone’s name has been legally changed (differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be provided.

Hi,

I am also petitioning for my father and was born out of wedlock. I am including my birth certificate and the laws of both Mexico and California regarding the legitimacy portion. I am also including my baptism certificate, photos of my father with me as a child, and letters he sent when my parents separated. 

• 2 years later...

I know this topic is old, but is there an update on the case you filed for your father?

On 2/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, macujum said:

Hi,

I am also petitioning for my father and was born out of wedlock. I am including my birth certificate and the laws of both Mexico and California regarding the legitimacy portion. I am also including my baptism certificate, photos of my father with me as a child, and letters he sent when my parents separated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. Both poster have not been back in 3 years.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.