Penguin_ie

Trump's published Immigration policies MEGATHREAD

641 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, John Mercury said:

GC holder are classified as alien residents 

Exactly - this is why Trump needs to better explain his intention with the EO. There is no distinction in the order between resident and non-resident aliens.

AOS: Applied 9/16/13 - Approved 1/18/14 (122 days)

6/28/2013 - DOMA struck down!
7/21/2013 - Married
9/16/2013 - AOS package mailed (I-130/I-485/I-765)
9/24/2013 -(day 06)Texts/Emails received
9/24/2013 -(day 06)Check cashed
9/27/2013 -(day 09)Hardcopy NOAs received in mail (x3)
9/30/2013 -(day 12)Biometrics Appointment Notice I-797c
10/04/2013 -Successful biometrics walk-in
11/19/2013 -(day 62)Online status changed to Testing & Interview
11/21/2013 -(day 64)EAD approval/card production ordered (2 emails)
11/29/2013 -(day 72)EAD arrived
12/16/2013 -(day 89)Hard-copy of interview notice arrived
01/16/2014 -(day120)AOS Interview - Approved!!
01/18/2014 -(day122)Email stating I-485 card production ordered (8:15am)
01/22/2014 -(day126)Emails stating I-130/I-485 approval notices sent
01/27/2014 -(day131)Green Card arrived along with hard copies of I-130 and I-485 approval notices

ROC:

10/19/2015 - I-751 package mailed

10/21/2015 - Package received by USCIS

10/22/2015 - NOA (received in the mail 10/26/2015 check cashed 10/27/2015)

11/07/2015 - Received Biometrics appointment notice (dated 10/31/2015)

11/18/2015 - Biometrics appointment

08/31/2016 - Online status changed to new card ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so are I-130 and other in process applications cancelled from these countries by USCIS ??

i wonder if USCIS will give a statement soon.

This is only going to get ugly i am pretty sure...

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove prohibited, intentionally misspelled word

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lazybones18 said:

so are I-130 and other in process applications cancelled from these countries by USCIS ??

They may very well be cancelled. While Trump has only cancelled "entry" for nationals from these countries, per immigration law, you cannot ISSUE a visa to any national barred from entering the United States. It stands to reasons applications from these countries will be suspended.

Is a pending I-485 or I-130 not included in this statement?

Sec. 3. Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern(a) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall immediately conduct a review to determine the information needed from any country to adjudicate any visa, admission, or other benefit under the INA (adjudications) in order to determine that the individual seeking the benefit is who the individual claims to be and is not a security or public-safety threat.

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Timeline
Just now, agripa said:

They may very well be cancelled. While Trump has only cancelled "entry" for nationals from these countries, per immigration law, you cannot ISSUE a visa to any national barred from entering the United States. It stands to reasons applications from these countries will be suspended.

But Visa's are issued by the local embassy.... applications could very well be still processed by USCIS and approved/sent to local embassies ... but no visa's being issued

And to add to this some had been saying that there was no way greencard holders would be refused entry. Seems like that is true (that they will be denied entry) it clears it up in this paragraph.

(c) To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order (excluding those foreign nationals traveling on diplomatic visas, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visas, C-2 visas for travel to the United Nations, and G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 visas).

Edited by sausa

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, lazybones18 said:

"But the document says exceptions to most restrictions could be made on a case-by-case basis. "

Yup. That's what the first two sections of Part 3 in EO refer to. The Secretary of State/DHS will review security procedures in ALL countries and in 30 days report back which countries are NOT providing sufficient information to adjudicate an application. So in 30 days more countries may yet be added to this list. 

To me it is kinda tactics, it is my assumption though. US government knows for sure that a country like Iran will not provide any information for US immigrants. Iran and US do not even have diplomatic relationships. So, they know they cannot stop immigration visa for those 7 countries. Specifically they cannot tell US citizens not to bring and meet their wives or their close relatives. It is against human rights and US is #1 country for following human rights. Hope, I made my point.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John Mercury said:

To me it is kinda tactics, it is my assumption though. US government knows for sure that a country like Iran will not provide any information for US immigrants. Iran and US do not even have diplomatic relationships. So, they know they cannot stop immigration visa for those 7 countries. Specifically they cannot tell US citizens not to bring and meet their wives or their close relatives. It is against human rights and US is #1 country for following human rights. Hope, I made my point.

These are not tactics... this is what trump wants, period. dont be optimistic

He said this throughout his campaign and is doing it.

this is only going to get worse

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Week 1. Put this out on a Friday evening with no explanation. Only story that is covering potential impact on green card holders is here: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-order-blocks-green-card-visa-holders-airports-article-1.2957910?cid=bitly, but I'm waiting to see more. It's only going to get worse.

My wife is not affected as a GC holder from a non-affected country, but what's stopping her being denied entry for no reason in the future? Makes us seriously start considering options to move elsewhere.

2014/05/19: Marriage:

2015/06/22: 130 Sent: - USC filing from abroad

2015/06/25: NOA 1

2015/07/17: Petitioner returned to US for new job

2015/08/18: NOA 2:

2015/08/31: NVC Received

2015/09/17: Case number assigned

2015/09/18: Submitted DS-261

2015/09/18: Paid AOS fee

2015/09/28: Mailed AOS and IV Package

2015/09/29: AOS/IV Package scan date

2015/09/30: Received IV fee bill via email

2015/10/02: Paid IV bill

2015/10/05: Submitted DS-260

2015/10/27: Case Complete

2015/11/13: Interview date assigned (12/16)

2015/12/16: Interview (Approved!)

whatever this is he CANNOT prevent US citizens to be with their families. I am not optimistic, my wife is also in the process of immigration visa. Remember, these are EOs and for putting hold on procedures. These are not laws. It might affect people for a period of time. But in order to make them law for issuing visa it needs to through congress. Immigration is a US federal law. it cannot be changed that easy.

Timeline
Just now, John Mercury said:

whatever this is he CANNOT prevent US citizens to be with their families. I am not optimistic, my wife is also in the process of immigration visa. Remember, these are EOs and for putting hold on procedures. These are not laws. It might affect people for a period of time. But in order to make them law for issuing visa it needs to through congress. Immigration is a US federal law. it cannot be changed that easy.

I am getting married next thursday to my fiance in Pakistan... i am more concerned than ever myself ... just hope for the best but prepare for the worst ...

FYI

"Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power."

1 minute ago, lazybones18 said:

I am getting married next thursday to my fiance in Pakistan... i am more concerned than ever myself ... just hope for the best but prepare for the worst ...

FYI

"Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress. The President's source of authority to issue Executive Orders can be found in the Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution which grants to the President the "executive Power."

I am concern too my friend. My wife is also in the process. I am aware of that definition of EO. Google gives it to you. However, Immigration laws are hard to change. What they are doing is to find out how they can interview people in a way that they can be sure bad people are not coming to the US. processing of issuing visa will be harder, but they cannot eliminate it. Mostly they are more concerned with Interview waiving program.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The crazy things is that the justification is the September 11 attacks; however, the attackers were:

• 15 from Saudi Arabia
  • 2 from the UAE
  • 1 from Egypt
  • 1 from Lebanon

The countries on the list are not any of the countries where the Sept. 11 terrorists were from.  Shockingly poor justification.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.