Penguin_ie

Trump's published Immigration policies MEGATHREAD

641 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, codon1 said:

So, I am a green card holder and I have a flight next week, My country is one of those deemed "dangerous". Should I be worried now ?!! Anyone ? 

There has no been a SINGLE order that would deny entry to the US by LEGAL residents!!  My God!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

There has no been a SINGLE order that would deny entry to the US by LEGAL residents!!  My God!!

This was in the draft "other immigration benifts to nationals of countries of particular concern".  

Capture.JPG

Does the extreme vetting mentioned in one of the linked articles only pertain to refugees and immigrants coming from the countries listed (Syria, Yemen, et.)? 

How do you all think these provisions will affect the visa process in the next few months 3-5? Are we to expect a slowing down of the petition approvals? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

oh brother !!!

I am a US citizen and tax payer... getting married to a girl in pakistan next Sunday .... this is going to get ugly 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

His choice of countries (regardless of whether ones agrees with that order or not) is very interesting. I wonder why the ones that were harboring true terrorists were not included.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, kzielu said:

His choice of countries (regardless of whether ones agrees with that order or not) is very interesting. I wonder why the ones that were harboring true terrorists were not included.

he does what he wants...

25 minutes ago, agripa said:

If you are a citizen of Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Libya, and Somalia:

Regardless of whatever visa you might have (IR1, CR1, K1, B2), you will not be allowed to enter the United States for the next 90 days. What does this mean for existing visa applications? Hard to say, but it seems very likely that they will be held up or delayed.

If you are a already permenant resident and a national of one of these countries, does that affect you? 

Edited by codon1

2 hours ago, agripa said:

The official order has been signed and released to the press. You can view a copy here.

The following has now been CONFIRMED and OFFICIALLY signed by President Trump. Here are highlights -

1. Immigrant and non-immigrants from Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Libya, and Somalia will be banned from entering the United States for 90 days starting today. 
  2. The Secretary of Homeland Security will review "security procedures" in ALL countries to see if they provide enough information to adjudicate a visa application. Countries which DO not provide enough information will have 60 days to begin providing such information. If at that time they do NOT provide enough information, these countries will be added to the ban list (i.e., immigrants and non-immigrants from this country will not be allowed into the United States).
  3. The Secretary of State along with the FBI director and Secretary of Homeland Security have to implement a NEW screening program for ALL visa applications. This NEW screening program must include - an in-person interview, a database to make sure that duplicated documents aren't provided, NEW forms to weed out frauds, as well as make sure that the applicant will be a contributing member of American society, and make sure that the applicant isn't a terrorist.

What does this all mean for IR1/CR1 and K1 applicants?

If you are a citizen of Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Libya, and Somalia:

Regardless of whatever visa you might have (IR1, CR1, K1, B2), you will not be allowed to enter the United States for the next 90 days. What does this mean for existing visa applications? Hard to say, but it seems very likely that they will be held up or delayed.

If you are from another country:

Within 30 days a new list of "problem" countries may be released. These countries will be ones which were found not to provide "sufficient" information (whatever the hell that means) to adjudicate a visa petition. Such countries will have 60 days to "fix" these problems and if they don't they will also join the banned list.

On top of all this a new screening program has been ordered to start. It's hard to say what exactly it will mean for existing applications or even when/if it may be implemented (a lot of what's being asked for seems to already exist). But this NEW screening program will apply to people of ALL countries (whatever it is and whenever it may start). 

I skimmed the EO which Trump signed few hours ago. There is nowhere it mentions Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Libya, and Somalia. At least what I read I guess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, kzielu said:

His proposed list does not include Muslim-majority countries where the Trump Organization has done business or pursued potential deals. Properties include golf courses in the United Arab Emirates and two luxury towers operating in Turkey. Not sure if that's entirely why some are included and some are not, but that's what can be seen when you follow the money.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John Mercury said:

Also, I need to mention that the main concern is interview Visa Waiver Program

It cancels the visa interview waiver program, which allows repeat visitors to forgo an interview. They will now have to undergo an interview. It's not the visa waiver program.

9 minutes ago, John Mercury said:

I skimmed the EO which Trump signed few hours ago. There is nowhere it mentions Yemen, Sudan, Iran, Libya, and Somalia. At least what I read I guess.

i believe these countries are what the order describes as "countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA [Immigration and Nationality Act], 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12).

8 minutes ago, John Mercury said:

Also, I need to mention that the main concern is interview Visa Waiver Program

You need to bold the interview part.

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

Just now, Mme D said:

It cancels the visa interview waiver program, which allows repeat visitors to forgo an interview. They will now have to undergo an interview. It's not the visa waiver program.

i believe these countries are what the order describes as "countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA [Immigration and Nationality Act], 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12).

that is what I meant, "visa interview waiver program".

Iran is kinda in a gray (my own word) list. They do not know if it is yes or no for Iran. (based on my best of knowledge, not 100% sure. I am Iranian -American myself)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.