sandiego2013

After Entire Year on AP the Embassy need more Documents.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have received a strange email from the embassy yesterday morning, and basically they requested the following items from us after being in AP for whole entire year since Jan 2016. So would you please tell us what's those requirements means and how to obtain them. However, they required us to send them via email.

- Travel history. 

- Marital status. 

- Family registry history.

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandiego2013 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have received a strange email from the embassy yesterday morning, and basically they requested the following items from us after being in AP for whole entire year since Jan 2016. So would you please tell us what's those requirements means and how to obtain them. However, they required us to send them via email.

- Travel history. 

- Marital status. 

- Family registry history.

Thank you

Travel History :

- any travel between you both , to Egypt or To USA with boarding pass and passport stamps in airports , hotel reservations, any bills paid during that travel, pictures during these visits. 

Marital status: "hope one of the older members of VJ would answer that one too"

Copy of your marriage certificate ? think thats it . and if you both have commingling finance that would be plus.

Family registry history:

Your Husband will need to go to Abbasya " the central office of civil documents in Egypt" المركز الرئيسي

they will take his birth certificate " copy" & Copy of your Bio page from your US passport & Copy of your Marriage certificate and it they will issue him Family registry history with in a week.  that paper show any Egyptian history of marriage and divorce and having kids or not.

hope that answer cleared some info to you, and hope other members answer you too. 

CR-1 Visa Journey

USCIS: Done

NVC: Done

Embassy : Interview Stage..

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

Card in Hand : Done

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

SMS Text Received >> 1/14/2019

Received biometric schedule letter >> 1/26/2109

Timeline

Is that necessary to add the current marriage to the Family Registry Certificate? Specially our marriage certificate obtained from Court in Houston TX.

Thank you

Timeline

Yes, ask for family register history means they want to see previous marriages and current and having kids or not. He can add marriage happened outside Egypt easily . He needs to go to the Central civil document center and do all that there it will take couple of weeks. Good luck

CR-1 Visa Journey

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

Timeline

How long usually the embassy will take to finalize the process after sending those requirements, specially the case being on AP since Jan 2016, Also they don't have my passport and they ask me to send those requirements via email.

Thanks

Timeline

i dont really know how they do it in Embassy or how long it will take no one can tell!

CR-1 Visa Journey

Interview DONE

POE  DONE

** ROC *****

NBC 

Sending File >> 1/7/2019

File received>> 1/9/2019

Timeline

I just check my case status today it says updated on 18th which same day they sent me that email. Also I found that the DS260 Re-opend, what's thats mean.

Timeline
On 20/01/2017 at 5:36 AM, sandiego2013 said:

Is that necessary to add the current marriage to the Family Registry Certificate? Specially our marriage certificate obtained from Court in Houston TX.

Thank you

Did you marry in a US City Hall or at the Egyptian consulate there?  Because here in Egypt the government won't acknowledge the marriage unless you have it registered in the US consulate there?  I married in the City Hall and had to have it stamped from the Egyptian consulate to get it registered in the Egyptian department of justice. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mikeadam said:

Did you marry in a US City Hall or at the Egyptian consulate there?  Because here in Egypt the government won't acknowledge the marriage unless you have it registered in the US consulate there?  I married in the City Hall and had to have it stamped from the Egyptian consulate to get it registered in the Egyptian department of justice. 

Yes we did married in Harries County City Court in Houston TX. My question is, the embassy requesting the Family Registry Certificate which has the previous marriage and kids, however, my current wife and my American kids not listed and register in Egypt. So is it a problem to provide the embassy with the certificate with out current wife and kids listed?

Thank you

Timeline
12 hours ago, sandiego2013 said:

Yes we did married in Harries County City Court in Houston TX. My question is, the embassy requesting the Family Registry Certificate which has the previous marriage and kids, however, my current wife and my American kids not listed and register in Egypt. So is it a problem to provide the embassy with the certificate with out current wife and kids listed?

Thank you

Ah OK. Now I got the story.  When they ask for your family registration they ask to make sure that you don't have a current wife now and didn't have an ex wife in Egypt when you married your ex wife in America.  So to make sure that you didn't commit fraud as the American law prohibits polygamy.  So just get the family registration that proves that you didn't have wife or kids before.  And send them your ex marriage and divorce certificate with your kids birth certificate from America and write them a letter or print them a letter with your signature that you didn't have your ex marriage and kids registered with the Egyptian government.  This is the reason why they aren't registered with in the registry office.  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mikeadam said:

Ah OK. Now I got the story.  When they ask for your family registration they ask to make sure that you don't have a current wife now and didn't have an ex wife in Egypt when you married your ex wife in America.  So to make sure that you didn't commit fraud as the American law prohibits polygamy.  So just get the family registration that proves that you didn't have wife or kids before.  And send them your ex marriage and divorce certificate with your kids birth certificate from America and write them a letter or print them a letter with your signature that you didn't have your ex marriage and kids registered with the Egyptian government.  This is the reason why they aren't registered with in the registry office.  

Thank you for your reply. What's the process to add an American wife to the Family Registry Certificate, do I need to translated or get any sort of stamps or authentication from other government agencies.

Thank you

Timeline
5 hours ago, sandiego2013 said:

Thank you for your reply. What's the process to add an American wife to the Family Registry Certificate, do I need to translated or get any sort of stamps or authentication from other government agencies.

Thank you

If you married her in Egypt in the ministry of justice.  So you need to update your national ID info and add her to it on the application.  Then when you apply for family registration her info will appear automatically on it . So it's the national ID first and you can ask for fast service if you are in a hurry to receive your Id for  extra 65 pounds  as I remember.  But if you married her in the USA I don't know how to have the marriage  registered here because when I married in the USA in the court house I authenticated my marriage in the Egyptian consulate first then completed the rest of the procedures in the ministry of justice when I came back to Egypt.  But anyway the reason they ask for the family registration is to make sure that you haven't committed marriage fraud by having two wives at the same time.  So if your family registration shows that you never had any wife or children at all so  you are right here . The reason they do that is   Because many middleeastern males married US women and wrote in their application that they are single with no children   then after they got their citizenship . They file for their wives back home with children.  It just happened last May.  An Egyptian guy in NY was on B1B2 visa.  He married an American lady on papers and paid her some money.  He is a dentist and could afford it then got his green card and citizenship then divorced her as they agreed . Then he started filing for a wife and 4 children From Egypt.  This is when he got caught last may. So if you have American papers send it to them and they are understand that it will not be registered here . But they care to make sure that you have no other wife now and had no wife in Egypt when you married your ex wife in the USA.  Because they are very strict now about omitting fraud more than ever .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mikeadam said:

If you married her in Egypt in the ministry of justice.  So you need to update your national ID info and add her to it on the application.  Then when you apply for family registration her info will appear automatically on it . So it's the national ID first and you can ask for fast service if you are in a hurry to receive your Id for  extra 65 pounds  as I remember.  But if you married her in the USA I don't know how to have the marriage  registered here because when I married in the USA in the court house I authenticated my marriage in the Egyptian consulate first then completed the rest of the procedures in the ministry of justice when I came back to Egypt.  But anyway the reason they ask for the family registration is to make sure that you haven't committed marriage fraud by having two wives at the same time.  So if your family registration shows that you never had any wife or children at all so  you are right here . The reason they do that is   Because many middleeastern males married US women and wrote in their application that they are single with no children   then after they got their citizenship . They file for their wives back home with children.  It just happened last May.  An Egyptian guy in NY was on B1B2 visa.  He married an American lady on papers and paid her some money.  He is a dentist and could afford it then got his green card and citizenship then divorced her as they agreed . Then he started filing for a wife and 4 children From Egypt.  This is when he got caught last may. So if you have American papers send it to them and they are understand that it will not be registered here . But they care to make sure that you have no other wife now and had no wife in Egypt when you married your ex wife in the USA.  Because they are very strict now about omitting fraud more than ever .

Thank you Mikeadam for your explanation. Actually that's what I'm going to do, sending my dad in Egypt ("because I'm out of Egypt") in order to add my current wife "American" who I married her in Houston TX to the my family registry certificate along with our kids "twin girls", and defiantly it will show my ex wife "Egyptian" who I divorced her back to Mar 2012, and my 3 kids from her will be registered as well, and hopefully by providing this it will sufficient to the embassy and completed our case soon.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.