amour-et-foi

Still in AP

19 posts in this topic

Hello VJ,

I've posted about my situation twice before.  My wife's case is currently in 'AP' in a west African country.  She went for interview on Dec 1 and was told by CO that he had doubts due to the fact that she didn't provide our communication docs.  They took none of our info, denied her,but gave the 221(g).  I sent her the Whatsapp convo's but she didn't understand to print them.  She thought that she could show them her phone(which is not possible because no phones are allowed in the Embassy but oh well).  They also wanted phone records from when we first started talking.  I didn't think to sent those at first. Didn't think I needed them. My bad. So we each made a mistake but that was correctable. But long story short we got everything we needed and she returned 2 weeks after the interview.  I guess they were now satisfied to start the process because they now took all the docs we submitted and her passport.  But since then there has been only one update on the CEAC site from "AP" to "AP" on Dec. 22nd and not updates since.

Now does anybody out there know what this means.  I mean I know my wife and her family are 110% clean.  No prior immigration transgressions.  No kind of criminal or terror activities.  Her name is not common and neither is mines.  I need no co-sponsors.  All of this is coming through me with no other parties.  I am great at keeping my records and all my papers are legit. I mean I showed my income not from the previous 3 but 10 years as with all my W2's with the same 10 years of Rent certificates. Along with my current bank statements I sent every check stub from 2016 to show I am employed, am involved in no way with criminal activity and everything I do in life is legit.  My wife did the same.  I know we forgot the communication info at first but we corrected that. And our relationship and everything we sent is 100% authenic.

I just don't know what is going on.  Believe me, I've done much research and reading, from this site to doing so much googling.  I know the 'AP' story. Nothing you can do, wait it out, yada yada yada. But I want to why is this not moving along?  Where is our case at? Does the CO have it on ice or is it in a que, waiting to be checked by the NSA, FBI, or something like that?  Do they need to contact departments in her country or do they need to vet out her family name?  Do they do checks even if her name does not trigger a hit because were she is in the world (sub-Sahara Africa)?  Do they need to contact companies to verify some of info we submitted?  It just doesn't make sense to me.  We are 100 and know that for sure.  I don't know what they can be looking for, if they are looking at all.  

I know 'AP' is case specific and no case is the same.  But if someone is(I know there are) going through something similar or has in past, please help me out.  I thank you for any and all feed back

Thank You.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Four threads merged. Do not start more then one thread for the same or similar topic.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 months later...

Hi All, 

CO says he is still waiting for evidence of relationship 3 months after interview and after submission of letters and affidavits from family and friends along with chats emails etc. Would a submission in a couple of months of more time spent together (recent pics after AP), more chats, 2016 tax transcripts be likely to count for anything? We really don't know what he is looking for and he himself has admitted that he cannot say what form this additional info should look like. Case status has been updated  quite a bit but no communication has been made. 

They will not even answer an emailed question on how to retrieve our passports. Country is a high risk country, petition was not front loaded  1 visit, both divorced before 1 prior B2 denial.

We are tempted to just cancel this one get married and start over, medicals police clearance and NOA2 are days from expiring.

Any help/advice/tips would be welcome.

Good luck to everyone still waiting congratulations to those united with their loved ones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.