31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

That is a good point. Forgot to put that info in there.

As said, you need to correct what ever it was that caused them to deny the visa.

And 5 denials is quite a few... a couple times maybe but 5 does seems like a lot.

What should  I do next 

Timeline
9 hours ago, O&GForever said:

I am so sorry this happened to you. Sadly Ghana is a tough embassy.

Have you contacted your Senator or Congressman? If not, you should. They can request a second interview (though not likely to be granted) and ask for the specific reasons why you were denied. At this point, the embassy will eventually send it back to the USCIS, where they will decide to either reaffirm or revoke the case. From what I have read, expect it to take about 12-18 months for that happened.

A couple of questions: 

- What evidence did you submit? 

- What questions did they ask you? 

- How many times have you visited? 

- Do you have any red flags like an age gap? 

Sorry for the questions. If you can give us some more info, we might be able to help you figure out why you were denied. 

Should  I still go ahead  and contact  my senator... 

What next.... 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

They never approve a. Visitor visa Is from Ghana to USA after.a  Cr1 is filed , they don't believe you will return home. ( we tried that to and had he got here no he would have stayed)It takes a year from the date they get your case back from Ghana to the Uscis, before you will get anything  started even they will tell you nothing at all or they will say there is no time we have to have these completed by, after they process or look at your case again then they send notice stating noid,  noir, then you send evidence of relationship. Wait for reaffirm then wait for another interview. Your spouse needs to come stay in Ghana with you until you get another interviewer. It's a long time. Close to two years may be more. I hope not but This is purely from my experience, no proof but what I know and many others on here say same thing. 

Edited by Jenilyn and Awal
Misspelling and not complete

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think if you can withstand Ghana 221G  refusal you have Peugeot of relationship and I think they use this to weed out the ones who are not sincere, sorry but this embassy is really tough on marriages 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

I think if you can withstand Ghana 221G  refusal you have Peugeot of relationship and I think they use this to weed out the ones who are not sincere, sorry but this embassy is really tough on marriages 

What should  I do next... 

Have your spouse spend more time with you in your country (as in, weeks or maybe months), gather more evidences and apply again. Not much you can do beside that.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

marrying on the 1st trip can be a red flag , along with the 5 visa denials one or 2 wouldnt be to bad but 5 is overkill ,how many trips did u have in total? how long were they?

15 hours ago, dodzipop said:

They gave me a White  sheet .

They ask me how did I meet my wife... 

What is my wife funny moments... 

I apply for  a visiting visa before... And I was denied... 5 times .

I submitted  my medical... My fone record..... My police  report....... our marriage  pictures..... Marriage  certificate s..birth certificate... 

6 hours ago, dodzipop said:

We got married during her frist trip  to Ghana..... 

I'm sorry but these are huge red flags especially for Ghana. You married on her first visit. Was it also her ONLY visit?

You are facing a very steep uphill battle. You have to convince them that your marriage is bonafide and that will require more time together. This is not going to be resolved any time soon. Continue to gather as much evidence as you can and prepare for a long, hard process ahead. Stay strong in your marriage.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For Ghana, you really cannot wait and just take evidence to your interview.  Your wife should have frontloaded the petition.  It would be best for her to join this site and do some research.  For now they will send it back to USCIS and your wife will receive the NOIR/NOID.  She can prepare and send in a response but it sounds like there may not be much to give.  You need to build relationship evidence....phone logs, chat logs, face time visits, co-mingling of assets, joint accounts, living wills, listing you as beneficiary on life insurance, pensions, 401Ks, etc.  Real marriage stuff.    All of this should have been done prior to your interview.  I'm not sure if they will accept it now after the fact.  She can try, otherwise you may need to complete all of these things and then refile with sufficient frontloading.

CO most likely thought your marriage wasn't bonafide. It sounds very sketchy too, honestly. Just one trip has been made, married right away. Denied five times for another visa, looks like you desperately want to come to the United States.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, dodzipop said:

I did not know.... I have to submit  her trip to Ghana.. 

They gave me a check list  to present  to the embassy which I did.... 

I understand. I believe it also mentions bringing additional evidence or proof of relationship. There are a lot of strange quirks with Ghana that aren't obvious without a little research. The overloading of evidence before and during the interview is one of those things.  

At this point the only thing you can do is have your wife contact her local government leaders to help. But you will have an uphill battle. Only having 1 trip and getting married during that trip, is a big issue with this embassy. Plus you have the other visa denials...and lack of evidence presented to the embassy. I am quite certain (and others will agree) the consulate didn't believe your relationship to be real. 

I truly am sorry. I know the heartache of a denied visa. I've been there. Your wife really should join this site. There are many knowledgeable people who can provide advice moving forward. 

As others have said, there's a lot of red flags. 

Five previous visa denials and a marriage after one trip (as has been said above) looks like you're really really desperate to come to the US. 

I think contacting a senator or USCIS may also look like an act of desperation so you should wait it out to hear from USCIS with the NOID and go from there. 

Timeline

My husband's interview  was today and he was denied again due 221g. Stated we need a co-sponsor, dna results, administrative processing pending review of documents. Our case was reaffirmed and they are still disputing my mexican divorce which was the reason it was returned back to USCIS. USCIS reviewed it and it was reaffirmed. They said they will review it and call my husband once making a decision. So be reaffirmed means nothing in Ghana

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I also read somewhere that they tend to hold these cases so long that they expire. smh. sorry this happened. 

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Timeline
20 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

They never approve a. Visitor visa Is from Ghana to USA after.a  Cr1 is filed , they don't believe you will return home. ( we tried that to and had he got here no he would have stayed)It takes a year from the date they get your case back from Ghana to the Uscis, before you will get anything  started even they will tell you nothing at all or they will say there is no time we have to have these completed by, after they process or look at your case again then they send notice stating noid,  noir, then you send evidence of relationship. Wait for reaffirm then wait for another interview. Your spouse needs to come stay in Ghana with you until you get another interviewer. It's a long time. Close to two years may be more. I hope not but This is purely from my experience, no proof but what I know and many others on here say same thing. 

Thanks.. 

She told  me she spoke with you ....great..... 

What  should  I do next..... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.