Jump to content

ROC and Expired Extension letter

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I tried to travel with it and had all kinds of hell to get a boarding pass issued.  The problem with  the extension letter that many countries don't believe in it like Brazil and China and in Egypt. They don't even know what this it. As the letter says that you can work and travel for a whole year but it doesn't apply to you if your status has been terminated or abandoned.  So they tell you that you have to go to the US embassy to get boarding foil.  It's  a big headache.  If you want to come to Egypt.  Get a RE ENTRY permit from the USCIS.  No problem at all with it.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Basbosa said:

Thanks @Mikeadam! I had a feeling that was going to be the case, because even with the proper travel document entering/leaving Egypt is a challenge.


What is the re-entry permit though? Is that the I-551 stamp?


Thanks again!

Reentry permit is to file for for I 131  . It's a travel document with your photo on it that you have to file before traveling.  It is valid for 2  years.  It allows you to re enter the USA without without the actual green card. It's  form I 131 . a travel document . I didn't have any problems with it at all.  

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.