sherille

waiver I601 inadmissibility of grounds (merged)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I when and did my interview in Kingston Jamaica embassy September 15,2016. They requested i do a waiver I601 i did in december when would i get approved cuz i am getting frustrated.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Depends on what exactly the waiver was for, but 1-3 months is common.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I-601 waivers are taking 10-12 months.  When was it received? December?   A timeline would be really helpful.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do  Assuming NSC is handling your waiver their currently working on April 16, 2016.  You have a long wait.  Ours took 10 months.

:time:

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Hi everyone, I am so confused and depressed don't know what to believe or do. I keep hearing different time Someone pls help me when will my waivers  I 601 of inadmissibility of ground be approved. I did my interview in September last year @ Kingston embassy Jamaica they requested I do a waiver. Lol I am so stress.

Timeline

Please review timeline of those who have filed waivers. 

Please go to the waiver forum and join the waiver updates thread. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

Please go to the guides and review I-601 processing times. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Please go to immigrate2us.net. Make a profile and review their waiver updates spreadsheet.  

There you will learn about how long waivers really take. 

As I stated before, my husband and I filed a waiver in 2015 and it was not approved until 10 months later.  You have to pay attention to threads, comments and advice from people that have actually filed I-601 waivers recently. 

I-601a waivers are different 

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

From looking at things it looks as if they have sped up their processing times a bit.   NSC was quite back logged for awhile. 

What service center is processing your waiver?

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Remembered Lionel I was the one who  voluntarily came home. I wasn't not removed or deported ok,  2ndly i did my interview already in september and i paid for it in december. U have to take inconsideration every case is different and i am fr jamaica and i only overstayed 14 mths.

Timeline

If you go to this link and look at the last few pages of comments it looks like people that filed February March and April of 2016 are still waiting.  Someone made a comment that they filed in January 2016 and just received approval in December.  

Waiver abswers can take a long time. Do your best to be patient and stay busy. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sherille said:

Remembered Lionel I was the one who  voluntarily came home. I wasn't not removed or deported ok,  2ndly i did my interview already in september and i paid for it in december. U have to take inconsideration every case is different and i am fr jamaica and i only overstayed 14 mths.

Ok.  Did you need a I-601 or I-601a waiver?  The latter one goes much quicker.   Other than that the situation of why you had to file a waiver really doesn't affect the quickness of the processing. 

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sherille said:

I601 not the A ok

Ok that is what I thought. They can take several months at minimum.  

Join the waiver updates thread I sent you the link for. You will find a lot of support in there.  You can also private message me. 

Good Luck!  

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.