Klepley

AOS August Filers Part 2

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Gatsby9 said:

Does anybody know how traveling with advance parole works? Do I need to submit anything before leaving the United States or just bring the card? And when coming back, on the border, what do I need to show? And do I get in the permanent resident's line or the "tourist" line if I'm traveling with my american wife?

Which line you get in depends on the airport. Just ask them when you get there. My husband and I recently came through Ft Lauderdale and they had us both get in the visitor's line. We were prepared with his combo card, our marriage certificate, and our NOA for AOS. All they wanted was his card and his passport. They didn't ask us any questions. Just made him sit for two hours while they processed everything.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

11 hours ago, blackeyedsusan said:

Which line you get in depends on the airport. Just ask them when you get there. My husband and I recently came through Ft Lauderdale and they had us both get in the visitor's line. We were prepared with his combo card, our marriage certificate, and our NOA for AOS. All they wanted was his card and his passport. They didn't ask us any questions. Just made him sit for two hours while they processed everything.

2 hours!?

Timeline
15 hours ago, pysbfintp said:

2 hours!?

Yep. Two hours. If you have a connecting flight, make sure you leave plenty of time.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Timeline

Anybody else been approved recently? Or had their interview? Automated message says our case is still in Lee's Summit. Not sure whether we should do an infopass or something, or just wait it out. 

Edited by blackeyedsusan

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

04/15/16 - Medical exam

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:jest:

1. Prepare the documents: - updated Medical (I693), joint bank account, rental document, insurance/beneficiary,  pictures

2. Don't forget to bring your passport, driver's license :) USCIS officers will ask for it.

3. Officer will ask your spouse (petitioner) the following: complete name, date of birth, place of birth, parents name and, if it was your signature on the document

4. Officer will ask you (applicant)  1485,  the following: complete name, date of birth, place of birth,parents name and, and if it was your signature on the document, when did you arrive in the US, what type of visa

5. Story telling: When, Where, How did you meet// The proposal// The honeymoon// ** Know the dates, years and include some funny trivia or story about your relationship.

6. What's your spouse's date of birth (vice versa)

7. Checking of documents: they will require the joint documents: insurance, leasing, joint bank account

8. Checking of photos

THAT'S IT!!!

If you have been married for more than 2 years, you will get a 10 year GC card; under 2 years- you will get a 2-year GC.

I hope I was able to help. Rather than posting "Yay I got a letter! Yay I got my card! Yay! I got approved" THEN THEY WILL NOT ADVICE OR HELP OTHER APPLICANTS AND THEY WILL JUST LEAVE **  (they should do the YAY!! on FB and not here) Peace and Love :) 

13 hours ago, blackeyedsusan said:

Anybody else been approved recently? Or had their interview? Automated message says our case is still in Lee's Summit. Not sure whether we should do an infopass or something, or just wait it out. 

In the 100 or so cases surrounding ours in the USCIS app, several were approved Monday and Tuesday, but none the rest of the week. We're over 6 months now so we could follow up, but I think it's just taking them longer to get through all the applications so I'm not worried yet - just impatient!

Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, nemymendoza said:

THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:jest:

1. Prepare the documents: - updated Medical (I693), joint bank account, rental document, insurance/beneficiary,  pictures

2. Don't forget to bring your passport, driver's license :) USCIS officers will ask for it.

3. Officer will ask your spouse (petitioner) the following: complete name, date of birth, place of birth, parents name and, if it was your signature on the document

4. Officer will ask you (applicant)  1485,  the following: complete name, date of birth, place of birth,parents name and, and if it was your signature on the document, when did you arrive in the US, what type of visa

5. Story telling: When, Where, How did you meet// The proposal// The honeymoon// ** Know the dates, years and include some funny trivia or story about your relationship.

6. What's your spouse's date of birth (vice versa)

7. Checking of documents: they will require the joint documents: insurance, leasing, joint bank account

8. Checking of photos

THAT'S IT!!!

If you have been married for more than 2 years, you will get a 10 year GC card; under 2 years- you will get a 2-year GC.

I hope I was able to help. Rather than posting "Yay I got a letter! Yay I got my card! Yay! I got approved" THEN THEY WILL NOT ADVICE OR HELP OTHER APPLICANTS AND THEY WILL JUST LEAVE **  (they should do the YAY!! on FB and not here) Peace and Love :) 

Thank you! My interview is coming up next week. I'm kinda nervous. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Any filers from San Francisco? I'm trying to buy tickets for summer but I don't know if I should go on june or july because I feel like the interview will be when I am gone... 

So when do San Francisco filers feel like they will get their interview? 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Gatsby9 said:

Any filers from San Francisco? I'm trying to buy tickets for summer but I don't know if I should go on june or july because I feel like the interview will be when I am gone... 

So when do San Francisco filers feel like they will get their interview? 

Thanks!

I am in SF, Aug filter and still stuck at Fingerprint Fee Received...... I have been hoping for an interview for 2 months. Now I passed 6 months mark, and thinking the latest the interview should happen within 2 months from now. Hope I am not being too optimistic again...... Sometimes I worry if it's just my case went lost.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pysbfintp said:

I am in SF, Aug filter and still stuck at Fingerprint Fee Received...... I have been hoping for an interview for 2 months. Now I passed 6 months mark, and thinking the latest the interview should happen within 2 months from now. Hope I am not being too optimistic again...... Sometimes I worry if it's just my case went lost.

My i485 has been ready to schedule since november 4th but my i130 is still in received since august... Do you know how to know where our case is?

Good luck, I hope we start getting interview dates soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone have experience or know someone with experience with moving while in AOS process?

I wonder whether the case processing slows down at all IF your case has never been transferred to the local field office (in my case, ours is still in NBC), or because they essentially kept the case where it was, the processing time doesn't shift much?

Also, I called Tier 2 officer recently, and he told me the processing time for AOS is within 6-10 months (mine is slightly over 6 months now), so until it hits 10 months mark - I have nothing to "worry" about :/

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 minutes ago, .yana said:

Does anyone have experience or know someone with experience with moving while in AOS process?

I wonder whether the case processing slows down at all IF your case has never been transferred to the local field office (in my case, ours is still in NBC), or because they essentially kept the case where it was, the processing time doesn't shift much?

Also, I called Tier 2 officer recently, and he told me the processing time for AOS is within 6-10 months (mine is slightly over 6 months now), so until it hits 10 months mark - I have nothing to "worry" about :/

Are you thinking state? 

Since your case is still at NBC it won't effect it. 

21 minutes ago, .yana said:

We moved while in process and submitted address change. Not sure if it slowed us down, but case hasn't been reviewed yet (status is "Fingerprint Fee Received") and we just hit the 6-month mark on 2/13. I don't know if the case was transferred or not.

Spoiler

2/25/16...Mailed I-129F packet to Dallas lockbox

2/27/16...USPS confirms delivery at post office

3/3/16...Money order cashed

3/4/16...NOA1 email/text

5/26/16...NOA2 email/text

6/17/16...NVC received

6/20/16...Case number assigned

6/29/16...Medical

7/12/16...Interview Approved!

7/13/16...Visa in Administrative Processing

7/14/16...Visa Issued
7/19/16...Visa received (courier)
7/25/16...Arrival in US ❤️ (via Dublin POE)

8/1/16...City Hall wedding

8/9/16...Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet to Chicago lockbox

8/12/16...NOA1 email/text

8/30/16...Received biometrics letter

9/2/16...Early walk-in biometrics at Portland, ME field office

10/17/16...EAD/AP status changed to "Approved"

11/1/16...Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

3/22/17...AOS approved without interview

3/30/17...Green Card received in mail

ROC

2/11/19...Mailed I-751 packet to Dallas lockbox

2/15/19...Package delivered by USPS

2/19/19...Text message - receipt notice 

2/20/19...Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, prenouveau said:

We moved while in process and submitted address change. Not sure if it slowed us down, but case hasn't been reviewed yet (status is "Fingerprint Fee Received") and we just hit the 6-month mark on 2/13. I don't know if the case was transferred or not.

No it has not you are still fine :) ... You can call and push 1 and then 1 and 1 again and then it will tell you where your case is at if you which to know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.