Ashley Scott

UK beneficiaries :)

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

DS-160 filing fee: $265. Also called VISA FEE

Medical: £290

Registration fee for interview: NONE

Courier fee: $30 home delivery. Free if picked up at your closest depot. (Both take the same amount of time, so it's what's convenient for you to do)

For the amounts listed in $$, a UK credit card will be charged in equivalent ££ depending on the exchange rate of the day,  so no worries about how to pay in dollars. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

For AshleyScott. Taken from Nich-Nick's post with some updated info.

Pre NOA2 Preparation

US Petitioner

1. Order your IRS Tax Transcript - Tax transcripts are an excellent source of evidence for your I-134 Affidavit of Support. They're certified by the IRS. You only need the most recent one.
  2. Start getting the I-134 ready with the supporting documents [e.g. proof of income].London will accept any proof on an I-134 that clearly shows income. Some ways besides a tax return/transcript are employer letter, pay stubs, pension letter, or banks statements showing direct deposits. Pick two. You don’t need to prove income five different ways. If you have a new job or earn more income since your tax return, then an employer letter and recent pay stubs are a better choice than a weak tax return. This one should be sent the old-fashioned way with a “wet” signature on it, but your proof of income can be scans or photocopies.
  3. London does not typically want to see relationship evidence. In the majority of cases they haven't asked for it. If it gives you peace of mind, get some photos printed but don't panic over it at all. Nor do they want to see your NOA2 or a photocopy of the I-129F packet.

UK Beneficiary

1. Go get your photos done. You're going to need 4 UK or US size for the medical (either size okay). And 1x US size for the interview.  Also UK size for your Police Certificate.
  2. Go to your NHS doctor and get the immunizations you will need for Adjustment of Status. You can get a K1 visa without having any shots, but you will need them before AOS. It’s extremely wise to take care of it before getting to the US so you can avoid civil surgeon hassles and $$$. Many NHS doctors will do them for free, but they are not obligated to do so for immigration purposes. Get the shots documented by your doctor to take to your visa medical exam. If your doctor should say you don’t need something on this list, remember you have to go by US rules and that differs from UK standards. Here are the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:
  • Td or Tdap - Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis or get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS also. The latest shot must be no longer than 10 years ago or you need a booster. If you have a record of receiving pertussis, then the Td is okay for the booster.
  • MMR - (if born in 1957 or later)-Mumps/measles/rubella. It's two doses in your life, but if you get the first dose, and 4 weeks haven't passed by your medical, they will waive the second dose for "insufficient time interval". If you only had one dose as a child, get a second one before the medical.
  • Varicella - Not routinely given in the UK . A history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa medical exam.
  • Influenza – Required during flu season only, October 1 through March 31. This was a new recommendation dated November 2010 for all ages over 6 months. Older lists will say flu shots for over age 50. It changed. 

3. Get all your documents together. You will find a list in the Fiancé visa instructions . Read ALL THE LINKS. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

4. Finally, make sure your passport is in order – You need to make sure you have at least 8 months until the expiry date on it, preferably more. If you've damaged it or gotten it wet, or the edges are super wrinkled, it will need to be renewed. 

Thank you for this!  Seems like we are on track so far.  Just need to collect one more supporting document of my income and get that shipped over to my fiancé.  He is taking care of any missing vaccines tomorrow.  Then we will concentrate on making sure we aren't missing and have all of the documents together for the medical and interview.  We want to try to make the process after NOA2 as quickly as possible in hopes that he can be here for my family's vacation in July.  Fingers crossed!  :)

Thanks for sharing this info!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Hello, I've been in Davenport, Iowa for just over a year originally from Bournemouth. 

Started working here since mid December. 

For people missing things I've got a company called Expack delivering things from the UK every month it's nice to get a little taste of home, for meats etc there is a business named Parkers, that make UK bacon, sausages and loads more I haven't ordered from them yet though.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

We got our approval 2 weeks ago today.  Just waiting for our NVC case number now.  Fingers crossed for a quick process!  I called yesterday and they didn't have it yet (as expected).  I figure I will give them a break today and try again tomorrow. haha.  How long was it for you all that have been through the process to get your case number from NVC.  Also, once it is sent to London, can we go ahead and file the DS-160 and call to make the medical and interview appointments once it says "Ready" or do we have to wait for the physical copy from the embassy? 

Thanks in advance!!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

1 minute ago, Ashley Scott said:

We got our approval 2 weeks ago today.  Just waiting for our NVC case number now.  Fingers crossed for a quick process!  I called yesterday and they didn't have it yet (as expected).  I figure I will give them a break today and try again tomorrow. haha.  How long was it for you all that have been through the process to get your case number from NVC.  Also, once it is sent to London, can we go ahead and file the DS-160 and call to make the medical and interview appointments once it says "Ready" or do we have to wait for the physical copy from the embassy? 

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know specifically for a K-1 but the USCIS -> NVC transfer for our CR-1/IR-1 took about 3 or 4 weeks if I recall. If you call you definitely get the case number long before you get the "packet" in the mail. For our CR-1 we were essentially mailing in all of our documents by the time the "welcome packet" arrived.

Just now, Ashley Scott said:

Thanks in advance!!

You can check out my signature for how long the process was! Yes, you can submit the DS-160 as soon as you have the LND case number from the NVC. You can also schedule the medical as soon as you have the LND case number; we scheduled ours for two weeks out from the exact day we got the LND case number and everything was fine. You can't schedule the interview appointment until several days after the CEAC status says "ready"; you'll just keep having to go through the sign-up page for the interviews and eventually one day it will let you actually advance to the screen where you can select your interview time and date. At that time, you also pay the $265 visa fee (you must pay it when you are signing up for the interview, otherwise the website won't let you actually sign up for an interview appointment). Good luck! It was so quick - we got our NOA-2 Feb 7th, interview was March 30, visa arrived April 6th!

Met in college, reconnected five years later. Started a life together in America. ❤️

11/09/16 - Mailed I-129F for K-1

11/16/16 - NOA-1

02/07/17 - NOA-2

03/06/17 - Medical (in London)

03/30/17 - Visa Interview - Approved!!

04/06/17 - Visa in hand!! 

05/17/17 - Point of entry, Boston

05/27/17 - WEDDING in Maine!

AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

06/30/17 - Mailed I-131, I-765, and I-485

07/05/17 - NOA-1 for all three applications.

08/03/17 - Biometrics appointment in Portland, Maine

08/15/17 - Case Status "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview'

08/18/17 - Case Status "Interview Scheduled"

09/25/17 - Interview, 485 AOS Approved. Case status changed to "New Card is in Production".

09/26/17 - Case Status "Case Approved"

09/28/17 - "Card Was Mailed to Me"; received hard copy NOA stating case approved

9/30/17 - Case Status for EAD/AP changed to "Case closed, benefit received by other means"

10/03/17 - Two-year green card received in mail!! 😍

ROC I-751 Timeline
07/06/19 - Mailed I-751 

07/08/19 - Application received by USCIS

07/10/19 - Credit card charged, NOA-1 dated

07/11/19 - Text receipt received, EAC (Vermont)

7/13/19 - Received NOA/extension letter in mail

08/03/19 - Biometrics letter received

08/14/19 - Biometrics appointment completed

08/26/19 - Case status updated to “Fingerprint Review Completed”

05/20/20 - Case status updated to "New Card is in Production"

05/21/2020 - Case status updated to "Case Is Approved"

05/27/2020 - Received 10-year green card in mail on our three-year anniversary!

N-400 Citizenship Timeline

09/25/2020 - Filed online and received electronic NOA-1 same day, IOE receipt number

11/12/2020 - Biometrics reuse notice

12/28/2020 - Received notice for N-400 Interview

2/3/2021 - Interview at Lawrence, MA - Approved!

2/18/2021 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, fishe23a said:

You can check out my signature for how long the process was! Yes, you can submit the DS-160 as soon as you have the LND case number from the NVC. You can also schedule the medical as soon as you have the LND case number; we scheduled ours for two weeks out from the exact day we got the LND case number and everything was fine. You can't schedule the interview appointment until several days after the CEAC status says "ready"; you'll just keep having to go through the sign-up page for the interviews and eventually one day it will let you actually advance to the screen where you can select your interview time and date. At that time, you also pay the $265 visa fee (you must pay it when you are signing up for the interview, otherwise the website won't let you actually sign up for an interview appointment). Good luck! It was so quick - we got our NOA-2 Feb 7th, interview was March 30, visa arrived April 6th!

Thanks!  So you don't have to pay the $265 when you file the DS-160?  That is something I did not know.  We are ready to get everything rolling.  Just need the LND number.  Sounds like London seems to be pretty quick overall which is great news!  Congrats to you guys on completing the process!!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, bcking said:

I don't know specifically for a K-1 but the USCIS -> NVC transfer for our CR-1/IR-1 took about 3 or 4 weeks if I recall. If you call you definitely get the case number long before you get the "packet" in the mail. For our CR-1 we were essentially mailing in all of our documents by the time the "welcome packet" arrived.

Thank you.  That is good to know.  We want to move things along as quickly and smoothly as possible.  Hoping to have him here by end of June.  Fingers crossed!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We got my fiancé all scheduled for his medical and interview.  Medical is May 22 and the interview is June 1!!  So excited that we are coming to the end. :) 

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to all of you that have given advice and answered questions!  This forum has been a HUGE help through this process and I really appreciate each and every one of you!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.