104 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pajobra said:

It is insane. Yay for another Springs filer. :D I am anxious too. I hate feeling like I am in limbo. So glad to be working though. :) I will have to put in my renewal EAD request at the end of November but I expect my interview February or March. I would love it to come earlier but be patient I am trying. haha. 

I see some people whose local offices have a processing time of over a year, just like Denver, receiving interview in 6 months or 8 months so. Like San Diego or Baltimore or Los Angeles. Even for Denver, current processing time is 15.5 months to  21.5 months for family-based AOS. But most people expect to receive the interview in about 12 months to 14 months? It says receipt date for an inquiry is November 2016, but they can't be really processing the cases from November 2016 right now, can they? 

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2018 at 11:45 AM, Koni10 said:

I see some people whose local offices have a processing time of over a year, just like Denver, receiving interview in 6 months or 8 months so. Like San Diego or Baltimore or Los Angeles. Even for Denver, current processing time is 15.5 months to  21.5 months for family-based AOS. But most people expect to receive the interview in about 12 months to 14 months? It says receipt date for an inquiry is November 2016, but they can't be really processing the cases from November 2016 right now, can they? 

Forgot to reply to you and I guess they could be for difficult cases. Just an update. My interview is coming up in Denver for my AOS on November 8th. I filed end of December 2017. :D Super excited cause I really thought I would have to wait a year for the interview.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:53 PM, pajobra said:

Forgot to reply to you and I guess they could be for difficult cases. Just an update. My interview is coming up in Denver for my AOS on November 8th. I filed end of December 2017. :D Super excited cause I really thought I would have to wait a year for the interview.

Great news! I am very happy for you! Another friend of mine who filed last year just had their interview. It seems like it is taking about 10-11 months for most cases. I am expecting mine in February or early March. Thanks for the update!

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We are AOS'ing from K1 here in Denver, got our NOA1 for the AOS part 9/10/18 and the interview has been scheduled for March 5, 2019! I'm floored! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Amit&Julie said:

We are AOS'ing from K1 here in Denver, got our NOA1 for the AOS part 9/10/18 and the interview has been scheduled for March 5, 2019! I'm floored! 

I got an email update from USCIS's website saying our interview is scheduled too. Haven't received the actual letter yet though. NOA1 was 9/28/18.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, hwaya said:

I got an email update from USCIS's website saying our interview is scheduled too. Haven't received the actual letter yet though. NOA1 was 9/28/18.

Hey!

If you don’t mind, when did you receive the email and when did you receive the actual letter? We got our email today and I’m trying to get an estimate of how long it will take because we’ll be out of town. Thanks!!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mella said:

Hey!

If you don’t mind, when did you receive the email and when did you receive the actual letter? We got our email today and I’m trying to get an estimate of how long it will take because we’ll be out of town. Thanks!!

We got the letter on the 12th

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mella said:

Hey!

I think we got our appointment/interview letter about a week after.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey! I don't know if this is the right place but I am confused. What are the conditions for a drivers license? And how long is it valid?

I entered the states last week coming from Germany, I already got the Info, that my test will be waived coz of my german dl. But what kind of documents do I need and will the dl be a limited one? My fiance is military, if that does matter. Thank you in advance!

Timeline

We had our AOS interview on 3/6 (yesterday) with Officer Dana Lindauer. It went pretty smoothly, but he didn't say at the end whether we were approved or not. That evening, our immigration attorney called and let us know she had checked online and the green card is being produced! Woohoo! :dance:

Timeline
On 2/28/2019 at 3:46 PM, Helike said:

Hey! I don't know if this is the right place but I am confused. What are the conditions for a drivers license? And how long is it valid?

I entered the states last week coming from Germany, I already got the Info, that my test will be waived coz of my german dl. But what kind of documents do I need and will the dl be a limited one? My fiance is military, if that does matter. Thank you in advance!

We just brought everything the DMV states on the website to get a driver's license. We didn't get it until about a month or so after immigrating as we were mainly waiting for the Social Security card to be issued. It's basically the same exact thing as a regular license just that it has writing above the picture stating that it can not be used for Federal Identification purposes. She's gotten onto Buckley with the license no problem, so I think its just to prevent voting. 

I would also call the License office you plan to go to. We made an appointment at the one in Centennial only to find out they don't process the foreigner licenses, we had to go to the office in Parker.

Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, Amit&Julie said:

We had our AOS interview on 3/6 (yesterday) with Officer Dana Lindauer. It went pretty smoothly, but he didn't say at the end whether we were approved or not. That evening, our immigration attorney called and let us know she had checked online and the green card is being produced! Woohoo! :dance:

Congrats, any tips for the interview? Ours is next week.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, hwaya said:

Congrats, any tips for the interview? Ours is next week.

Thoroughly review your I-485 together because they go over this in detail. Know where each other's family lives, their names, their work. Review your "history" as a couple and know important dates--when you met, when you got engaged, when you got married, birthdays. Be confident. And relax--this isn't nearly as stressful as the consulate interview! If you're in a real relationship, you should be fine. :)  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.