104 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats!!!

I am really tensed from past 2 days, I read in other forum , Folks from Denver whose PD is Nov they got interview Notice and my PD is Oct 3rd and I haven't received any Interview Notice Yet.

Guys what could be the issue. Not able to sleep properly thinking about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, vickykgp said:

Congrats!!!

I am really tensed from past 2 days, I read in other forum , Folks from Denver whose PD is Nov they got interview Notice and my PD is Oct 3rd and I haven't received any Interview Notice Yet.

Guys what could be the issue. Not able to sleep properly thinking about this.

I'm a little worried too but we can't really do anything. I'm paranoid that uscis website is not updating and usps lost my notice. It happened with my EAD, which I never received. I'm not in a hurry to work since I'm pregnant so we're waiting for the green card instead of paying for the EAD and wait 3 months again. I called the hotline but they just repeated what was on the uscis website status, and that there's nothing they can do since based on uscis website, Denver office is still processing May 30, 2016 applicants, even though I said some September and October 2016 filers already had their interviews / interview schedules. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mary_mj said:

I'm a little worried too but we can't really do anything. I'm paranoid that uscis website is not updating and usps lost my notice. It happened with my EAD, which I never received. I'm not in a hurry to work since I'm pregnant so we're waiting for the green card instead of paying for the EAD and wait 3 months again. I called the hotline but they just repeated what was on the uscis website status, and that there's nothing they can do since based on uscis website, Denver office is still processing May 30, 2016 applicants, even though I said some September and October 2016 filers already had their interviews / interview schedules. 

It doesn't matter. USCIS says they go by NBC, which was on September 2016 last month, I believe. NBC holds your file until your interview date is set then they send it off.

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mary_mj said:

The processing dates for the field offices are always behind, I think they do that so people aren't calling them all the time asking about it. We filed September 22, 2016 and had our interview today. There were some people that filed in March 2016 and didn't get interviews until March 2017. When we filed, our lawyer said we should expect to wait a year, and we were very pleased to have gotten the interview in 8 months. From what I have seen recently, it looks like the Denver office is speeding up a bit, to 8-9 months instead of 12. I know it sucks waiting and it is so hard to see people who filed before you get interviews, there are even people who filed for AOS in Nov, Dec and Jan even that have already gotten interviews, just because their field office is faster than Denver. Don't lose hope! 

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Timeline

Hi @Ijroul , Thank you for the message.

So it looks like your case is approved after interview, could you let us know how did it go, what all questions was asked?

Timeline
Just now, vickykgp said:

Hi @Ijroul , Thank you for the message.

So it looks like your case is approved after interview, could you let us know how did it go, what all questions was asked?

Yes we did get approved today! Unfortunately I don't think our interview experience is going to be that helpful. My husband and I initially intended on doing the CR-1 process, with him staying in Canada. So we applied for our I-130 in 2016 and had it approved. We then changed our minds and decided to go with AOS. Because of this, our interview was extremely short. 

After being sworn in, the officer went through our I-485 form, asked my husband his full name and date of birth, my full name and date of birth, our address, and then asked the yes/no questions about organizations/fraud/drug use/criminal background/terrorism etc. She then asked for his medical and that was it. She did not ask me (the USC) any questions, and no questions about our relationship. She also said because our I-130 was already approved that she didn't need to see any evidence. We gave her some anyway and asked to put in the file (can't hurt since we will have to apply to remove conditions in 2 years). And that was it! We were literally in the room for about 5 minutes and I was so nervous it felt like a huge blur. Most AOS interviews I do believe they ask more questions. 

We prepared a ton and went over major dates and our relationship history etc beforehand. I brought tons of documents with me. It's better to be over prepared!

USCIS Process

Timeline

USCIS just updated my case again, "ready to be scheduled for an interview" still but the date changed, from 04/17 when it came the first time, to 05/18 (today). Does anyone know why that could be?

K-1:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/30/2017 at 0:35 PM, s + j said:

My biometrics is in Aurora this Friday!! :D I'd love to connect to more people with AOS pending or completed here in Colorado...such a hard time to make friends when you can't do anything all day

Hi s + j,

I'm happy to see that your AOS process is going well. I myself will start applying for AOS in Denver Colorado next week. I came with a K1 visa, we married this week and I have a civil surgeon appointment onMonday, so after that, I'll be ready to submit the paperwork. It'd be great to hear from your experience and maybe get some tips before filling my documents, as many of you, I want to make sure I do it properly and that I won't slow down the process.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,

Maria

Timeline
3 minutes ago, m_&_a said:

Hi s + j,

I'm happy to see that your AOS process is going well. I myself will start applying for AOS in Denver Colorado next week. I came with a K1 visa, we married this week and I have a civil surgeon appointment onMonday, so after that, I'll be ready to submit the paperwork. It'd be great to hear from your experience and maybe get some tips before filling my documents, as many of you, I want to make sure I do it properly and that I won't slow down the process.

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best,

Maria

Hi! Congratulations on your marriage!

Why do you have a civil surgeon appointment? You don't need another medical if you came on a K-1 as long as your medical was within 1 year, which it must've been ;) 

When it comes to filing, just follow the instructions and you should be fine. There's a bit of a backlog right now so expect a NOA1 within a month. Start prepping paperwork now though, is my only tip. You never know if you'll have an interview or not, and you don't wanna sit there the night before gathering all your paperwork for an AOS interview, I have lease agreement added to my pile soon and I have bank statements from Oct-current from savings/my personal/and joint checking because it has both our names on all of them, paper signed by in laws stating we lived as a married couple with them, I'll bring my vaccination records with me just in case and I've got pics/wedding cards/engagement card/receipts. 

Where in Colorado are you at? Maybe if you're local we can be friends. I'm in Thornton

K-1:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 minutes ago, s + j said:

Hi! Congratulations on your marriage!

Why do you have a civil surgeon appointment? You don't need another medical if you came on a K-1 as long as your medical was within 1 year, which it must've been ;) 

When it comes to filing, just follow the instructions and you should be fine. There's a bit of a backlog right now so expect a NOA1 within a month. Start prepping paperwork now though, is my only tip. You never know if you'll have an interview or not, and you don't wanna sit there the night before gathering all your paperwork for an AOS interview, I have lease agreement added to my pile soon and I have bank statements from Oct-current from savings/my personal/and joint checking because it has both our names on all of them, paper signed by in laws stating we lived as a married couple with them, I'll bring my vaccination records with me just in case and I've got pics/wedding cards/engagement card/receipts. 

Where in Colorado are you at? Maybe if you're local we can be friends. I'm in Thornton

Thanks for your quick reply ;)

I need my vaccination record completed by designated civil surgeon. When I got my medical examination in Spain, they didn't include the vaccination record in the official file, because they were not allowed, so I need to get it done here. Not sure why it wasn't included though :(

Regarding the possible interview, so far it's been very smooth, we got a brief interview back in Spain at the embassy and another one when I entered the US 3 weeks ago. My now husband and I got in a civil union in Spain more than 5 years ago and have been living together there for 9 years now. We have both moved together from Spain and live in Denver now. I have proof of that, but I have not gathered many more papers as a proof. 

We just found an apartment in downtown Denver. It would be lovely to meet you in person sometime. I can come visit in Thornton or we can meet here in Downtown. I don't want to post my phone details here, is there a private message feature here?

best

maria

Timeline
3 minutes ago, m_&_a said:

Thanks for your quick reply ;)

I need my vaccination record completed by designated civil surgeon. When I got my medical examination in Spain, they didn't include the vaccination record in the official file, because they were not allowed, so I need to get it done here. Not sure why it wasn't included though :(

Regarding the possible interview, so far it's been very smooth, we got a brief interview back in Spain at the embassy and another one when I entered the US 3 weeks ago. My now husband and I got in a civil union in Spain more than 5 years ago and have been living together there for 9 years now. We have both moved together from Spain and live in Denver now. I have proof of that, but I have not gathered many more papers as a proof. 

We just found an apartment in downtown Denver. It would be lovely to meet you in person sometime. I can come visit in Thornton or we can meet here in Downtown. I don't want to post my phone details here, is there a private message feature here?

best

maria

Ah, shoot, that sucks! I hope that won't be a problem for me. I have completed my Hep-B shots now here in Denver, which I'm bringing proof of, so I hope that will be sufficient, there's a PM function on here so I'll shoot ya a message!

K-1:

AOS

Timeline
On 5/19/2017 at 3:34 PM, s + j said:

Ah, shoot, that sucks! I hope that won't be a problem for me. I have completed my Hep-B shots now here in Denver, which I'm bringing proof of, so I hope that will be sufficient, there's a PM function on here so I'll shoot ya a message!

Hey if you guys are getting together in Denver I would love to come as well! It would be fun to meet other people in the same immigration situation :)

USCIS Process

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, ljroul said:

I think it does depend on if you adjusted from a K-1 or not (which it looks like you didn't?) When you go through K-1 you have to have a medical done, and then I believe (don't take my word on this I could be wrong) that you do not have to have another medical done if your AOS interview is within a year.

My husband adjusted from a B2 visa, and we did not have him get a medical when we filed for AOS because we didn't want it to expire. Once we got our interview notice, we went ahead and got it. Depending on how many vaccinations you have, it is quite expensive. We went to MedNow clinics (there is one in Denver and one in Aurora) the exam is $110, the TB test is $20, the blood draw is $20 and the vaccinations are between $25 and $120, if you need a chest xray it's $40. For example, my husband needed 2 vaccines (MMR and TDAP) so the total cost was about $350, if you needed every single vaccine it would be quite pricy. 

You can also just Google Denver civil surgeons and call and check prices, we just went with MedNow because our lawyer recommended it and it was close to our house. You might be able to find lower prices if you search around. 

My advice is to gather all documents of your vaccine records, and if you don't have any check out either free/low cost health clinics or the local health department to get the vaccines done for cheaper. Also if you happen to have health insurance, most insurance covers all the basic vaccines. 

Before you go in you can also download and print out the I-693 from online and fill it out ahead of time. You can get it here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

Good Luck!

Lets meet, I am in too :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

HI ALL,

Even though i am still waiting for my Interview notice i have completed my I-693, total cost was 450 around.

I had an argument with the doctor, i have asked him to add my lab report along with I-693 in the sealed envelop for USCIS but he didn't do it and said no we have instruction not to put any reports apart from I-693 so i asked him then ok could you please give me a copy of that instruction so that if the USCIS interviewer asks me about the report i can show that . Dr was not able to find the instruction so at the end he added the lap report in the envelop and said he is not responsible if the officer creates problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There!

This whole.."not being able to work" thing has moved up our wedding date to tomorrow. =}

Hopefully, by the end of the week, we'll be able to send in AOS?

How long did it take to receive EAD after filing?

Any advice or tips concerning filing and Denver's office is greatly appreciated. 

Thanx in advance!

Either way, I'm so glad I found this group! You all understand our grief!

Patience is truly a virtue! Jajaja

(F)Package of Docs Sent via FedEx - 1/6/17

(F)Received by TX Lockbox - 1/9/17

(F)I29F NOA1 - 1/13/17

(F)Text/Email Notification (routed to CSC) & Receipt # - 1/16/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.