51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Love & PEACE said:

At that time he had some problems which stopped him from being able to go home. 

Do you know what you need to show to substantiate an Asylum claim?

The Consulate will make anything you see on here minor with their questions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline
13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Do you know what you need to show to substantiate an Asylum claim?

The Consulate will make anything you see on here minor with their questions.

could you please restate your sentence in a clearer way? I don't understand what you mean. What does his asylum claim here have to do with the US?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Love & PEACE said:

could you please restate your sentence in a clearer way? I don't understand what you mean. What does his asylum claim here have to do with the US?

Everything.  If he doesn't have legal residency or status in Ireland he cannot be processed there.  So his grounds for asylum are incredibly important 

Just now, Transborderwife said:

Everything.  If he doesn't have legal residency or status in Ireland he cannot be processed there.  So his grounds for asylum are incredibly important 

Are you saying that it may be possible for him to apply K1 here from Ireland, while the asylum case is still pending?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assume he has some sort of status in Ireland, only the Consulate could say for certain that they will deal with his case, I have seen Asylum Seekers obtaining interviews.

I would expect the bigger issue is credibility, with a K2 particularly that is what you need to have.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am currently working and living outside the US, in Ireland.

I would like to stay living with my partner and the love of my life until his K1 visa is approved, so that we can both move to the US together.

Can I apply for the K1 visa for my fiance, while I am still living outside the US?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Love & PEACE said:

I am currently working and living outside the US, in Ireland.

I would like to stay living with my partner and the love of my life until his K1 visa is approved, so that we can both move to the US together.

Can I apply for the K1 visa for my fiance, while I am still living outside the US?

Yes you can. I filed in December and also live overseas with my fiancé. You just need to show intent to move back together. You can search about domicile on VJ. Also if you have lived with him for more than six months overseas then you might want to consider DCF (if offered in your country) as it only takes 3 months or less. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

I may be wrong but I think Ireland no longer has direct counselor filing.

You will need to have domicile in the US. Have you been continuously filing taxes?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
Just now, ShanghaiSurfer said:

Yes you can. I filed in December and also live overseas with my fiancé. You just need to show intent to move back together. You can search about domicile on VJ. Also if you have lived with him for more than six months overseas then you might want to consider DCF (if offered in your country) as it only takes 3 months or less. 

DCF Is not offered in Ireland 

10 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

I may be wrong but I think Ireland no longer has direct counselor filing.

You will need to have domicile in the US. Have you been continuously filing taxes?

I am paying taxes here in Ireland. Over here taxes are paid by the employer before the employee receives their income, so our taxes are filed automatically :-)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Love & PEACE said:

I am paying taxes here in Ireland. Over here taxes are paid by the employer before the employee receives their income, so our taxes are filed automatically :-)

You still need to file taxes in the USA 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.