Jump to content

USC Petitioning for Stepson in the Philippines

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband (USC) will be petitioning for my 12 year old son from a previous relationship. I am a permanent resident. My son is currently in the Philippines living with his grandparents. Would it be an issue if my son never met my husband in person? So, we don't have photos to show at the embassy if ever if they for any. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be easy if you are the petitioner. not your husband. if you dont have enough income, he can joint on I864a. 

Category F3

PD 07 April 2005

Case approval 23 January 2006

Changeability Rest of World

AOS Fee Paid May 25 2016 ,IV Fee Paid June 7 2016,DS 260 filled June 28 2016,Scanned June 30 2016

Case Complete Sept 20 2016

IL ---------


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.