MissKing

My Chances of Getting a B1/B2 After Admission for Application Withdrawn

34 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2017 at 0:27 PM, MissKing said:

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update but my visa interview will be this week! I'm more excited than nervous as I have my captain's job offer letter, the boat's registration (for Sint Maarten!) papers and crew list (just a list of who the crew member's are on the boat). I won't lie I'm a tiny bit nervous about the 'withdrawn application' on my file however, my boat will only be in Miami for two weeks for the boat show that's happening there and then were heading back to the islands which I'm really going to stress in my interview. 

Please wish me luck!

Hi! How did your interview for the B1/B2 go? My BF is in a similar situation as what happened to you but we want to apply for  B1/B2 for him so we can visit The States on vacation with our kid. He was granted permission to whitdraw application to enter The States before, because the CBP officer found out he worked for 3 weeks on a previous visit under B1/B2 without a permission to work. He then was sent back home from the Miami airport. 

How was your experience applying for the B1 B2 after being denied access before? Thanks for your time. I hope to hear from you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Carolina1985 said:

Hi! How did your interview for the B1/B2 go? My BF is in a similar situation as what happened to you but we want to apply for  B1/B2 for him so we can visit The States on vacation with our kid. He was granted permission to whitdraw application to enter The States before, because the CBP officer found out he worked for 3 weeks on a previous visit under B1/B2 without a permission to work. He then was sent back home from the Miami airport. 

How was your experience applying for the B1 B2 after being denied access before? Thanks for your time. I hope to hear from you!!

Sounds a long shot, let us know how it goes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Carolina1985 said:

Hi Carolina1985!

My interview was successful and was granted a B1/B2 visa that's good for 10 years and multiple entries! the VO that interviewed me was super cool and it didn't feel like an interview at all, more like a conversation with a friend. I went to the interview with my job offer, letter of employment and I carried my bank statement plus a few bills but she didn't look at those. She only looked at the job offer and letter of employment. Luckily, she understood the industry I work in and how crucial it is to have a B1/B2, so that definitely helped.

Although I have the visa now, I still have trouble whenever I try to get into the US. After I was granted my visa, I flew back a week later and was pulled into Secondary Processing (my passport is now flagged) where I was there for about 45 minutes and they questioned me. I asked the CBP if this will happen to me whenever I go to the US and he said it will happen 'sometimes'. They allowed me into the country once I explained the situation and showed them my work documents. A few days after arriving I had a work trip and had to travel the Caribbean. We came back and I went to get my passport stamped at a sea port and they also questioned me. It took about 20-30 minutes and they asked me if I were arrested. They also asked me if I was vacationing or not, told them I planned to vacation now that this work trip ended and they stamped my passport and let me in. Having the B1/B2 won't necessarily guarantee that you'll be let into the country. 

Good luck to your husband!

17 hours ago, MissKing said:

Hi Carolina1985!

My interview was successful and was granted a B1/B2 visa that's good for 10 years and multiple entries! the VO that interviewed me was super cool and it didn't feel like an interview at all, more like a conversation with a friend. I went to the interview with my job offer, letter of employment and I carried my bank statement plus a few bills but she didn't look at those. She only looked at the job offer and letter of employment. Luckily, she understood the industry I work in and how crucial it is to have a B1/B2, so that definitely helped.

Although I have the visa now, I still have trouble whenever I try to get into the US. After I was granted my visa, I flew back a week later and was pulled into Secondary Processing (my passport is now flagged) where I was there for about 45 minutes and they questioned me. I asked the CBP if this will happen to me whenever I go to the US and he said it will happen 'sometimes'. They allowed me into the country once I explained the situation and showed them my work documents. A few days after arriving I had a work trip and had to travel the Caribbean. We came back and I went to get my passport stamped at a sea port and they also questioned me. It took about 20-30 minutes and they asked me if I were arrested. They also asked me if I was vacationing or not, told them I planned to vacation now that this work trip ended and they stamped my passport and let me in. Having the B1/B2 won't necessarily guarantee that you'll be let into the country. 

Good luck to your husband!

Hi!

Ok, thank you so much for your answer. Yes I'm aware that having any kind of visa doesn't guarantee the entry to The US, but ... we have to try the first step, which is applying for one and then I'll be back here to tell our experience. 

Thank you so much for your time and you answer!!! Im glad you could make it! 

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.