MissKing

My Chances of Getting a B1/B2 After Admission for Application Withdrawn

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sint Maarten

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
40 minutes ago, MissKing said:

Yes, you're right! If I'm not granted a visa however, my boat may just leave me in Sint Maarten until they come back :/ 

Could be worse.....

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

As has been mentioned going through phones etc is not normal so no doubt there is a sigificant back story.

I'd too ignore that.. in favor of Sint Maartin. 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

20F snowing and gloomy outside, when are we off?

Maho beach?  Any day! 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

since you live in toronto, go to buffalo for the day to go shopping and see what happens.. that is really the only way u will know.. just be honest.. you are flagged and will be brought in and im sure they will search your phone/electronics again.

most canadians i know that had a withdraw application never needed to apply for a b2.

a b2 is generally needed if you are a criminal and have to apply for one that way.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, KierenHby said:

I'd too ignore that.. in favor of Sint Maartin. 

I was a guest on a boat trip to the Bahamas and arrived back into Miami by boat. The CBP suspected I was working on the boat (which I wasn't) and moreso demanded to go through my phone.

Edited by MissKing
error

Timeline

The manifest should have shown who were passengers and who were crew.

Timeline

PS still do nt see why you do not need a C/D

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Boiler said:

PS still do nt see why you do not need a C/D

Yeah the manifest on the boat did state who were passengers and who were crew. When the CBP were questioning me, they said 'we know about this boat.' They didn't get into detail but I guess the boat has had problems before.

In terms of the C/D, most yachts only require crew members to have a B1/B2.

Timeline

What matters is what US Immigration want.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update but my visa interview will be this week! I'm more excited than nervous as I have my captain's job offer letter, the boat's registration (for Sint Maarten!) papers and crew list (just a list of who the crew member's are on the boat). I won't lie I'm a tiny bit nervous about the 'withdrawn application' on my file however, my boat will only be in Miami for two weeks for the boat show that's happening there and then were heading back to the islands which I'm really going to stress in my interview. 

Please wish me luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.